Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef the Professionals 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

Completely O/T, all the tattoos and those bloody spacer ring earrings would put me right off me grub :o

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    I've never eaten one in my life, wouldn't have known that chocolate ice-cream is wrong :confused:

Just seems wrong to me, the cake and meringue are sweet enough, I think you need a plain ice cream with them. I've only had it once, though.

Mixed bunch today.

Definitely agree on the tatoos and ear... things.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

Sean a good candidate to win.

Yes, he's looking really good. Elizabeth seems very good but prone to making mistakes.

I really wanted to taste a lot of those dishes, which isn't always the case with an invention test.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,070 ✭✭✭Franz Von Peppercorn

I’m selling the sous vide machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

The head nodding and frowning is a bit over the top

Oy, Marcus, aren't you going to wash your hands after handling the chicken?

I'd like to see any of them try to get their gobs around that "sandwich" that Marcus made :eek:

FFS!

Other than that, I've been meaning to post for weeks how amazed I am at what you can make and plate up in 15/20 mins (if you're a superspeedy pro chef, obviously :o)

Marcus getting sniffy about how the first guy prepped the chicken is a bit much - he didn't tell them he wanted it laid out all pretty on separate trays (that we saw anyway).

Plus, he's had time to plan what he wants to do and how he's going to do it, the contestants are blindsided by the challenge and have to make it up on the hoof (wing?).

Agree with the poster above that all the face-pulling and appalled grimaces are getting tiresome now.

• Advertisement

Those poxy earrings again.

They make me queasy :mad:

That girl's lamb looks raw :eek:

I'd be sending that back if I got it in a restaurant. Maybe that makes me peasant class, but it ain't for me.

So, one of tomorrow's skills tests looks like fried egg on toast...... a staple of mine.... maybe I should consider applying!

Those poxy earrings again.

They make me queasy :mad:

I was so glad he didn't go through. I couldn't bear to look at him. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Jesus, the skills tests are some bollix. Chicken sandwiches yesterday and broccoli 3 ways tonight

Fair enough that judges want to see rudimentary techniques but their imagination is lacking

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Always get the feeling Marcus takes an instant dislike to someone and it doesn't matter what they do in the skills test

I'm repeating myself here but....

Mother of God, how much butter does Marcus fry that egg in??? :eek:

And again, with the broccoli skills test, springing it on them cold is very unfair, they have to think up things to do in the (short) time they're given for cooking. At least the haddock dish there's only one way of doing it (well, two I suppose - right and arseways, I'm just about to see which they manage :D Polonaise sauce ffs? :rolleyes:)

If he's never heard of a Polonaise sauce, and you don't tell him it involves butter, pulling him up on using oil instead of butter is just grossly unfair.

God, I'm getting sick of these skills tests, they're flipping ridiculous :mad:

ETA - and that's not a bloody sauce, sauces should pour (in my book anyway)

Jeepers, Gavin looks like he came straight from the All Black's lineout :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Jeepers, Gavin looks like he came straight from the All Black's lineout :eek:

Himself and Monica could probably murder an oul Haka alright...

• Advertisement

Why do I have an ominous feeling that Gavin is heading for an almighty crash-landing......

ETA - I stand corrected!

God, that royalty chef fella (Dean?) is absolutely clinical, borderline OCD I'd say!

Bullish about his own ability, but sounds like with good reason.

I get the distinct impression that Marcus decided in advance that he wasn't going to like a red wine lamb sauce, and by God he wasn't going to go back on that.

Ooh, Dean's in trouble. Didn't expect that.

Disaster for Gavin too, that could rescue Dean.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,564 ✭✭✭ILikeBoats

Dean is like a robot. His vanilla dish looked very like his signature yesterday.

I like Gavin, pity

Poor Gavin, that's a shame. It was just a bad day for him.

Just coming towards the end of tonight's show.....

Cannot believe that Dean and Gavin ****ed up so badly! They would have been my two bankers!

Only one going home though....

William, if he gets through, needs to seriously scale back his dishes!

Talk about throwing the kitchen sink at it :eek:

Why does William keep mentioning 64% when talking about his dessert? :confused:

Is that a magic number, or something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭TomOnBoard

Why does William keep mentioning 64% when talking about his dessert? :confused:

Is that a magic number, or something?

The particular chocolate he is using?

Advertisement