Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help identify a round structure Temple Hill/Silver Key area

Options
  • 31-10-2018 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭

I only saw this for the first time when my neighbours cut down their trees. Its a very odd round structure, is it some sort of water treatment place maybe ?

Seems to be between Cherrington and the pitch & putt course, anyone know what it is ?

ballintemple.jpg

ballintemple1.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,292 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Is that a reservoir for the Cork Harbour and City water supply scheme?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Possible, definitely looks water related

• Registered Users Posts: 7,271 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

If it's right on top of the hill then it probably is water-related. The water is pumped into the tank when the level drops below a certain level (due to being sucked out via domestic consumption).

I thought that those water towers usually have long stems although I found something similar up in Knocknaheeny as seen on this page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Hey, I can see my house from here!
    Yes, it's a water tower.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,166 ✭✭✭beer enigma

Its right on my doorstep and never noticed it before, must have been there some time & looks overgrown

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

You can just about see it through the gates on the path between it and the pitch and putt club. But it does look so overgrown that maybe it's disused? Or just very low maintenance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭Cape Clear

It's Frank Murphy's second bunker should The Franky Bowl ever get blown up this is where Frank will conduct his retaliation from.

Advertisement