Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Masterchef the Professionals 2018

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

twill wrote: »
    Today's challenge was brutal - is that the format they usually use?

What was brutal about it? I was surprised at how "normal" the dishes were! Maybe next episode they'll all go bonkers.

Definitely the right two people went home on the day, they had shockers really. I'm sorry to see William gone, he had a really exciting, different look about him.

I'm still thinking Dean or Matthew are looking almost unbeatable. Although, as tonight showed, anyone can have a bad day!

Michael Caines is a Michelin-starred chef with no right arm??? :eek:

Bloody hell!!

Also can't believe that Luke is 25 - I'd have put him as one of the oldest!

I'm utterly fascinated by M Caines being one-armed!

I wonder was he left-handed to start with? I'm left-handed, and if I lost my left hand I'd be next to useless doing anything, never mind cooking up and plating Michelin-standard dishes :eek:

The only thing I've seen him compromise on so far is quinelling the cabbage mixture, other than that he seems to be doing the lot himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,128 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

He's been on MC before as well as Saturday kitchen etc. It's amazing what he can do. I couldn't do even half of that with both arms!

Dovies wrote: »
    He's been on MC before as well as Saturday kitchen etc. It's amazing what he can do.
    I only remember seeing him on the Chef's Table episodes of MC, and I never noticed the (lack of) arm.

I'm just in awe watching this!

• Advertisement

Yikes, who would you pick from these three to send home :eek:

My guess is Oli is the weakest, but who knows on the day?

Tough call between these 3 imo

Jeepers, Oli's dish is a bit out there!

But I might have to take it back about him being the weakest.....

ETA - just got to his dessert..... it's a bit psychedellic!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,720 ✭✭✭4Ad

I thought Dean was lucky tonight..

4Ad wrote: »
    I thought Dean was lucky tonight..
    +1

I was sure he was going, and thought Sean was the better on the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,383 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Finished EP.16 tonight, overall results were fair in that the right two went home. I have to wonder what Sean did, did he eat Greg's dog or something? Wallace seems to really not like him, Monica and Marcus were glowing in their talk of his dishes, but Greg didn't like either. As a result he had to cook again (Oli again getting a favourable decision in being the third person auto-through) and then they leave him til last to tell him he's through? Bull.

It's hard to look past Dean and Matthew - ordinarily I'd include Sean there too, those three are pulling ahead. I don't know why things are turning against Sean, but it's the opposite for Oli, things seem to be bent in his favour.

I've been rooting for Matthew for a while now, but I have a feeling it's set up for Dean. He's slowly turning me around, I started out disliking him but we'll see. Could be like Sven a year or two back where he shat the bed in the final after being nailed on all the way through, that was quite satisfying. Maybe we'll see it again here.

Just finished watching last night's episode.

Hard to tell who "won" that, apart from that Dean didn't!

Ollie seemed to come out on top, but that might be just because he came last.....

Matthew they couldn't seem to find a fault with.

Laurence, nice to see him acknolwedge to the room the fact that the others had bailed him out and basically saved his skin (although they all helped each other in the end, which was also lovely to see, and no less than I'd expect from proper pros)

Tonight be interesting!!

• Registered Users Posts: 587 ✭✭✭twill

Oh-oh, possible shocker coming. Is Matthew going out?

Damn it, I would have bet on him winning.

Hmmmm, Dean seems to be reedeeming himself tonight. Not sure I'm pleased about that, I'm finding myself rooting more and more for Oli, just because he appears to be completely bonkers. In a good way. Uncompromising in his beliefs.

Oh Lordy, what a time for Matthew to produce a dud :(

I'm about 10 mins behind, I'm guessing that he did..... bad timing, Matthew.

All 4 did fish for their memory meal..... I wonder how much of a coincindence that was?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,171 ✭✭✭TheRiverman

You would probably need at least €10 in your pocket going in to Anne-Sophie's restaurant :rolleyes:

I'd love to visit, though, as opposed to some of these 3 star restaurants. Everything looks so tasty.

You would probably need at least €10 in your pocket going in to Anne-Sophie's restaurant :rolleyes:
    I was only wondering earlier would they ever include costings in the judging, or even just give the cost of the dishes. Lobster, crab, caviar etc etc all abound at this stage. I'd love to know!

That French lady just oozes serenity and zen! She's just lovely. I wonder does she ever lose her cool in the kitchen á la Gordon Ramsey???

HeidiHeidi wrote: »

I'm about 10 mins behind, I'm guessing that he did..... bad timing, Matthew.
    Just catching up now.. haven't got to the France bit yet but I don't really care who wins now :(

• Advertisement

Dovies wrote: »
    Just catching up now.. haven't got to the France bit yet but I don't really care who wins now :(

I know, I feel a bit like that too. :(

I'll be happy for Laurence if he wins because he's worked so hard for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,658 ✭✭✭Floppybits

C'mon Oli, if he doesn't win then i hope its Laurence.

All the contestants are lovely again this year. Think it's between Laurence and Dean.

Floppybits wrote: »
    C'mon Oli, if he doesn't win then i hope its Laurence.
    That'd be my order of preference as well.

Went off Dean the last few episodes, he's too intense and cocky or something.

He also looks like the most likely to self-combust with stress and tension!

I would dearly love to see what Matthew might have done for the final dishes.

More so than any other contestant in the past, I think he was wildly unfortunate not to make the final 3.

That'd be my order of preference as well.

Went off Dean the last few episodes, he's too intense and cocky or something.

He also looks like the most likely to self-combust with stress and tension!

Yeah I'm the same, just something about him that I don't like and i can't put my finger on it. Maybe it is that he doesn't try new things like Oli and Laurence.

I like Oli because he seems like a happy character who seems to be enjoying the competition and he isnt afraid to try new things.

Laurence is the same type of character and he isnt afraid to try things as well.

More so than any other contestant in the past, I think he was wildly unfortunate not to make the final 3.

There was Matt Campbell (RIP) from last year. :(

I'm not convinced by Dean's menu.

I would dearly love to see what Matthew might have done for the final dishes.

I was shocked when he went out last night. At one stage i thought it was going to be between Mathew and Dean

As much as I'm rooting for Olli, I'm not sure I'd ever be tempted to visit his restaurant or actually try his food!

But he definitely wins the smiliest chef competition :D

• Advertisement

I love how much Oli is enjoying it all.

Advertisement