Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Go bus or Citylink

• 31-10-2018 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭

Getting the bus from Dublin airport to Galway, the fare seems to be the same price, just wondering is there any difference? I've never travelled with either

Comments

Getting the bus from Dublin airport to Galway, the fare seems to be the same price, just wondering is there any difference? I've never travelled with either

They're both better than BE and feck all difference between them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,644 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Go bus is also go be.... Bus eireann and go bus.....

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 23,008 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Go bus is also go be.... Bus eireann and go bus.....

No it isn't! GoBus is a completely independent, private company.

You are thinking of GoBE which only operates to Cork, which is a joint partnership between GoBus and BE, where BE seem to no longer have any practical involvement day to day. GoBE uses private coaches, drivers and no longer use BE stations.

GoBus operates to Galway and has zero involvement with BE on that route.

Answering OP's question. I slightly prefer Citylink on that route, nice Vanhool coaches and the chance of getting to go on a lovely Vanhool overdecker. Easily the best coaches I've ever travelled on in Ireland. GoBus Volvos are decent but not as nice. But either way you would be good with both.

Advertisement