Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are these Ikea lights fire-rated

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,595 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

buzz11 wrote: »
    Are these recessed spotlights fire rated?

These units should generate very little heat if installed properly if that answers your question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭dathi

buzz11 wrote: »
    Are these recessed spotlights fire rated?

The listing says "As LED lighting emits low heat, no heat protection box is required."

no heat protection box needed means the led its self will not generate heat to start a fire, it doesnt mean that the spotlight is fire rated , fire rating of down lights is to stop the spread of fire out of the room that they are installed in, these lights have no documentation with a fire rating so no they are not fire rated.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

I wouldn't recommend these lights, I bought one to see what they were like and they have no cable clamps seems to be designed for mainland Europe whereby a plastic flexible pipe is brought to them and clips into the fitting with the cable inside.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭heffo500

I wouldn't recommend these lights, I bought one to see what they were like and they have no cable clamps seems to be designed for mainland Europe whereby a plastic flexible pipe is brought to them and clips into the fitting with the cable inside.

Advertisement