Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Adrenaline Club Carlow

Options
  • 31-10-2018 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I recently signed up with Adrenaline Club in Carlow for a block of fitness classes and then last week received an email saying that the business was closing with immediate effect..
    I’m quite annoyed as it paid in advance and now down money.. has this happened anyone else who knows what is going on - if it’s going to reopen or members refunded etc The business Facebook page has been deleted

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,372 ✭✭✭iwillhtfu

I replied to your post in Random Waffle

I think there was a lack of investment and not enough membership take up also the owner Gary Flannery had a bad accident recently and this probably compounded everything. I haven't been up myself but it looked as though they invested heavily in equipment and staff also which presumably will now be out of work. It's a real shame as you'll be hard pushed to meet a nicer fella and he's certainly gone out of his way for numerous causes amongst many funding for Shan Tynan on her trip over to the states for cancer treatment which was successful.

As for folks like yourself I'm sure there's none more disappointed than Gary and hopefully everyone will be refunded. Have you been up to the gym? Is it closed up?Have you tried contacting Gary directly?

The email for anyone that may be interested;

"I am deeply sorry to bring the news, that as it stands Adrenaline HPL is no longer a viable business. What began with the best of intentions has unfortunately not materialised.

My concept was to bring the services of Nutritionists, Fitness Coaches and Physical Therapists together to offer a holistic approach to all members. I was very fortunate to have brought together a team I believe to be the best in their respective fields.
    This vision could only remain achievable with suitable financial investment.

I would like to acknowledge the commitment and professionalism shown by all staff members, particularly over the last 8 weeks whilst I was recovering. If at any point you come across the staff that have worked within Adrenaline, I would encourage you all to avail of their expertise.

To each and every person who supported Adrenaline, I thank you most sincerely for your support and incredible memories over the years.

I am aware that people have booked services that are no longer available, any possibility of refunds will be explored over the coming weeks.
    Glofox have been instructed not to process any further payments.

Gary."

• Registered Users Posts: 13,450 ✭✭✭✭fits

If you paid by credit card you might be able to make a chargeback?

So what was the end result OP any update on whether you got a refund and if the club is to remain closed? Gary Flannery has gone very quiet on social media. He must have ran himself to some amount of debt as he was in the middle of kitting it out when he pulled the plug.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Sheppy88

iwillhtfu wrote: »
    So what was the end result OP any update on whether you got a refund and if the club is to remain closed? Gary Flannery has gone very quiet on social media. He must have ran himself to some amount of debt as he was in the middle of kitting it out when he pulled the plug.

Nope not a thing! Not the only one that hasn’t heard.. he’s a joke.. let’s hope he doesn’t get a chance to do this to others in the futur

I see all social media has been taken down for HPL,adrenaline running club and Gary himself.

Feel bad for the folks that got caught out including several people that were only offered employment a short while before it went to the wall.

Also hard not to feel for Gary himself he seemed like a sound fella and has done many good things for the community including his fund raising for Shan Tynan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1 Clafitz78

Gary helped my myself, my daughter and my Mam in Adrenaline.. we were left with a small dept but nothing in comparison to the help he afforded 3 generations of our family. Gary once babysat my youngest son when I was stuck and helped my Mam in the past in ways very few ever could, all of which was far outside his remit. He also done fantastic events for that Gates lady and Shan Tynan. My opinion is Gary's biggest weakness was he looked after everyone else first and was too nice.

People need to remember the catalyst for this was also his accident. Nobody is saddened as much as him and Carlow is a far worse place without him. Wishing him all the best in the future. Clare, Eva and Ber.

Advertisement