Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

digital detox - dumbphone options

Options
  • 30-10-2018 2:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭

so i need to switch off from my phone. genuinely say its beoming a problem.

With this in mid i'm thinking of switching to a dumb phone. like a classic nokia.

i've heard mixed reviews online that the phones are actually worse than the first time around. anyone done something similar and any thoughts or advice on which phone to go for.

Cheers

Eoin

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Have you thought about locking the apps down, using time limits like Apple introduced in iOS 12?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Standman

It depends what you want out of the phone. Do you still want to use WhatsApp and do some light internet browsing? Or are you happy with just using it for basic calls and texts?

If the latter, I don't think you really need to put much thought into it. Go to a phone shop and try a few of the display models, if you like the keypad and it's not too flimsy then go for it. The new Nokia 3310 should be grand (or maybe you'd prefer one with a qwerty keypad, I know I would).

If the former, it gets a bit trickier. Most dumbphones don't support WhatsApp, and those that do aren't reviewed well. In this case something like the Nokia Asha 210 might suit: https://www.phonearena.com/reviews/Nokia-Asha-210-Dual-SIM-Review_id3364

Advertisement