Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 12.0.01 affecting camera focus on iphone7?

Options
  • 30-10-2018 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭

Since the release of 12.0.1 - has anyone noticed any issues with photos on their iphone 7?
    On normal photo mode the middle is really sharp but everywhere else is completely blurry, never used to be like this.

Very problematic when taking photos of text (eg Rotas).

My phone hasn't been dropped, the lens is clean and this only seemed to start happening since Oct 13/14th, before then all photos on my phone were fine with everything in focus - as it should be.

The guy in the eir shop suggested that the latest iOS update might have modified the camera's setting to be more arty, which apparently is all the rage now - sharp middle with the background blurred out. This is fine for phones with two lenses such as the iphone 8 and newer, but not so good for the iphone 7 which only has one lens.
    Has anyone any opinions/ suggestions on this or what I can do?

I took my phone into the Apple store in Dublin, he checked all the camera settings were in order, took a few photos of text and he said he'd never seen anything like it and couldn't advise me any further.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭rizzee

No problems with mine here. 12.0.1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,277 ✭✭✭MB Lacey

Well that in a way is good to know.
    I wonder if it is some glitch with the AE/AF function, wherever I move the AE/AF square the image goes into focus and makes everything else blurry - so it's like the AE/AF function is always on.
    I am doing a factory reset now.

I know what you mean - hopefully the reset will sort it out!! Fingers crossed.

Thanks - it didn't work. I'll take it back to the Apple store and ask them for new lens.

Yeah definitely do. Is it under warranty? Pain in the hole!

• Advertisement

There's a 12.1 update just available, maybe try that?

Thanks rizzee, I just installed the update but no luck.
    I think the camera lens must be off centre, I have tried a bit of knocking a kneading around the lens (you tube tips), but still no change.

rizzee wrote: »
    Yeah definitely do. Is it under warranty? Pain in the hole!

No I bought it PAYG from Dublin airport Dec 2016

Pity it's out of warranty, I had a camera issue on old 6S and they replaced with a new phone even though it was 2nd hand. Anyway I sold my 7 today :D Hope you get it sorted!

Advertisement