Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs Tralee

Options
  • 29-10-2018 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭

Hi there. I have recently moved to Tralee with my family and we are loving it.

I am now hoping to join some clubs to meet people. Have tried the rowing club but there is a waiting list. Am in my 40s but happy to consider anything that involves meeting others and keeping fit.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Hi there. I have recently moved to Tralee with my family and we are loving it.

I am now hoping to join some clubs to meet people. Have tried the rowing club but there is a waiting list. Am in my 40s but happy to consider anything that involves meeting others and keeping fit.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Thank you

Not of major help to you, but I got my eldest back into the beavers(scout).
    The kids will need to be involved in local things as well.
    There is also swimming lessons this week for kids in the sports complex.

I was talking to a friend, she's teaching in your kids school, not their class though!

The aqua dome does a 6 month part pay as you go which I believe is worth it. You need to enquire at the desk. It also has a small gym.

We must meet up for a coffee sometime. Not easy being a blow-in in a foreign country!!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭Joniamhsean

Hi there,
    Its a small world! Have the kids in brownies and swimming. We also joined basketball. Not a bother on them at all.

Now its time for me! It really isnt easy being a newbie and billy no mates lol!! So I am hoping to do something team - y.

Defo love to meet up and hear bout ur experiences so far. Hope the new house is going well.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Hi there,
    Its a small world! Have the kids in brownies and swimming. We also joined basketball. Not a bother on them at all.

Now its time for me! It really isnt easy being a newbie and billy no mates lol!! So I am hoping to do something team - y.

Defo love to meet up and hear bout ur experiences so far. Hope the new house is going well.

Not much help from me as I’m not really involved in clubs. I just do a fitness class twice a week, which I love! Its also good for meeting new people, which can be hard these days. It’s up in Monavalley with Maeve Frawley fitness. I’m almost 42, so I like to be doing some form of exercise still! And with a 2 year old, I need the break!! Once he gets a bit older I’m sure we will be doing a lot more things with regards clubs etc.

Hope you are settling in well!

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭NewCorkLad

You could check out Tralee Triathlon Club. They have an new to tri information night coming up in the Meadowlands Hotel on the 06th of November.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

tralee mountaineering club, Kerry Orienteers. Ardfert camera if you like taking pictures there is a sailing club out in fenit there is a rowing club too out there I think. there is a mountain biking club around too tralee bay mountaineering club.

A friend does marathons with born to run, there is a couple of running clubs.

Can you sing at all? Kerry Choral union

• Advertisement

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Not much help from me as I’m not really involved in clubs. I just do a fitness class twice a week, which I love! Its also good for meeting new people, which can be hard these days. It’s up in Monavalley with Maeve Frawley fitness. I’m almost 42, so I like to be doing some form of exercise still! And with a 2 year old, I need the break!! Once he gets a bit older I’m sure we will be doing a lot more things with regards clubs etc.

Hope you are settling in well!

Thanks a mill for your reply. Defo will look inti that fitness class. Might see u there!!

We are settling in well thanks, still house hunting, which is exhausting. Delighted we made the move and loving the adventure.

NewCorkLad wrote: »
    You could check out Tralee Triathlon Club. They have an new to tri information night coming up in the Meadowlands Hotel on the 06th of November.

Thanks for that. Not sure I am the right calibre but I might pop along to hear what its all about.
    Thanks again

sheesh wrote: »
    tralee mountaineering club, Kerry Orienteers. Ardfert camera if you like taking pictures there is a sailing club out in fenit there is a rowing club too out there I think. there is a mountain biking club around too tralee bay mountaineering club.

A friend does marathons with born to run, there is a couple of running clubs.

Can you sing at all? Kerry Choral union

Thanks for the great suggestions. Would definately be interested in most of them. Not sure Tralee is ready to hear me sing yet tho!!

Ardfert camera club looks fairly dead. Non active Facebook and web pages.
    Tralee or Killarney look a lot better.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,367 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

EE
    Thanks a mill for your reply. Defo will look inti that fitness class. Might see u there!!

We are settling in well thanks, still house hunting, which is exhausting. Delighted we made the move and loving the adventure.

That’s great. Glad things are going well.

The class is good. Very tough, but I like it and I’m not a big fitness fan! I could do with going to the gym too, but I am never motivated in the gym and get bored! At least with Maeve’s class you can’t be lazy & you have to work hard!
    Here’s the link to her page https://www.facebook.com/Maevefrawleyfitness/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Ardfert camera club looks fairly dead. Non active Facebook and web pages.
    Tralee or Killarney look a lot better.

their facebook is very active with photos are being posted there regularly as in the last 8 hours of this post. it seems that you have to be a member to see it we had a meeting last week on thures in the Abbey tavern in Ardfert. net one will be thuresday week.

the site, not so much, which is my fault :o

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭aisling86

Just wondering do scouts in Tralee take girls. Our local scout group does & she absolutely loves it. Is there a waiting list?

aisling86 wrote: »
    Just wondering do scouts in Tralee take girls. Our local scout group does & she absolutely loves it. Is there a waiting list?

They do. Age 6 up for beavers, cubs from 9.
    No waiting list. The hall is in the car park at the back of SuperValu.
    Don't ask me what the area is called..I'm a blow in. :)
    Beavers is €25 a month. They were at the playground tonight and had an ice cream. The beach next week.
    Pm me if you need more details.

Advertisement