Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi, RDS, 15th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

Is there any mp3 download redeemable for this like with the Metallica gig last week?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,565 ✭✭✭bennyl10

Will be over at 10.30 tonight, because Sunday curfew for anyone going!
    Bon Jovi should be on for 8ish

• Registered Users Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Really looking forward to the gig tonight :)

Hopefully the weather stays good, although I’m guessing I’ll have to bring a raincoat just to be safe :/

So best bets for parking are Raglan road and Pembroke hockey club/ FC? (Is street parking pay and display?.... and the respective sports clubs charge on entry?)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Really looking forward to the gig tonight :)

Hopefully the weather stays good, although I’m guessing I’ll have to bring a raincoat just to be safe :/

So best bets for parking are Raglan road and Pembroke hockey club/ FC? (Is street parking pay and display?.... and the respective sports clubs charge on entry?)

Clyde road and it’s side roads are also good

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

for anyone that was there last night, what drinks are available at the bar. seen rockshore being mentioned earlier, have they anything else?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭piplip87

ooter wrote: »
    for anyone that was there last night, what drinks are available at the bar. seen rockshore being mentioned earlier, have they anything else?

Rockshore, Bulmers, pink gin.

There's a bottle bar, draught bar and a gin bar. Quite annoying when your buying a round have to go to two of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭Jasper79

Guinness at the draught bar . Was bulmers wine and prosecco too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭hetuzozaho

What time should we expect the manics to be on stage at today?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

hetuzozaho wrote: »
    What time should we expect the manics to be on stage at today?

Doors 5.30, MSP 6.15, Bon Jovi 8.10

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Overall good day yesterday, every pub around the venue was packed and resorted too getting cans and sitting in the garden in the clayton

The anglesea stand is a dump tbh esp when ur view is obstructed. It was a great view when ur leaned forward. Ended up standing up for most of the concert

Sound was iffy in places esp during manics early songs but got better. Great set by them with all the big hits

Bon Jovi were good but not the same without Richie to an extent but Phil X and the other guy are very good. Liked the setlist but Jon has to change up the style for certain songs too suite his voice nowadays eg Runaway, Lost Highway and Living on a prayer been examples. It's hard too knw how much time he has left touring but then again we have the possible Richie Sambora reunion tour

Women left out for the day it was yesterday no doubt but at least Jon was handsome for ye ha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Was his voice as bad as the Hall of Fame induction performance or does he manage it better now?

That was one of the worst things I've ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Overall good day yesterday, every pub around the venue was packed and resorted too getting cans and sitting in the garden in the clayton

The anglesea stand is a dump tbh esp when ur view is obstructed. It was a great view when ur leaned forward. Ended up standing up for most of the concert

Sound was iffy in places esp during manics early songs but got better. Great set by them with all the big hits

Bon Jovi were good but not the same without Richie to an extent but Phil X and the other guy are very good. Liked the setlist but Jon has to change up the style for certain songs too suite his voice nowadays eg Runaway, Lost Highway and Living on a prayer been examples. It's hard too knw how much time he has left touring but then again we have the possible Richie Sambora reunion tour

Women left out for the day it was yesterday no doubt but at least Jon was handsome for ye ha

Thought the Manics were really good and an exceptional opening act. But Bon Jovi were top class. Jon’s voice is absolutely shot. But he was half decent last night singing. As a front man, he was unbelievable. I’ve seen a lot of good front men but none that can work a crowd like Jon. When the camera showed the crowd you could see he had us in the palm of his hand.

I came out of there properly entertained. Wasn’t expecting much because I’d seen videos and Jon is struggling. But he worked the crowd brilliantly and the band were pretty tight.

I don’t ever see a reunion tour with Richie. I think he crossed a line with Jon and this is Phil’s gig for as long as he wants it. Jon’s pretty loyal, I don’t see him screwing Phil.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭roadmaster

DeanAustin wrote: »
    Thought the Manics were really good and an exceptional opening act. But Bon Jovi were top class. Jon’s voice is absolutely shot. But he was half decent last night singing. As a front man, he was unbelievable. I’ve seen a lot of good front men but none that can work a crowd like Jon. When the camera showed the crowd you could see he had us in the palm of his hand.

I came out of there properly entertained. Wasn’t expecting much because I’d seen videos and Jon is struggling. But he worked the crowd brilliantly and the band were pretty tight.

I don’t ever see a reunion tour with Richie. I think he crossed a line with Jon and this is Phil’s gig for as long as he wants it. Jon’s pretty loyal, I don’t see him screwing Phil.

I would say you will 100% see Richie back with a reunion tour in 4 years for the 40th anniversary. It was only a few years ago slash said there was no money in the world to get him back with axel but yet he did because at the end of the day money talks over egos

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

I have tickets to pink, Anglesea stand block C, hopefully not a restricted view :/

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭direstraits

****ing bastards

What block was this? Row etc..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭showpony1

If any 3 app tickets going spare for tonight pm me please!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

Great gig. First time seeing Bon Jovi live and they did not disappoint. Really liked the stage and lighting. Disappointed they didn’t perform Always or Bed of Roses. Maybe if they had taken to the stage 10 mins earlier they might have? Loads of good empty seats where we were in the grandstand and could see empty seats also in Anglesea Stand. Pitch was full though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,195 ✭✭✭ooter

TheJet wrote: »
    Disappointed they didn’t perform Always or Bed of Roses.
    ah jaysus my OH will be gutted.
    anyone got the set list from last night?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

DeanAustin wrote: »

I'd say Richie's back whenever he wants to come back. Jon is loyal but I'd say Phil knows that he's just there until Richie's ready to go again. Sure doesn't seem like there's any bad feelings there, to the extent that they're insurmountable at least anyway.

Plus he was back for one night last year at the Hall of Fame induction.. so I'd say it's really just a matter of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

What block was this? Row etc..

Block C row C seat 5 was my seat yesterday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,376 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

ah jaysus my OH will be gutted.
    anyone got the set list from last night?
    Good chance we'll get Always tonight actually seem to be rotating that with These Days which they played last night, Bed of Roses hasn't been consistently in set going by other dates on the other hand.

Last nights...

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-jovi/2019/rds-arena-dublin-ireland-4b91df52.html

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kwat

*Sorry now gone*

Have 2 free standing tickets for tonight if anyone wants them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭DeanAustin

I'd say Richie's back whenever he wants to come back. Jon is loyal but I'd say Phil knows that he's just there until Richie's ready to go again. Sure doesn't seem like there's any bad feelings there, to the extent that they're insurmountable at least anyway.

Plus he was back for one night last year at the Hall of Fame induction.. so I'd say it's really just a matter of time.

Jon was quite dignified through the whole fiasco but did say a couple of times that he could no longer trust Richie. He also said that year was the worst of his life and a good deal of it was down to Richie not showing up. There’s also a rumour that Richie was intending to come back for the back end of that tour and Jon wouldn’t have it. As far as the band goes, I think Richie’s burned his bridges.

If he’s back and I’m proven wrong, I’ll buy your ticket for the gig.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭applejunkie

kwat wrote: »
    Have 2 free standing tickets for tonight if anyone wants them?

Could I take them if they are still available please

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

I have two free standing tickets for tonight. Send a PM if anybody wants them and I’ll email them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭applejunkie

I have two free standing tickets for tonight. Send a PM if anybody wants them and I’ll email them on.

PM sent

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭sally cinnamon89

Tickets gone folks

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Doors 5.30, MSP 6.15, Bon Jovi 8.10

Were the Manics on that early yesterday?.friend said they were on at 7 , but I never know to trust his recollection even if sober.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,622 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

Just a heads up for parking.
    Most parking spots close to the ground are FREE as it’s a Sunday.
    Ailesbury/Shrewsbury/Donnybrook/Ballsbridge area but check the signs as there are a couple of roads that are pay on Sunday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭dobman88

Weepsie wrote: »
    Were the Manics on that early yesterday?.friend said they were on at 7 , but I never know to trust his recollection even if sober.

Came on about 6.40. Bon Jovi was on at 8.30 and played until 10.40. Encore finished at 11

Advertisement