If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you also do repairs?

Options
  • 30-10-2018 12:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi,

I friend of mine bought a 5.1 setup from you guys over 12 years ago. I am using it for the last 5 years, and was very happy with it. A few weeks ago the sub stopped working, (it produces a constant buzzing noise as soon as I turn it on, with nothing but the power cord connected, the volume is constant). Not sure if it's a coincedance, but the Tuner also stopped working - it turns on, but if I connect the speakers there is no sound.
    The sub is a JBL SUB 175, the tuner is a Marantz SR4200/N1B. Can I bring them over so you can have a look?

If you don't do repairs, I'm looking for a 2.1 setup, casual user, would use it for watching DVDs a few times a year, would hook up the Sky+ and the Amazon Fire TV box as well. Budget is under 400 euros.

thanks
    trurl

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,278 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

trurl wrote: »
    Hi,

I friend of mine bought a 5.1 setup from you guys over 12 years ago. I am using it for the last 5 years, and was very happy with it. A few weeks ago the sub stopped working, (it produces a constant buzzing noise as soon as I turn it on, with nothing but the power cord connected, the volume is constant). Not sure if it's a coincedance, but the Tuner also stopped working - it turns on, but if I connect the speakers there is no sound.
    The sub is a JBL SUB 175, the tuner is a Marantz SR4200/N1B. Can I bring them over so you can have a look?

If you don't do repairs, I'm looking for a 2.1 setup, casual user, would use it for watching DVDs a few times a year, would hook up the Sky+ and the Amazon Fire TV box as well. Budget is under 400 euros.

thanks
    trurl
    Hi Trurl.

Sorry to hear you are having issues. 

We don't do repairs here on site as all repairs are done by the manufacturer. There is a £50 estimate fee to be paid and then we would send the item off for an estimate for the repair.
    The manufacturer would then come back with a cost to fix the unit. 
    If you agreed on the repair the £50 would come off the total bill.
    If the repair is turned down you would lose the £50 but get your unit back.

Although I'm not sure if the JBL sub would have been purchased from ourselves.

You could replace you receiver and sub and use two the 5 speakers you already have and still keep the 5.1 setup or drop out 3 of your speakers for the 2.1

If you wanted to stick with Marantz then they have their NR1508 priced at £249 or 299 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13073-marantz-nr1508-silver-marantz-av-receiver.aspx 

You could pair this with the like of the Elac S10 priced at £149 or 179 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203113-elac-debut-s10-subwoofer.aspx

This would come in a little over budget at £398 or 478 Euro

If you drop the receiver to the Denon AVRX540Bt at £179 or 199 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203341-denon-avrx250bt-bluetooth-av-receiver.aspx

And still went with the Elac it would come to £328 or 378 Euro delivered.

We can also offer our 6 year super care on these items at 10% of retail price.
    NR1508 - £24.90 or 29.90 Euro.
    AVRX540BT - £17.90 or 19.90 Euro.
    Elac S10 - £14.90 or 17.90 Euro.

This would cover the products for 6 years.
    The amount can also be refunded if the cover is never used.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/t-six-year.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

You can choose to pay in which ever currency would work out cheapest for yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭trurl

Thanks Kenny for the quick response.

I'll try to test the tuner somewhere before I get a replacement, but going to pop over before Christmas for the subwoofer (and probably for some cables and connectors/plugs) for sure.

• Company Representative Posts: 4,458 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

trurl wrote: »
    Thanks Kenny for the quick response.

I'll try to test the tuner somewhere before I get a replacement, but going to pop over before Christmas for the subwoofer (and probably for some cables and connectors/plugs) for sure.
    No problem, keep us posted!

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.