Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 9 Thread

124»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,119 ✭✭✭windy shepard henderson

A penalty for taking out a phone during a celebration, Christ they are no craic at all.

excellent :D:D:D:D:D:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

Williams was outstanding for both downs there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,296 ✭✭✭coco0981

1972 Dolphins get to pop their yearly bottle of Champagne again

That was a pleaseure to stay up for.

Here's to the next one being a belter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

coco0981 wrote: »
    1972 Dolphins get to pop their yearly bottle of Champagne again

46 years of Champagne now. Csonka, morris and the other pensioners can relax for another year in south Florida.

excellent stuff , the next one wont be as good because every time i look at the clock from now on i am 1 hour closer to work and 8 am :( will do my best to see it out should be great

excellent stuff , the next one wont be as good because every time i look at the clock from now on i am 1 hour closer to work and 8 am :( will do my best to see it out should be great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Very enjoyable day of football. Delighted for the Saints tonight, was keeping an eye on the Chargers at Seahawks too.
    Earlier I watched Buccs @ Panthers which was another high scoring game. We seen Fitzawful and Fitzmagic in that game.
    Looking forward to the Patriots vs Green Bay game. Gronk being missing is a big loss, we need a big night from Edelman and Gordon. I'm expecting a high scoring game.

I'm in a similar position but this is almost a once in a lifetime match up so I think I can take the day with some coffee and a sneaky jacks nap around 11. :)

• Advertisement

this game could be just as high scoring as the last neither side has a good defence , especially after the packers trading safety clinton dix last week

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

Needed 10 points from James White to win my fantasy lineup...that was quick

So it looks like the Patriots found the perfect position for Cordarrelle Patterson. Who'd have ever thought he'd be a great running back. 5 rushes foe 51 yards and a td in five minutes.

It's amazing, the game looks like it's been really tough and low scoring but we have 27 points and Rodgers has two minutes to try and put another score on the board.

17-10 Patriots at the half with Green Bay getting the ball to start the second half. It's hard to figure out which way it will go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,369 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

If it wasn't the Packers I might be able to feel sorry for Rodgers. He has to play with some dumb players and for some bad coaches. They're a bad team being carried by one player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Pat's made hard work of that win. Defense was really good took away Rodgers options repeatedly. Brady and the offense looked like crap for most of the game, going to have to be a lot better if they want to go deep this year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Pat's made hard work of that win. Defense was really good took away Rodgers options repeatedly. Brady and the offense looked like crap for most of the game, going to have to be a lot better if they want to go deep this year.
    No Gronk or Michel tonight. Theme of the offense has been missing options at times, but still getting it done, esp after the two early losses.

Harsh roughing the kicker call completely turned the game on its head. GB had finally gotten some sort of mojo back. Fell asleep with 8 left in the 3rd.

Irritating to wake up to that scoreline after watching what I did.

Looking at Rodgers with that team is like watching Joe Thomas with the Browns.

Harsh roughing the kicker call completely turned the game on its head. GB had finally gotten some sort of mojo back. Fell asleep with 8 left in the 3rd.

Irritating to wake up to that scoreline after watching what I did.

Looking at Rodgers with that team is like watching Joe Thomas with the Browns.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Jolly Red Giant

At the end of the first half in the Broncos V Texans game Vance Joseph attempts to rush the FG unit onto the field for a 62 yard attempt. Instead of calling a TO the unit have 8 seconds to get the kick off - which misses wide. This gives the Texans excellent field position and they get into field goal range for a kick - Joseph calls a TO just as the kicker strikes the ball and sends it wide - the kicker makes the retaken field goal. As Bill O'Brien runs off the field he is videoed saying 'Well done Vance, you dumb f*ck' (and never a truer word has he spoken).

Joseph made several other stupid mistakes during the game - including calling a time out when there was an injury time out on the field - the refs offered to give him the time out back but he refused because it saved a few seconds on the clock. At the end of the game Joseph makes no attempt to get closer for an easier field goal - from 1st down runs two short yardage plays with 45 seconds left and McManus misses a 50 yarder to give the Texans the game.

At the end of the first half in the Broncos V Texans game Vance Joseph attempts to rush the FG unit onto the field for a 62 yard attempt. Instead of calling a TO the unit have 8 seconds to get the kick off - which misses wide. This gives the Texans excellent field position and they get into field goal range for a kick - Joseph calls a TO just as the kicker strikes the ball and sends it wide - the kicker makes the retaken field goal. As Bill O'Brien runs off the field he is videoed saying 'Well done Vance, you dumb f*ck' (and never a truer word has he spoken).

Joseph made several other stupid mistakes during the game - including calling a time out when there was an injury time out on the field - the refs offered to give him the time out back but he refused because it saved a few seconds on the clock. At the end of the game Joseph makes no attempt to get closer for an easier field goal - from 1st down runs two short yardage plays with 45 seconds left and McManus misses a 50 yarder to give the Texans the game.

Which is why I didn't watch it at all. We're a laughing stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

Was there any further explanation on the ejection for Jermaine Whitehead? It was just a hand slap. Did he say something to the officials after the call?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Bit hypocritical of O’Brien seeing as he then went on and called a timeout when Broncos were lining up to kick at the end of the game. ‘Icing the kicker’ must be one of the stupidest things in football. I get way more joy than I should when it turns out badly for a coach.

The Seahawks have released their kicker which after the bad day he had yesterday and this season isn't surprising.

, s
    Foxtrol wrote: »
    Bit hypocritical of O’Brien seeing as he then went on and called a timeout when Broncos were lining up to kick at the end of the game. ‘Icing the kicker’ must be one of the stupidest things in football. I get way more joy than I should when it turns out badly for a coach.

The issue was that Joseph didn't use the time out to give the kicking unit time to set up and kick the FG. It was a 62 yd FG and Joseph expected them to get the kick off in 8 seconds. Not calling a TO was a daft decision and resulted in a potential 6 point swing in a game that was so close. The problem was compounded when he called the TO as the kicker missed the FG and then was successful with the second one.

The Broncos were the better team last night - and Keenum actually played well - they lost because of the utter ineptitude of Vance Joseph. He made at least a half a dozens basic coaching errors last night and the Broncos players and fans paid the price.

Demaryius Thomas was asked about it after the game and basically said that the players have come to accept this ineptitude as the norm (and said it was no longer an issue for him). Chris Harris said 'we can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot' - and by 'we' he meant the coaches, specifically Vance Joseph. He has turned out to be one one of the most inept HCs in a long, long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

, s

The issue was that Joseph didn't use the time out to give the kicking unit time to set up and kick the FG. It was a 62 yd FG and Joseph expected them to get the kick off in 8 seconds. Not calling a TO was a daft decision and resulted in a potential 6 point swing in a game that was so close. The problem was compounded when he called the TO as the kicker missed the FG and then was successful with the second one.

The Broncos were the better team last night - and Keenum actually played well - they lost because of the utter ineptitude of Vance Joseph. He made at least a half a dozens basic coaching errors last night and the Broncos players and fans paid the price.

Demaryius Thomas was asked about it after the game and basically said that the players have come to accept this ineptitude as the norm (and said it was no longer an issue for him). Chris Harris said 'we can't keep shooting ourselves in the foot' - and by 'we' he meant the coaches, specifically Vance Joseph. He has turned out to be one one of the most inept HCs in a long, long time.

My comment was related to O’Brien being nearly as stupid himself, not disagreeing with you on Joseph.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    My comment was related to O’Brien being nearly as stupid himself, not disagreeing with you on Joseph.

I have to be careful with the term I use to describe O'Brien - I was given a warning for not being civil on a different thread a few days ago - but you are absolutely correct - O'Brien is a different kind of stupid.

Seabass hasn't been the same since his back injury last year.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,666 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

PRetty solid win last night, going to be tough to catch the Texans though

Mariota was great last night.

That 3rd Titans TD was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭conor222

So 9-4 on the week bringing me to 85-49.
    conor222 wrote: »
    I am 76-45 coming in this week. Picking a lot of road teams this week which doesn't normally bode well but well see

Raiders @ 49ers
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Bears @ Bills
    Panthers
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Lions @ Vikings
    Falcons @ Redskins
    Texans @ Broncos
    Chargers @ Seahawks
    Rams @ Saints
    Packers @ Patriots
    Titans @ Cowboys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,183 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

paulie21 wrote: »
    79-42

Raiders @ 49ers
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Bears @ Bills
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Lions @ Vikings
    Falcons @ Redskins
    Texans @ Broncos
    Chargers @ Seahawks
    Rams @ Saints
    Packers @ Patriots
    Titans @ Cowboys

10-3 takes me to 89-45

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,760 ✭✭✭peejay1986

Mariota was great last night.

That 3rd Titans TD was lovely.

After a shaky first quarter I thought he'd be mentally gone, but fair play to him because he really got his head together and put in a great performance from there on. Although how he missed a wide open Davis in the endzone still baffles me.

The Cowboys are in a tough place here. Garrett for my money should be gone. Incredibly stale play calls that are doing no one any good.

I don't think Dak is the answer either but I'd like to see him with another head coach before writing him off completely. Very little time to see that though before he's due to be paid.

You could hear the frustration in Witten's voice grow as they kept blindly running on first down every time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,977 ✭✭✭TheDoctor

TheDoctor wrote: »
    49ers (picked earlier in the thread)
    Ravens
    Bears
    Panthers
    Chiefs
    Dolphins
    Vikings
    Redskins
    Texans
    Seahawks
    Rams
    Patriots
    Cowboys

8-5 for the week

83-51 for the season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭D9Male

D9Male wrote: »
    74-47 entering the week,

Raiders @ 49ers
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Bears @ Bills
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Lions @ Vikings
    Falcons @ Redskins
    Texans @ Broncos
    Chargers @ Seahawks
    Rams @ Saints
    Packers @ Patriots
    Titans @ Cowboys

11-2 on the week, which takes me to 85-49 overall.

77-44

Raiders @ 49ers x
    Steelers @ Ravens o
    Bears @ Bills o
    Buccaneers @ Panthers o
    Chiefs @ Browns o
    Jets @ Dolphins o
    Lions @ Vikings o
    Falcons @ Redskins o
    Texans @ Broncos o
    Chargers @ Seahawks x
    Rams @ Saints o
    Packers @ Patriots x
    Titans @ Cowboys o

10-3 on the week takes me to 87-47

peejay1986 wrote: »
    After a shaky first quarter I thought he'd be mentally gone, but fair play to him because he really got his head together and put in a great performance from there on. Although how he missed a wide open Davis in the endzone still baffles me.

The Cowboys are in a tough place here. Garrett for my money should be gone. Incredibly stale play calls that are doing no one any good.

I don't think Dak is the answer either but I'd like to see him with another head coach before writing him off completely. Very little time to see that though before he's due to be paid.

You could hear the frustration in Witten's voice grow as they kept blindly running on first down every time.

Absolutely on the money with all of this.

Garret like McCarthy in GB blows my mind that he still has a job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 182 ✭✭thebeerbaron

76-45
    Raiders @ 49ers
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Bears @ Bills
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Lions @ Vikings
    Falcons @ Redskins
    Texans @ Broncos
    Chargers @ Seahawks
    Rams @ Saints
    Packers @ Patriots
    Titans @ Cowboys
    86-48

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭Paleface

Paleface wrote: »
    82 - 39 overall

Raiders @ 49ers
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Bears @ Bills
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Lions @ Vikings
    Falcons @ Redskins
    Texans @ Broncos
    Chargers @ Seahawks
    Rams @ Saints
    Packers @ Patriots
    Titans @ Cowboys

10 - 3 for the week

92 - 42 overall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

72-49

Raiders @ 49ers
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Bears @ Bills
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Lions @ Vikings
    Falcons @ Redskins
    Texans @ Broncos
    Chargers @ Seahawks
    Rams @ Saints
    Packers @ Patriots
    Titans @ Cowboys
    10-3
    82-52

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    72-49 for the season

Raiders @ 49ers
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Bears @ Bills
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Lions @ Vikings
    Falcons @ Redskins
    Texans @ Broncos
    Chargers @ Seahawks
    Rams @ Saints
    Packers @ Patriots
    Titans @ Cowboys
    9-4 this week so now 81-53 on the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Convinced now that Garret has something on Jerry Jones, how he still has that job is beyond me. A franchise as big as that drifting along year after year with what appears no ambition to win is shocking... something is rotten at the cowboys & theres no sign of it being addressed anytime soon.
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

DvB wrote: »
    Convinced now that Garret has something on Jerry Jones, how he still has that job is beyond me. A franchise as big as that drifting along year after year with what appears no ambition to win is shocking... something is rotten at the cowboys & theres no sign of it being addressed anytime soon.

Bad and all as Garret is - I would take him in a heartbeat over Vance Joseph.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,516 ✭✭✭✭DvB

Bad and all as Garret is - I would take him in a heartbeat over Vance Joseph.

Fair point!
    "I will honour Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all the year" - Charles Dickens

Horrendous 8-5 week.

eagle eye wrote: »
    76-45 coming in

Raiders @ 49ers
    Steelers @ Ravens
    Bears @ Bills
    Buccaneers @ Panthers
    Chiefs @ Browns
    Jets @ Dolphins
    Lions @ Vikings
    Falcons @ Redskins