Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

World Vegan Day Deals

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭knipper

Linda McCartney first aldi ones linked second in my book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,969 ✭✭✭Assetbacked

Thanks for confirming that Iceland stock the No Bull vegan range. My next question is the cost?

Iceland in the UK do the two pack quarter pounder burgers for two pounds which is incredible value, worthy of a bargain alert in itself if it was similarly priced in Dublin.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,104 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Their €2.50 in Ireland, I assume they ship them here so decent price. They have some more expensive things like mince etc now which is €4.50 for 500g.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 799 ✭✭✭oldsmokey

cormie wrote: »
    As will most of the population. Don't worry, I accept this is the reality so posts like yours make no odds.

We all have needs, survival, health, and if all we know to meet these needs is what has been taught and marketed to us as the only source of meeting these needs, then we'll assume after all these years, the processes employed to provide these needs are probably the most efficient/humane way.

Once the knowledge that these needs can be provided for through better methods in terms of our health, the environment and the lives of others, then what we thought was once a need, is now a want.

If you agree with the principle that causing harm, where harm isn't needed, is wrong, then by choosing the option that causes the least amount of harm, you're aligning yourself more with that principle. If a need (survival/health) takes the need of another, it's unfortunate for the one that loses out. If a want (taste/texture/culture/tradition) takes the need (life/freedom) of another, then that want is wrong, going by that same principle.

That's really all that vegan means.

Thats all? I thought it was going to be complicated...

Advertisement