Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New house looking for home broadband

• 31-10-2018 2:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭

I am asking on behalf of my sister.

She has a relatively new house and wants to get home broadband.

Her neighbours have it so no issued about being able to get it.

My question is: for a first ever installation has she no other option but to go to Eir?

Am I correct in assuming this is true as Eir own the infrastructure and you can only shop or switch after being with Eir first?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

IrishHomer wrote: »
    I am asking on behalf of my sister.

She has a relatively new house and wants to get home broadband.

Her neighbours have it so no issued about being able to get it.

My question is: for a first ever installation has she no other option but to go to Eir?

Am I correct in assuming this is true as Eir own the infrastructure and you can only shop or switch after being with Eir first?
    Hi there IrishHomer

Thank you for getting in touch.

Each address is different from another regarding service and availability. If you click here, you can enter the address or number to see if the service is available but for a more accurate look, I would suggest that she calls Sales directly at 1800503303

-Kyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Hi there IrishHomer

Thank you for getting in touch.

Each address is different from another regarding service and availability. If you click here, you can enter the address or number to see if the service is available but for a more accurate look, I would suggest that she calls Sales directly at 1800503303

-Kyle

You never answered my question!

I already know service is available, she was already on the phone to Eir.

My question is: as a first time user is she obliged to use Eir or is she free to shop around?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,169 ✭✭✭✭ED E

No. All RAPS are open to all providers and anyone can order a connection.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,973 ✭✭✭IrishHomer

ED E wrote: »
    No. All RAPS are open to all providers and anyone can order a connection.

Thanks for your input.

Looks like Eir reps don't want to answer so good job you did.

I'lll tell my sister to steer clear of Eir as they don't seem to be open up front and honest.

Advertisement