Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anywhere in Dublin that can repair runners like Asics

Options
  • 30-10-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello,

The tops of my runners where the toe are have begun to wear down and make holes in the fabric. The rest of the shoe is absolutely perfect so I'd be reluctant to buy a completely new pair of Asics just because the tips of the shoes have small holes in the fabric.

Is there anywhere in Dublin city that might repair them? Such as some cobblers or clothes repair stores?

Thanks,
    Mark

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

Bryans Master Cobbler maybe? Just at the Ha'penny Bridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭dragonfly!

murf91 wrote: »
    Hello,

The tops of my runners where the toe are have begun to wear down and make holes in the fabric. The rest of the shoe is absolutely perfect so I'd be reluctant to buy a completely new pair of Asics just because the tips of the shoes have small holes in the fabric.

Is there anywhere in Dublin city that might repair them? Such as some cobblers or clothes repair stores?

Thanks,
    Mark

Sorry I dont actually know but I have the exact same problem with Asics and New Balance :(

• Registered Users Posts: 27,163 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

I dont see how they can repair this to be honest.

I stick a strip of heavy duty duct-tape on the inside of all new shoes to stop this happening....stupid sticky up toes! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,948 ✭✭✭✭listermint

why not buy some mesh fabric from ebay or similar and just glue it to the holes.

if the shoes are that special to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

There ya go, a bit of Duct tape.. Sure unless you looked really close you'd never know the difference :D

464990.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,317 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

There ya go, a bit of Duct tape.. Sure unless you looked really close you'd never know the difference :D

Bit of silver spray paint for the rest, be grand

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,057 ✭✭✭.......

If its just function you are after then glue a bit of felt or duct tape the insides over the area where the hole develops.

Neither will fix the cosmetics of the existing holes but will give some buffer to prevent it worsening.

Advertisement