Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sonoff Basic - Flashing

Options
  • 31-10-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I have a few of these and while I thought I was reasonably good with computers and basic programming I have managed to fry two of these already when attempting flashi tasmota.

Would anyone be willing to flash tasmota onto about 8 or 10 of these things for me so I can integrate them with Smartthings? I can pay for this service if that helps? Thanks a mill.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Dr4gul4

Are you flashing them while connected to mains power or something ? Usually even with a failed flash you can just reflash them .

• Registered Users Posts: 685 ✭✭✭davegilly

Dr4gul4 wrote: »
    Are you flashing them while connected to mains power or something ? Usually even with a failed flash you can just reflash them .

No, not connected to anything. I've tried flashing several times and I can't get it to work - I'm obviously doing something wrong. I've decided to give up, I don't have the patience for this!!

I can use them with IFTTT to connect to Smartthings but I'd prefer to have them connected directly for local control.

If anyone can or wants to do it for me will you let me know. Based in the greater Dublin area. Or is there somewhere I can buy them pre flashed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Do you know what version of sonoff they are running? I have put tasmota on a few using wireless but I think will only work on up to version 1.5.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,276 ✭✭✭kenmc

It's fairly simple to do it, the instructions on the tasmota page are very comprehensive. What part of Dublin are you in?

Advertisement