Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Offer Under Asking Price

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Josh1975

Thank you for all the replies. So I made 3 offers on the houses. Two never replied so far probably thinking that I am a chancer, one replied saying even though that the house needs around 50k investment, the market value of the house in that area is around 370 so I would be getting a good deal for asking price of 325. There is an offer of 320k on that house and they asked to counter offer and it would be wise to do, because apparently this house will go up to 370k easy in January because banks will be able to lend 4.5 for some people :P

I replied that my final offer is 275k and to call me if the sale falls trough.

Time to look for other properties :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,447 ✭✭✭davindub

Josh1975 wrote: »
    Thank you for all the replies. So I made 3 offers on the houses. Two never replied so far probably thinking that I am a chancer, one replied saying even though that the house needs around 50k investment, the market value of the house in that area is around 370 so I would be getting a good deal for asking price of 325. There is an offer of 320k on that house and they asked to counter offer and it would be wise to do, because apparently this house will go up to 370k easy in January because banks will be able to lend 4.5 for some people :P

I replied that my final offer is 275k and to call me if the sale falls trough.

Time to look for other properties :)

You got to love the weasel logic. If the house were capable of selling for 370 in Jan you can be sure it will be still on the market at that time......

davindub wrote: »
    You got to love the weasel logic. If the house were capable of selling for 370 in Jan you can be sure it will be still on the market at that time......

It is what it is, if they call they call if not I keep grinding :)

riclad wrote: »
    The agent tells the seller what the house is worth,
    the seller is not a builder or a carpenter.
    IF you think it,s gonna cost 80 k to fix it up,
    maybe you could get a surveyor to submit documents and a survey done,
    saying it,ll cost x amount to refurbish the house.
    I can,t see how tenants could cause 80k of damage to a house.
    bad tenants may ruin carpets ,wallpaper, crack plaster ,
    they do,nt normally cause structural damage.
    write to the agent, heres a survey, it,ll cost me x to do repairs.
    My offer is based on this survey.
    I know it,ll cost you 500 euro to do a survey and your offer may be refused .

Not being bad or anything, but in this house floors started rising, all the floors need to be replaced. All 3 toilets damaged to bits. It has built in wardrobes that are damaged to bits, need to take them out. Holes in the walls. Few leaks.

Anyway For me the house is not worth more than 275k and I am sticking to that. No point getting a survey done, if the vendor is not willing to budge. Money down the drain :)

Advertisement