Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Security lights

Options
  • 29-10-2018 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35

I had 2 LED sensor lights fitted to the front and back of my house about 6 months ago, both have stopped working correctly. They glow very faint now when activated, the person who installed them is non contactable. Is there anything I can do before I get new ones fitted?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

oneright wrote: »
    I had 2 LED sensor lights fitted to the front and back of my house about 6 months ago, both have stopped working correctly. They glow very faint now when activated, the person who installed them is non contactable.

If they both stopped working at the same time it suggests a common fault, such as a wiring issue. If they failed at different times it is more likely to be as a result of using low quality light fittings.

Is there anything I can do before I get new ones fitted?

You could stick on the kettle :D
    I would suggest that you use a good quality make such as Stinel next time around (high quality + 5 year warranty).

• Registered Users Posts: 35 oneright

2011 wrote: »
    If they both stopped working at the same time it suggests a common fault, such as a wiring issue. If they failed at different times it is more likely to be as a result of using low quality light fittings.

You could stick on the kettle :D
    I would suggest that you use a good quality make such as Stinel next time around (high quality + 5 year warranty).

Thanks, they both went the same time. (Within a day of me noticing) I’ll have to get wiring checked but will probably get them replaced with a better model. The uncontactable electrician was not that reliable it may seem

Advertisement