Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bon Jovi, RDS, 15th June 2019

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,101 ✭✭✭NUTZZ

billyhead wrote: »
    I'll take them from you if still available

Yep they're yours! I'll PM you.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,427 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

NUTZZ wrote: »
    Yep they're yours! I'll PM you.

I was trying to refresh the thread to grab them. If all else fails I'd be interested

• Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 2,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nigel Fairservice

The manics are outrageous!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭TheJet

The manics are outrageous!!!

Yes they were brilliant... loved The cover of Sweet Child of mine.... roll on Bon Jovi-

• Registered Users Posts: 38,407 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

****ing bastards

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,321 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

PTH2009 wrote: »
    ****ing bastards

That's...awful

Birneybau wrote: »
    That's...awful

It's not too bad when I stand up. Hoping nobody turns up next to me

• Registered Users Posts: 5,785 ✭✭✭Zardoz

****ing bastards

That seat should have been sold as restricted view .
    I'd go wandering if I were you ,should be a good few empty seats up near the stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,193 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Is the pitch cut in half because of different standing tickets?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,052 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Is the pitch cut in half because of different standing tickets?

Pit/gold circle and then the rest of us mere mortals I'd imagine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭baron von something

Were security strict with letting people in with backpacks/water bottles etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TearFairy

Sorry for jumping in, heading to Pink on Tuesday with a young child and was wondering about parking? Don't want to have to walk(carry her) too far after!

Amazing gig despite my **** view but I moved around and ended up at the barrier in the middle of Block B ha

Maniacs were great too despite sound issues

• Registered Users Posts: 11,933 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

****ing bastards

Jaysus, Gold Circle seems like half the pitch :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 892 ✭✭✭Fuzzy Logic

TearFairy wrote: »
    Sorry for jumping in, heading to Pink on Tuesday with a young child and was wondering about parking? Don't want to have to walk(carry her) too far after!

Raglan Road area is your best bet

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭TearFairy

Raglan Road area is your best bet

Cheers Fuzzy, appreciate that. Don't fancy a Slane type walk we had after Metallica last week but with a 5 year old!

• Registered Users Posts: 831 ✭✭✭CFC007

Did they start bang on 8:10? Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭keavebm

CFC007 wrote:
    Did they start bang on 8:10? Thanks!

Nope more like 8.35

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭ratracer

What a superb gig! Manic Street Preachers were brilliant, Bon Jovi didn’t disappoint either!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,637 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

What was JBJ's voice like?

Had heard recently it was awful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 VelvetSummer

Epic show... Nothing like a Bon Jovi concert! Staging & lighting superb.... Sounded fantastic & crowd were great... Anybody going to tomorrow's concert, enjoy, you will have a rocking time.

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭frogstar

What time did it finish at lads

• Registered Users Posts: 15 VelvetSummer

frogstar wrote: »
    What time did it finish at lads

11pm

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭dobman88

NIMAN wrote: »
    What was JBJ's voice like?

Had heard recently it was awful.

Voice is gone. Didnt even attempt a single high note and sang in pretty much the same key all night. Had heard hes lost a bit of it in recent years but didn't expect it to be that bad. It'll probably go down as the worst concert I've been to so far tbh.

Sound was all fine and crowd interaction was grand too. Just felt what he had isnt there any more which is a pity.

Manics tried to play sweet child of mine for some reason and absolutely butchered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭lizzylad84

Loved the manics set. Jon's voice was a bit weak in places. Somewhat disappointed that they didn't do always or bed of roses

• Registered Users Posts: 8,989 ✭✭✭893bet

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Loved the manics set. Jon's voice was a bit weak in places. Somewhat disappointed that they didn't do always or bed of roses

Aye. Thought it particularly weak for these days.

It’s too be expected! They still put on a pretty good show over all!

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭colmufc

The maniacs were great someone said they butchered sweet child omine but that could not be further from the truth they were note perfect
    There roadie was goif to get his ass kicked after the show as James had the wrong guitar for a design for life up to the solo when the roadie appeared and James looked like he was fit to kill him but they rocked and won over a few of the people I was with who thought they didn't know them but knew quite a few of the songs

Bon Jovi were great always a tight knit group
    Ya Jon's voice is nowhere near his previous levels ,the crowd around us (directly centre of stage about 8rows back in golden circle) were weird ,that was my 5th Jovi show and it was easily the worst crowd
    None of them seemed to interact or singalong for lay your hands on me but weirdly the all knew captain crash and the beauty queen from Mars
    I didn't even notice it at the time but it was pointed out to me that Jon didn't introduce the band at all which is strange , also the ramp at the front was pointless as Jon came down in once and the 2 lead guitars came down 1 each in the same song
    Jon's clearly not as active on stage anymore but they still put on a good show

As for parking someone asked ,pembroke fc are not too far of a walk and pembroke hockey club is closer but probably a bit harder to get away from with the crowd just walking all over the roads
    Anyway enjoy the 2nd show folks looks like I wont be making it

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Alicano

Really enjoyed it. And better than when I last saw them in Croke Park sound wise and atmosphere wise. Forgot how many big hits they have! And songs that are made for outdoor stadiums. Good set list. Jon's voice is shot though. I wouldn't be a hardcore fan to know when it happened. But 36yrs of singing at a mad register is naturally gonna hurt. He's relying on little tricks and breathing tech and the top notes are a thing of the past. But he is still Jon Bon.. Really enjoyable.:)
    Side note criticisms. No bins anywhere on pitch level. I walked over to a steward with my few bits and asked where the bin was. He pointed at the ground and said to drop it. I laughed at him. He said they can't have bins in case people throw them??:rolleyes: I walked over to one of those rockshore groups and they had black bags on them. Job done. Unbelievable amount of rubbish on the ground. Some job for the cleaners.
    Last rant is how they exited the pitch. Cutting it in half and making back half (us) all squeeze out in one tiny lil corner. Total danger trap and a disgrace from organisers. Exit 8 should have at least been opened to allow some breathing room. Wouldn't get that crap on the continent or in USA. Stadiums and venues emptied safely and quickly.. Sorry for the lil rant. Just have a real thing for safety and logistics. Hope everyone had a blast.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭Inviere

dobman88 wrote: »
    Voice is gone. Didnt even attempt a single high note and sang in pretty much the same key all night. Had heard hes lost a bit of it in recent years but didn't expect it to be that bad.

All the recent videos, including their induction into the HoF, show Jons voice to be all but shot. It's to be expected, but such a shame at the same time, he had an amazing voice. It's sad to see him attempt to sing something that used to be so effortless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭roadmaster

Great gig first time I was in the rds where the sound was excellent. Phil X was great on the guitar but without doubt they are missing sambora just for his vocals alone. JBJ needs to take time off and sort his voice out or it will be gone forever. The amount of people wasted was particularly mental especially around us at the back but overall like I said it was a great night for rock music as I left with my ears ringing

Advertisement