Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pigsback

Options
  • 31-10-2018 1:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Really?
    I have always been a fan of pigsback but lately have been disappointed in the tricky bits in the small print. For example..hotel offers that charge additional supplements for Friday and Saturdays. This is not entirely obvious in the brash advertisement of a good deal so beware when booking.Also when offered a spa credit, you had to spend 75 euro to use it and for a 5 euro dinner credit you had to have a 3 course meal,costing over 30 euro per person .If I could afford to spend 75 euro on a spa or over 30 on dinner,I don't think I would be using pigsback coupons to book a hotel !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69,013 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Hotels don't need the business currently so aren't offering the deals they once did basically. All deals sites are affected.

Almost always the hotel offers better rates direct as they have to pay commission to the deals site

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

While all these riders are disappointing, thery are usually called out in the fine print down at bottom before you purchase. Most deals are rarely a good deal, there’s usually a catch somewhere.

If you can prove they were not available when you purchased, then you should be able to easily request a refund.

As L1011 said, the days of good deals are unfortunately mostly gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭holly8

eire24 wrote: »
    Really?
    I have always been a fan of pigsback but lately have been disappointed in the tricky bits in the small print. For example..hotel offers that charge additional supplements for Friday and Saturdays. This is not entirely obvious in the brash advertisement of a good deal so beware when booking.Also when offered a spa credit, you had to spend 75 euro to use it and for a 5 euro dinner credit you had to have a 3 course meal,costing over 30 euro per person .If I could afford to spend 75 euro on a spa or over 30 on dinner,I don't think I would be using pigsback coupons to book a hotel !

and the now admin charge of 3.75%?

Advertisement