Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Equity Release

Options
  • 29-10-2018 10:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Do banks actually do equity release nowadays? Has anyone gone through the process recently could anyone share their experience? I had a brief chat with UB they told me I can release the equity up to 80% LTV, is this a common level across different banks, also what's typically used for measuring the current market value?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭blindside88

GalwayBmw wrote: »
    Do banks actually do equity release nowadays? Has anyone gone through the process recently could anyone share their experience?

Yes they do, I know a number of people that have done it. Every bank has differenent criteria but it can be done easily enough

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,370 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Yes they do, I know a number of people that have done it. Every bank has differenent criteria but it can be done easily enough

Not sure they all do.

BOI certainly don't based on research earlier this year,

Pepper do.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭GalwayBmw

BOI confirmed they can do ER for the purposes other than BTL only, i.e. education, home improvement etc., which is a good deal considering the rate and terms of the loan.

BOI confirmed they can do ER for the purposes other than BTL only, i.e. education, home improvement etc., which is a good deal considering the rate and terms of the loan.

Yeah we wanted it to buy a house and rent out the apartment we are in now.

Same here, did you find a bank which woulp provide with such loan?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,756 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I can't see releasing to 80% for BTL being allowable as BTL mortgages aren't even offered to that %.

I think many people who bought in 2014-2015 have 100K+ equity, which can be released. This would greatly help to pay the BTL deposit, wouldn't it?

Same here, did you find a bank which woulp provide with such loan?

Nope as don't want to refinance with Pepper who are the only ones in the market who do in this situation.

Retail lending in this country really is tick the box stuff with no common sense used to assess applications on
    a case by case basis- its just a blanket No.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭Earleybird

Has anyone had any experience with switching and obtaining an equity release at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

Nope as don't want to refinance with Pepper who are the only ones in the market who do in this situation.

Retail lending in this country really is tick the box stuff with no common sense used to assess applications on
    a case by case basis- its just a blanket No.

Dilusk ics May also do it but they would be much the same as pepper. Why do you not want to go with pepper. You have a option however your complaining that other banks don’t offer it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement