Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microsoft word not working properly

Options
  • 31-10-2018 4:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭

The spell check has stopped working. Also I can't use the thesaurus. The thesaurus may be related to the language use on my computer or on Microsoft word. It has the language set to Irish and I have to manually change the language to English for every word I want to change using thesaurus. But it keeps changing back to Irish. It's just a pain having to keep changing the language. I have tried changing the language to see if spell check works but it doesn't.

I'm in college and need the use of Microsoft word. While I can use the college computers, I would rather use mine as I'm not stuck to college hours. Though I may have to complete most of my assignments at home, I might just have to use the college computers to do the spell check before submitting.

Is there a way to fix these issues?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

What version of Word is it? Are you running on Windows or Mac? Do you have original installation discs available to reinstall?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 189 ✭✭Little Less Conversation

What version of Word is it? Are you running on Windows or Mac? Do you have original installation discs available to reinstall?

Microsoft word 2010 on windows 7. I think I have the original installation discs. I didn't think of reinstalling but would that work on an old Microsoft package and old windows version?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,006 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Microsoft word 2010 on windows 7. I think I have the original installation discs. I didn't think of reinstalling but would that work on an old Microsoft package and old windows version?
    Yeah, reinstall should generally work, provided everything else is OK on the PC in question. It's usually a good first step for any kind of software inconsistency. Have you run Windows Update to ensure that you're up to date on all patches and fixes first?

Advertisement