Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostingpower advertising our room without permission

• 31-10-2018 3:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭

Anyone heard of a company called Hostingpower.ie ?

We sometimes let out a room in our house through the students website USI. this year we decided not to as the house was busy, but i've just come across our room on Daft.ie being advertised by this hostingpower crowd at a rate far higher than we ever charged for it !

Surely they can't just lift images, there must be some regulations against it ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Probably snatching properties to make themselves actually look busy
    Then start harassing you saying we have students looking...hey presto they have another property on their books (for real this time)

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Lolle06

I‘d contact Daft immediately- stealing images, advertising without your authority and to a much higher price sounds like a scam!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,169 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Lolle06 wrote: »
    I‘d contact Daft immediately- stealing images, advertising without your authority and to a much higher price sounds like a scam!

Already done that, I suspect fritzelly may be right as just noticed that they say 'no longer available' but the ad has just been renewed.

Just been onto the consumer protection commission to report it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,580 ✭✭✭✭fritzelly

Lolle06 wrote: »
    advertising a much higher price

Part of the "scam" but insofar as to say look how much we can get you (minus a hefty commission)

Couls be a scam where they get a deposit and pocket it..
    Someday a lost foreigner might turn up on your doorstep, thinking they've rented it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement