Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 9 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Game in Miami.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,044 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Brutal interception from Darnold to end the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Is it just me or are there a lot more awful teams than usual this year. A team as bad as the bills would normally be in the bottom two in the league but between the raiders, 9ers, browns, Jets, Cardinals, Lions, giants...there's a lot of competition for draft picks this year

between brownies and raiders for the number 1 pick in my opinion , brown's are a mess and probably wont win again for the season
    Oh the raiders have the first pick sewn up from what I've seen. But I don't remember a year when there were so many obviously awful teams in the league at the same time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Seven poor enough games in the early window.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Ravens need to blow it up.

Not much point in being a game or two away from the playoffs every year.

Flacco has been alright this year to be fair but next season is a great opportunity to cut and move on given the cap hit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

KrustyUCC wrote: »

he threw a few bad one's alright but there is a bigger picture here to highlight the jets bad run not just this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Seven poor enough games in the early window.
    Yeah pretty dull but it all looked fairly boring on paper as well. That saints Rams game and the Patriots Packers later are both good enough to make up for it. Although the pats should win pulling up really.

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Game in Miami.

yep game in miami , a win for osweiler despite offering nothing offensive in the 2nd half , ryan tannehill has nothing to worry about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Saw 3 of the picks, and they were all brutal.
    Tight game, 4 INTs by the QB.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Huge series of AFC North games for the Steelers to win. Tough enough primetime schedule to come and short week, so huge to take control of the division with wins in Cincinatti and Baltimore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Ravens go 4-5 and are 44-45 since their Super Bowl win

Jason LaConfora who would be well known and a Baltimore native was in the media last week advocating to clean house, trade some of the veterans and their big deals and purge the cap. Full rebuild mode. I don’t disagree.

I miss Gary Kukiak :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Just reached half way point in the season. Week 1 doesn't seem that long ago at all :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Although the pats should win pulling up really.
    Really?
    The Pats D is not good. Rodgers should have a good night, so it should be close.
    Only 2nd time Brady and Rodgers square off. Pity it’s been so rare, and both teams aren’t closer to their prime (last game was really good).

For the Ravens, they need a change a head coach, esp if they are going to move on from Flacco. Only lost by 7pts, but the Steelers controlled that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

There were talks this week as well of Harbaugh being in the hot seat, which I think would be a classic case of throwing the baby out with the bathwater.
    He'd have no trouble getting another job anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,638 ✭✭✭phatkev

Saw 3 of the picks, and they were all brutal.
    Tight game, 4 INTs by the QB.

And yet Darnold is the least of the Jets problems

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Saints just love going for 4th downs. That was some conversion

Looks like whoever has the ball last will win this Saints/Rams game!

This is some 1st quarter between saints and rams.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Living up to its billing anyway

• Advertisement

excellent game so far has almost a play off feel about it

Harbaugh isn’t a bad coach obviously, and he’ll get a job somewhere else as soon as he wants one and I’d wager on him being a success, but after a significant period of time at a team, a coach’s message eventually becomes stale.

Ravens were probably at that stage a couple of years ago in all honesty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Hekker at it again.

I thought he got that.

Very close all the same.

Looks like just short.

Serious balls.

Surprised that wasn’t overturned to be honest. Let off for the saints to not concede after the turnover

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭VonZan

Paully D wrote: »
    Harbaugh isn’t a bad coach obviously, and he’ll get a job somewhere else as soon as he wants one and I’d wager on him being a success, but after a significant period of time at a team, a coach’s message eventually becomes stale.

Ravens were probably at that stage a couple of years ago in all honesty.

I've seen a lot of Ravens fans blame Newsome for the situation that they're in. With a new GM and QB in waiting I think it may be a good time for a change for both parties. Maybe his message has gone stale but you have to think he'd get a job pretty quickly maybe even in the same division!

VonZan wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of Ravens fans blame Newsome for the situation that they're in. With a new GM and QB in waiting I think it may be a good time for a change for both parties. Maybe his message has gone stale but you have to think he'd get a job pretty quickly maybe even in the same division!

He’d actually be ideal for what the Browns need at this moment in time, IMO.

I love when icing the kicker comes back to bite you.

I love when icing the kicker comes back to bite you.
    Same
    Hate that tactic

Saints offense is on fire. Brees is just ridiculous and Alvin Camera is a serious player.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭coco0981

That's a crucial turnover. If Saints score again it'll be close to being over

Saints are looking the real deal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Big Pussy Bonpensiero

That non-reversal on the 4th down attempt is really costing the Rams. The Saints have been absolutely red-hot on offense though. Still wouldn't put it past the Rams coming back though.

Saints are looking the real deal

They really are.

Why wasn't a flag thrown for Littleton's helmet-to-helmet on Line?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Real test for the Rams. They've brought in a number of guys with character questions so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with their first bit of real adversity this season.

i imagine if both teams meet again down the road in the play offs todd gurley would see a lot more of the ball , the rams have rushed for just 11 yards at half time for them that's not good

That TD from Brown was amazing

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Real test for the Rams. They've brought in a number of guys with character questions so it'll be interesting to see how they deal with their first bit of real adversity this season.

Seem to be dealing with it quite well.

Great 2nd half from them so far. Brees and co haven’t done a thing this half.

That TD from Brown was amazing

i still think the best TD of the night was Brees's low underneath pass to the chest of benji watson for the saints 3rd touch down ,

rams starting to flex the muscles now super game

Early games were a bit crap but these 3 are great.

• Advertisement

Gronk not playing tonight.

i still think the best TD of the night was Brees's low underneath pass to the chest of benji watson for the saints 3rd touch down ,

rams starting to flex the muscles now super game

That was a serious TD.

Brown's was pure individual brilliance.

Some finishes here.

Even that FG was a beaut

Seem to be dealing with it quite well.

Great 2nd half from them so far. Brees and co haven’t done a thing this half.

And just like that, it’s a 2 score game again!

WOW!

Thomas hid a phone under the goal posts for a TD celebration...... seen it all now.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1059239673665646592?s=19

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,795 Mod ✭✭✭✭Say Your Number

A penalty for taking out a phone during a celebration, Christ they are no craic at all.

In fairness it was douchey. Deserve the penalty and look where the Rams are as a result.

• Advertisement

Thomas hid a phone under the goal posts for a TD celebration...... seen it all now.

https://twitter.com/NFL_Memes/status/1059239673665646592?s=19

TO did that years ago.

Advertisement