Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi, RDS, 15th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

piplip87 wrote: »
    Looks like the Manics are getting a near full set :D happy days

Possibly not as it might take some time to get the stage ready Bon Jovi . 45mins-1hr set more likely

Actually can't wait too hear them they have some great songs. Watched a doc about them 2015 really odd history, quite a lad back band

• Registered Users Posts: 3,228 ✭✭✭darragh o meara

colmufc wrote: »
    Does the rds run parking out behind the main arena , I remember going to a gig in Simmons court years ago and there was parking in front of that building , the website is very unhelpful

It was open for Fleetwood Mac but filled up early so get there in time if you want to park there. We drove around to Ailesbury rd where all the mansions are and parked up on the road, plenty of spots there and only pay and display til 7pm. 10 min walk from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,988 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

If anyone has 2 seating tickets on Saturday that they don't mind swapping for standing please pm me. Looking to swap as the missus is nearly 9 months pregnant and don't want to be standing all gig.

I know from experience it's a real pain trying to phone ticketmaster but if you ever get through they are actually quite helpful

And I agree with the poster saying to ask them on twitter, they seem much faster when it's in the public domain!

Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭greentea is just wrong

@Fuzzy Logic
    If anyone has 2 seating tickets on Saturday that they don't mind swapping for standing please pm me. Looking to swap as the missus is nearly 9 months pregnant and don't want to be standing all gig.

Try posting on the FB event too, you might get someone interested there :)
    https://www.facebook.com/events/558768441239122/

I imagine the stage wont be much as Mac were in the same venue last night and there hardly going to have the time too tear down there stage and put up a special one for Bon Jovi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Tried but failed. Between them and MCD we couldn't get a reply at all.

No luck either with TM for changing my free three tickets to seating as I only got them to bring my daughter and the guy says they won't be checking ID, as long as she looks 14 it'll be cool!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

PTH2009 wrote: »
    I imagine the stage wont be much as Mac were in the same venue last night and there hardly going to have the time too tear down there stage and put up a special one for Bon Jovi

They should have their own stage ,plenty of time to take down the Fleetwood one and put up Bon Jovis stage

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

The stage itself might be the same as Fleetwood mac but Jovi will have there own screens and lighting rigs at the very least

should be a good laugh tomorrow, didnt see Bon Jovi in 8 years and not even a blaster of a show tomorrow will compare to that show in the RDS in 2011(night 1)amazing set list that night and the band were on fire.

Bon Jovi RDS- June 29th 2011
    Raise Your Hands
    You Give Love a Bad Name
    Born to Be My Baby
    We Weren't Born to Follow
    Just Older
    It's My Life
    Blaze of Glory
    We Got It Goin' On
    Captain Crash & the Beauty Queen From Mars
    Bad Medicine
    (with Gloria , Not Fade Away and Pretty Woman)
    Love's the Only Rule
    When We Were Beautiful
    Bed of Roses
    I'll Be There for You
    Who Says You Can't Go Home
    I'll Sleep When I'm Dead
    Someday I'll Be Saturday Night
    Have a Nice Day
    Keep the Faith

Encore:
    Dry County
    Wanted Dead or Alive
    These Days

Encore 2:
    Always
    Livin' on a Prayer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Zardoz wrote: »
    They should have their own stage ,plenty of time to take down the Fleetwood one and put up Bon Jovis stage

Unfortunatly there not bringing there stage as it takes 4 days to put up. But they will make changes to the mcd one as mentioned so it will look similar to theres which i think has massive screens. I wonder did mcd get a discount from bon jovi , fleetwood and pink for providing the stage

• Advertisement

roadmaster wrote: »
    Unfortunatly there not bringing there stage as it takes 4 days to put up. But they will make changes to the mcd one as mentioned so it will look similar to theres which i think has massive screens. I wonder did mcd get a discount from bon jovi , fleetwood and pink for providing the stage

Thats a joke .
    The money people are paying they should be getting the full show ,not a watered down stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 565 ✭✭✭claregal1

Anyone know or have an idea what the playlist is for tomorrow night?

claregal1 wrote: »
    Anyone know or have an idea what the playlist is for tomorrow night?

this was from the last show

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bon-jovi/2019/goffertpark-nijmegen-netherlands-6b91ee0e.html

Thats a joke .
    The money people are paying they should be getting the full show ,not a watered down stage.

Thats down to mcd booking 3 gigs in under a week in the one venue. There is video i think on Facebook showing the real stage

Thats down to mcd booking 3 gigs in under a week in the one venue. There is video i think on Facebook showing the real stage

MCD seem to think June is the only month that they can have outdoor concerts in the Summer .
    Do they close down for July and August or something ??
    I know they are constrained somewhat with bands touring schedules but putting on 3 different acts in the space of 6 days is idiotic .

MCD seem to think June is the only month that they can have outdoor concerts in the Summer .
    I know they are constrained somewhat with bands touring schedules but putting on 3 different acts in the space of 6 days is idiotic .

the demographics been similar too

Slane and The Cure been on the same day was also a bit of a cock up

With the way ticket prices are gone and the closeness of most gigs its impossible too see them all if ur a fan of whos playing

Apart from no sambora there the only downside tomorrow is having the manics there . They have a few good songs but in general i am not a fan, i seen jovi in punchestown and kid rock was one of the support acts and he had the place buzzing. Then razorlight came on and put everyone to sleep hopefully the manics wont do that. Its to bad we didnt get Def Leppard like some of the European shows

Apart from no sambora there the only downside tomorrow is having the manics there . They have a few good songs but in general i am not a fan, i seen jovi in punchestown and kid rock was one of the support acts and he had the place buzzing. Then razorlight came on and put everyone to sleep hopefully the manics wont do that. Its to bad we didnt get Def Leppard like some of the European shows

I think the Manics will put on a great show

Download is on this weekend too and Def Leppard are one of the headliners so i imagine they have other things too worry about. There headling tonight in fact

With the way ticket prices are gone and the closeness of most gigs its impossible too see them all if ur a fan of whos playing

Yeah ,I'd like to have gone to all 3 but its simply not feasible for me as I live in Cork.
    Billy Corgan is playing the night after Pink too .
    4 acts in the space of a week ,then very little of interest to me for the rest of the summer.
    They have a few good songs but in general i am not a fan
    :eek:

The Manics are class

:eek:

The Manics are class[/quote]

If we all liked the same things it would be a very boring world. I think ill catch the 1st half of wexford/Kilkenny first and then head in

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,544 ✭✭✭its_steve116

Def Leppard could easily do the RDS in their own right. They're a bit too big to be playing with Bon Jovi unless it's a double header.

Def Leppard could easily do the RDS in their own right. They're a bit too big to be playing with Bon Jovi unless it's a double header.

Not anymore seen them put on a great show last year in 3 Arena and there was plenty of empty seats around me

The setlists Bon Jovi have been playing on this tour are very strong ,nearly all of the hits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,471 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

It's great business, If they can sell out 4 gigs and get away with only having to pay the setup and tear down once, then why wouldn't they?

The setlists Bon Jovi have been playing on this tour are very strong ,nearly all of the hits.

Which is good and bad but the bad being they are not playing many songs of this house album which the tour is supposed to be. They have so many good songs that they don’t play.

Asked on the Fleetwood Mac thread what drinks are in the RDS

Rockshore, Guinness, bulmers, wine, prosecco & I think a Gordon's pre mixed can

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Anyone know do they still flog the dodgy t-shirts outside concerts? Didn't see any at the last few shows I was at

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭keano25

24 hours now he'll be on the stage singing this house is not for sale...

keano25 wrote: »
    24 hours now he'll be on the stage singing this house is not for sale...

Which one of his houses is not for sale ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

****in hell i cant wait. Been to the last 11 concerts in ireland and its always a fantastic show. I. Hopeing tomorrow will be the best. Where's the best place around rds to have a few pints and listen to his music??

Advertisement