Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Secret Santa 2018

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭jellybear

Awh thanks all!!:) I know BB, opening day is so far away :( Sure it'll be something to look forward to :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

I was planning to wrap it all up tonight but stuck in a stupid webinar! hoping to post tomorrow (if I get it wrapped!)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,442 ✭✭✭Choc Chip

I'm so jealous of everyone. I really wanted to do it this year but was just too busy to do it justice. :(

...Plus I got non-dogs last year and was traumatised. :D

Posted both my presents... one was slightly heavier then I expected!!

Awh you're all stars, lots of presents posted and some have even arrived :D

In random, completely unrelated news- got an email from Dogs Trust today to tell me I'd won a hamper from the Kinsale Food Company for holding a Pupcake Day in work :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭Knine

Mine were posted today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭SillyMangoX

Mine will be off tomorrow morning, my dad decided to take down all the Christmas decorations and pile them on top of the presents, so once the decorations are up the presents will be off :D

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Posted mine yesterday! Hope my Secret Santas like their pressies!!! :-)

Doing really well, plenty of packages on their way now :) Hope you all enjoy the Toy Show later!

• Advertisement

Is it sad that I bought paw-secco for the cats to have during the toy show since we will be having Prosecco? :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭em_cat

Is it sad that I bought paw-secco for the cats to have during the toy show since we will be having Prosecco? :o

Not at all, I hope they enjoy it meow meow...

jellybear wrote: »
    Doing really well, plenty of packages on their way now :) Hope you all enjoy the Toy Show later!

Myself & my daughter had to watch it in Hospital last year so I am delighted we are in our own home this year although probably not a chance she will stay up until 9.30pm. She has already given me her list of sweets she wants :D

The girl in the post office said I made her week when we went in to post off the pressies. I told her about the Secret Santa for pets, she couldn’t believe it :)

Awh Knine, enjoy every minute of the Toy Show tonight. You definitely deserve to!!

SillyMangoX, that's gas!!:D Hope they enjoy it ;)

Yeah, loads of people I've told about it love the whole idea of a SS for pets :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

I have to pick up one last bit tomorrow and I promise mine will be off in Monday's post!

• Advertisement

Pm sent. Mine was posted! :)

Pressies arrived today!!!!

Storm the Ringneck's present arrived today. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 223 ✭✭tylerdylan

Skye’s present arrived. She was sniffing like it was hers lol. Very disappointed when it was put out of her reach 😀

Jesse's parcel arrived today, lots of sniffing! 😀

• Advertisement

Oh it's getting very exciting! Not too many parcels left to arrive :)

All of mine have arrived, I have them hidden in the spare room because Cream has taken to mauling the Christmas tree and anything under it. I thought moose would be the one causing problems with the tree, but no it’s the geriatric 9 year old cat who thinks he’s 6 months :pac:

Oh no! I just realized I forgot to include my secret Santa's Christmas cards!!! I was rushing like a mad yoke on Friday to get to the post office before they closed and I never even realised! Now both my SS are getting a box of pressies without so much as a Happy Christmas included! :(

And both of their Christmas greetings had puns on their names. What a waste!

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Kajemo

Oh no! I just realized I forgot to include my secret Santa's Christmas cards!!! I was rushing like a mad yoke on Friday to get to the post office before they closed and I never even realised! Now both my SS are getting a box of pressies without so much as a Happy Christmas included! :(

awh once presents have been given you have to write the puns up here!!!

Kajemo wrote: »
    awh once presents have been given you have to write the puns up here!!!

Ok the prospect of sharing them with the whole forum has made me reevaluate just how bad they actually were and I now think it's for the best that I didn't send the cards! No more regrets! Thanks for that Kajemo! :D:D:D

I forgot the cards too...& I forgot that I forgot until your post...

Ah lads, this is shocking :P

I'm actually very proud of the card I got. Cracked me up!! :D

Oh and I originally packed all my presents and then realised I hadn't wrapped them! Had to open the parcel and wrap them :D

Ah lads, this is shocking :P

I'm actually very proud of the card I got. Cracked me up!! :D

Oh and I originally packed all my presents and then realised I hadn't wrapped them! Had to open the parcel and wrap them :D

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭lashes34

em_cat wrote: »
    I forgot the cards too...& I forgot that I forgot until your post...

Me too 😭

Very happy to report that all presents have now been sent :) Hopefully everyone will have theres by the end of the week :)

• Advertisement

Hiros present arrived today. Must .. Not... Open!!!!

Lotsos present arrived today! so exciting!

Rio's present arrived this afternoon.:D

Is anyone else struggling with the temptation to open presents?
    The packages have been well and truly been shaken at this stage!

I am delighted to announce that all presents have been delivered :D

Thank you all for making it such an easy process for me!

Now, roll on opening day!!:D

Yeah, Holly, the golden oldie, pressie arrived today, thanks you secret Santa :)

My mum collected khalis parcel from the post office today for me as I was busy. When she walked in the door with it khali jumped up and tore the corner off the envelope. She never does anything like that! How did she know it was for her?!? She's mad to get at it now. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Can't wait to see the pics of pets with their presents ^_^

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,964 ✭✭✭Cherry Blossom

Id just like to say a big thank you to jellybear for organising the Secret Santa this year. It all seems to have run to plan. Looking forward to opening day and seeing all your photos.

• Advertisement

Id just like to say a big thank you to jellybear for organising the Secret Santa this year. It all seems to have run to plan. Looking forward to opening day and seeing all your photos.

Awh sure it was my pleasure! It all ran so smoothly I have to say!:D

Milo is convinced there are treats in his pressie and keeps trying to get to open it!! It's hidden away but he's so good at sniffing it out!

Not long to go to the present opening :D

Not long to go to the present opening :D

Would it be very bold to change the date to tomorrow!? :D I actually wasn't thinking when I changed it...It's always been a Friday! Silly me!

Would it be very bold to change the date to tomorrow!? :D I actually wasn't thinking when I changed it...It's always been a Friday! Silly me!

Definitely not too late :pac:

I've left jesse's on a shelf in the spare room which they don't always have access to, every so often I find it on the floor and the tiny hole in the corner gets a little bigger :-)

Ah feck it... by the powers invested in me...by the Christmas elves... I declare Secret Santa 2018 OPEN...a little early but sure why not ;):D

Enjoy!!

• Advertisement

I shall be opening them tonight when my girlfriend is down for the weekend because she’s looking forward to seeing what they’ve got :D

Aaahh I don't think we'll have time to open ours until tomorrow! But I'll really really try to get home early enough to do it tonight cause the suspense and excitement is killing me!!! I put each parcel into a Christmas stocking and hung them up and Khali is constantly wandering into that room for a sniff! Hiro seems oblivious.

Aaahh I don't think we'll have time to open ours until tomorrow! But I'll really really try to get home early enough to do it tonight cause the suspense and excitement is killing me!!! I put each parcel into a Christmas stocking and hung them up and Khali is constantly wandering into that room for a sniff! Hiro seems oblivious.

Ha! Hermoine has been trying to get to theirs all wheeek...there must be some tasty bits in ‘em.

Mr C on the other hand is also oblivious. Must be a Yorkie thing...

Milo loves his pressies!! Thanks so much Secret Santa!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,892 ✭✭✭Harpy

Opened persies present she loved all her bits.. she even got a stocking which I love!! Thank you whoever had her..
    Haven't opened beaus present yet it's my boyfriend dog so have to wait for him to call in so hopefully he'll get to open his tomorrow evening..

• Advertisement
Advertisement