Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two accounts in the same household

Options
  • 30-10-2018 12:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭

Hi,

This may be a dumb question, but my daughter is now of an age where she wants to sign up with her own account, own email etc.

Is the the fact that she will be logging in from the same house (IP address) etc going to be a problem ? - I don't want my account to be compromised, so thought best to ask before.

Ta

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

It shouldn't be a problem normally.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Hi,

This may be a dumb question, but my daughter is now of an age where she wants to sign up with her own account, own email etc.

Is the the fact that she will be logging in from the same house (IP address) etc going to be a problem ? - I don't want my account to be compromised, so thought best to ask before.

Ta
    Don't read too much into what you may see in the Prison forum. We are not going to ban simply because of a shared IP address. There's always something extra to go on.

Similarly there are many common IPs that posters c an share, via mobile,work or public wifi but again we are not going to ban just on that. Indeed even if we suspect someone is running two accounts, unless we see something of concern, we may just drop a PM to ask a user to stick to one account

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

I haven't approved your last post as there seems to be a name in it. Is that just a typo or should I remove it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Spear wrote: »
    I haven't approved your last post as there seems to be a name in it. Is that just a typo or should I remove it?

Predictive text changed a word, certainly wasn't a name so feel free just remove the reply. I'm sorted anyways

Cheers

Advertisement