Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lunch Suggestions - Aungier Street

Options
  • 30-10-2018 2:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 48

Hi All,

Graduating this weekend, any nice lunch suggestions in this area?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

A nice family lunch? How about Sophie's in The Dean Hotel on Harcourt Street?

https://sophies.ie/

Or Iveagh Garden Hotel on the same street?

https://iveaghgardenhotel.ie/elles/

You also have Monto or Delahunt on Camden Street.

Closer to the college you have Whitefriar Grill

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Camden Kitchen does great food too, of those previously mentioned Delahunt is great.

Whitefriar Grill as mentioned above. Yum!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,721 ✭✭✭SlipperyPeople

I'd recommend Coppinger Row as one of the best places close by.

Specials are always amazing.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

Whitefriar Grill as mentioned above. Yum!

Beware if you've any allergies. Recently ordered a dish that made no reference to cheese and had no need for cheese and when it arrived it was covered in melted cheese which would have made me very ill

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

What was the dish and how did they handle your complaint?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Caranica wrote: »
    Beware if you've any allergies. Recently ordered a dish that made no reference to cheese and had no need for cheese and when it arrived it was covered in melted cheese which would have made me very ill

If it was covered with cheese, presumably the cheese was visible, which then begs the question 'why did you eat it?'

• Registered Users Posts: 10,119 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

If it was covered with cheese, presumably the cheese was visible, which then begs the question 'why did you eat it?'

I didn't eat it as I spotted the cheese after putting my fork into the dish, which had a crumble type topping of sweet potato. The colour disguised the cheese and there was no mention of cheese at all on the menu description. They did replace the dish but no apology.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Pickle is the spot

Advertisement