Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Importing Goods from China for Resale

Options
  • 31-10-2018 3:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi folks,

There seems to be several threads on this subject already, however I am struggling to find the information I'm seeking.

I'm looking to import some bicycle accessories from a Chinese supplier for resale online. So far I've contacted suppliers on Alibaba, found 2 that I am happy with and negotiated a price that I believe I can make profit from. However, in calculating my profits, I've been unsure of the import duty to be applied. The suppliers have provided me with the Tariff Code but when I search online, I am unable to find the corresponding % rate to the code. Is there a website which I can easily find this on?

Also, according to the revenue website, if the value of the goods is less than €150, you are not required to pay any import duty. Is this correct? Also, if this is correct, is it the total value of the shipment, or is it each item? For example I have 100nr of item X with a total value of €100 and 100nr of item Y with a total value of €60 in the one delivery. Do I need to pay import duty on this?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

G

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Send a PM to RUDOLF289 and he will be able to answer your questions, or he will probably see this and reply anyways in the next day or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭RUDOLF289

Hi folks,

There seems to be several threads on this subject already, however I am struggling to find the information I'm seeking.

I'm looking to import some bicycle accessories from a Chinese supplier for resale online. So far I've contacted suppliers on Alibaba, found 2 that I am happy with and negotiated a price that I believe I can make profit from. However, in calculating my profits, I've been unsure of the import duty to be applied. The suppliers have provided me with the Tariff Code but when I search online, I am unable to find the corresponding % rate to the code. Is there a website which I can easily find this on?

Also, according to the revenue website, if the value of the goods is less than €150, you are not required to pay any import duty. Is this correct? Also, if this is correct, is it the total value of the shipment, or is it each item? For example I have 100nr of item X with a total value of €100 and 100nr of item Y with a total value of €60 in the one delivery. Do I need to pay import duty on this?

Any information is greatly appreciated.

G

Good morning.

Bicycles and bicycle parts from China are something of a challenge because of the anti dumping regime imposed by the EU.

If you can post or pm me the tariff nr you were given by the supplier I will be able to confirm the rate of duty and anti dumping duty applicable. There is a "deminimis rule" that allows importation of a maximum of 299 items per month (i.e. 299 items of part a and 299 items of part b etc) without having to pay Anti Dumping Duty. Regular duty would apply. You would need to apply for an "end user" license in order to avail of the "deminimis rule"

The €150 limit you refer to is the total value you are allowed to import free of import duty. Based on the values you indicate you would exceed the € 150 limit and duty (And possibly Anti Dumping Duty) would apply.

Drop me a line and I will confirm the rates that apply.

Cheers,
    Rudolf289

• Registered Users Posts: 40 Galway_2016

Thanks guys.

Damn, I didn't think the anti-dumping would apply. It would really soak up all of my potential profits as I believe it can be up on 50%ish.

I've pm'ed you Rudolf, much appreciated

Advertisement