Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an IPod

• 31-10-2018 6:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭

Looking to buy an iPod for my OH for xmas. Know nothing about them, where should I buy & which one would u recommend? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

iPod touch is the only one Apple still sell.

https://www.apple.com/ie/ipod-touch/

Thanks. Do other brands do similar?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Icsics wrote: »
    Looking to buy an iPod for my OH for xmas. Know nothing about them, where should I buy & which one would u recommend? Thanks

Your in luck. You only have one choice. Except to pick a colour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

A serious question... What does she want an iPod?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

jenno86 wrote: »
    A serious question... What does she want an iPod?
    A good question, I taught the majority of smartphones killed off the need for I pods and I didn’t even realise Apple still sell them.

• Advertisement

Thanks. Do other brands do similar?

iPods are specifically Apple.

Currys have some options, but iPod touch gives you access to the AppStore and you have have most of the apps for iPhone or iPad offer.. along with internet browsing etc... Can't speak for any of them however, Google will be your friend if you have questions about them.

https://www.currys.ie/ieen/audio-and-headphones/audio/ipods-and-mp3-players/550_4275_31953_xx_xx/xx-criteria.html

Like Jenno86 says, why does she want one? Surely her phone would have music player option. Unless it's a 3310 :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Icsics

Ah ok, thanks everyone. She travels a lot & her old ipod broke. Would I be better getting noise cancelling headphones?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Ah ok, thanks everyone. She travels a lot & her old ipod broke. Would I be better getting noise cancelling headphones?

What will she connect them to if her old iPod broke?

I have the Bose QC35s as I travel for work and they make a world of difference in planes. They’d be a great addition to whatever new device you choose. Also they’d work with whatever other device she’s wants to connect them to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,055 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

and I wouldn't touch it :D

if you can get your hands on an old iPod classic, they are the job
    some new ones still around from time to time

• Advertisement

kceire wrote: »
    What will she connect them to if her old iPod broke?

well she wouldn't be connecting them to her old iPod anyway... no Bluetooth, though adapters can be got.

Seve OB wrote: »

and I wouldn't touch it :D

if you can get your hands on an old iPod classic, they are the job
    some new ones still around from time to time

Hahaha :)

Those old iPods are bricks though... I need that ease of use :D

I have the Bose QC35s as I travel for work and they make a world of difference in planes. They’d be a great addition to whatever new device you choose. Also they’d work with whatever other device she’s wants to connect them to.

Agree, mine are the newere Bose QC35ii's and they are unreal. lightweight, and super for the plane

I wouldn't be so quick to go against getting an MP3 player though. Phones are grand, but if you have a big collection of tunes, they will eat your space and before you know it...…

A standalone MP3 player is way better than a phone IMO especially if you have any kind of a decent music collection.

Hahaha :)

Those old iPods are bricks though... I need that ease of use :D

no way, I have the last iPod classic and it is far from a brick
    and very easy to use

I also have a second generation iPod... now there is a brick.... still works incidentally, battery life is not great, but it works.... must be 15 years old... actually even older when I think about it

Seve OB wrote: »

Agree, mine are the newere Bose QC35ii's and they are unreal. lightweight, and super for the plane

I wouldn't be so quick to go against getting an MP3 player though. Phones are grand, but if you have a big collection of tunes, they will eat your space and before you know it...…

A standalone MP3 player is way better than a phone IMO especially if you have any kind of a decent music collection.

Yeah, they’re the same ones I have (QCII) they’re just awesome. Basically slept the whole way home from NY uninterrupted with them on.

I never really considered a second device for tunes, the one thing I’d like would be something that has a higher sound quality output (not just bit rate).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,493 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Currys seem to have the silver 128GB for €319.99 - Link. Other colours are €359.99.

I have one and mostly use it in the car for podcasts. Previously used a Classic.

Advertisement