Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway from 11/12/18 - 16/12/18

Options
  • 29-10-2018 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭

I'll be in Galway in December for 5 nights and am looking for ways to pass the time and activities and things to see and do, particularly in the evenings as I'll be travelling solo.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭RichT

Galway from 11/12/16 - 16/12/18

All the Time Travelers normally meet in The Skeff. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There will be a Christmas market in Eyre Square with some food stalls and amusements such as a ferris wheel and merry-go-round, an ice rink on the docks I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,638 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

RichT wrote: »
    All the Time Travelers normally meet in The Skeff. :P

That explains a lot actually.

The "this is Galway" site is usually a great place to start to find something to do

https://thisisgalway.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭GalwayGrrrrrl

There’s a U2 Joshua tree tribute in the black box on the 15th. In aid of charity, looks like it will be a quality show. (Beyond the music).
    Ice rink will be at leisure land - Galway Skates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,120 ✭✭✭✭zell12

Sit on the prom and gaze wistfully at the distant banner hills, bannerman98

That will be work Christmas party time - tag along to some of the late bars and watch the carnage.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,577 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

We have a great trad session in Tigh Cholis in Mainguard St on Monday nights starting at 9.30 PM, so if your not doing anything on the night of 17th December, call in and listen to some tunes and perhaps a song or two. :)

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

Advertisement