Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eir mobile Coverage down ?

• 31-10-2018 2:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 23

Hi, Is eir mobile coverage down in Kilkenny city ? i cannot make any calls and i need to make a call very shortly.
    Thanks
    M

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 734 ✭✭✭twinsen

miggle wrote: »
    Hi, Is eir mobile coverage down in Kilkenny city ? i cannot make any calls and i need to make a call very shortly.
    Thanks
    M
    We cant make calls in Limerick, or Dublin. Checked with the office in Limerick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23 miggle

Anyone at Eir have any idea when this will be sorted, i have to make an important call very soon .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

miggle wrote: »
    Anyone at Eir have any idea when this will be sorted, i have to make an important call very soon .
    same in Cork, this is not looking good for me staying as this is the 2nd outage in a few weeks since I moved a mobile to eir compared to no outages on previous supplier over years

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

Same here in Dundalk, some people can call from eir but I can't get calls or make them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 154 ✭✭__oc__

Same in Wexford can’t make or receive calls

• Advertisement

I use my phone to open up the gate entrance to the housing estate i live in, if i cant call i cant park my car at home, i also have a customer to call.

• Registered Users Posts: 450 ✭✭rocksolid

same here in North Kilkenny, cant make a call or recieve one, but can text...

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭blacksasha

No Service for me also in Athlone ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭wizardman

Down for me too. Have to look moving provider this is happening quite frequently.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭crusier

No service in galway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Same here , Im in Laois ..... only joined Eir last week in Sept and have had 2 outages so far. Not Good ! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭swanie29

Same here in Dundalk, some people can call from eir but I can't get calls or make them
    I on hold over 30 mins to talk to them on phone joke it is . I think its a point now i feel Eir not upholding there end of contracts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭heroics

Same in Dundrum Dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 291 ✭✭5.11 Tactical

With the DNS issue a few weeks ago and now this, methinks I will have to change provider as I need a reliable service

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭LincolnHawk

Can't make calls either. Based in Dublin. 
    Eir are a complete joke

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

No service at home outside Gorey in North Wexford and also in Glasnevin and Ballymun. 

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 286 ✭✭venomousfrog

Seems in the last 2 mins I can now make and receive calls ! 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Hi everyone

We are aware of an intermittent issue and posted a formal statement here

This is currently affecting Bill pay customers and hope to get this resolved soon. This link will also be updated once the issue has been resolved.

Sincere apologies for any inconvenience

-Kyle

thanks Kyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 779 ✭✭✭bot43

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi everyone

This is currently affecting Bill pay customers and hope to get this resolved soon. This link will also be updated once the issue has been resolved.

-Kyle
    Ar what stage are you in breach of contract. Not looking forward to another 18 months of this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 409 ✭✭pmce4

Hi everyone

-Kyle
    Hi Kyle,
    Will EIR notify us what happened to cause this issue so we can understand why it occurred.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭thedarkroom

Hi everyone

-Kyle

If it’s only affecting bill pay customers then it can’t be a network issue. Who (or what) flicked a switch to disconnect this group?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 KarenOC45

Hi, I signed up to Eir Mobile 2 weeks ago & have problems receiving calls since last week. I am still in my cooling off period so think I may have to go back to my previous provider. Before I do that can someone please let me know if they are still having issues with your signal with Eir?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 798 ✭✭✭eir: Grainne

KarenOC45 wrote: »
    Hi, I signed up to Eir Mobile 2 weeks ago & have problems receiving calls since last week. I am still in my cooling off period so think I may have to go back to my previous provider. Before I do that can someone please let me know if they are still having issues with your signal with Eir?
    Hi Karenoc45, 

Sorry to hear you are having problems receiving calls. 

Could you PM the following details and I can investigate this?
    1. Your Name
    2. Your Address
    3. Your DOB
    4. You are the account holder?
    5. Your Account Number
    6. Your Mobile Number

Is this happening in one location or more than one location? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Hi guys , is there any update on this, i havent been able to send or receive 90% of calls the last few days, sometimes it can take 7-8 trys to finally get it to dial. Im getting text messages of missed calls every day and im having to resort to whatsapp to try call people back. Its not just myself either its work colleges and family too, with a mix of bill pay and pay as you go. Im currently on ready to go.

projectgtr wrote: »
    Hi guys , is there any update on this, i havent been able to send or receive 90% of calls the last few days, sometimes it can take 7-8 trys to finally get it to dial. Im getting text messages of missed calls every day and im having to resort to whatsapp to try call people back. Its not just myself either its work colleges and family too, with a mix of bill pay and pay as you go. Im currently on ready to go.
    Hi projectgtr, 

Sorry to hear you are having issues with calls. 

Could you remove the battery from your phone while switched on (or put the phone to airplane mode if the battery cannot be removed for 2 minutes) then switch the phone back on? 

Does this resolve this? 

If not could you PM your mobile number, PIN, Account Number, Name, Address and DOB. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Hi projectgtr, 

Could you remove the battery from your phone while switched on (or put the phone to airplane mode if the battery cannot be removed for 2 minutes) then switch the phone back on? 

Does this resolve this? 

If not could you PM your mobile number, PIN, Account Number, Name, Address and DOB. 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks for the reply Grainne i have done this and tried alternate devices but it is still happening, i spent some time in dublin the last couple of days and there seemed to be no issue,but it returned when i came home, i have full bars and full access to data in this time. i will pm you my details now

Hi projectgtr, 

Does this resolve this? 

Thanks, 
    Grainne
    Thanks for the reply Grainne i have done this and tried alternate devices but it is still happening, i spent some time in dublin the last couple of days and there seemed to be no issue,but it returned when i came home, i have full bars and full access to data in this time. i will pm you my details now
    Hi projectgtr, 

I have responded to your PM. 

Let me know if that works

Thanks, 
    Grainne

Advertisement