Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surround Sound Headphones for AppleTV

Options
  • 01-11-2018 10:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭

I'm looking for surround sound headphones that will work with an AppleTV 4K. My preference is bluetooth so I can connect to AppleTV directly but I can't find bluetooth surround sound headphones online?

Do they exist?

There are plenty of wireless surround sound headphones though - will I get the full AppleTV surround audio experience by connecting wireless headphones to the television instead?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bluetooth sucks for audio..you'd need a proper wireless set for that uses a proper protocol.
    I actually wish bluetooth would die so that we could switch to direct wifi or some other technology..I suppose because its a low power requirement its holding its own for what its doing.
    I just use a set of airpods for mine really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭Eire Go Brach

Blazer wrote: »
    Bluetooth sucks for audio..you'd need a proper wireless set for that uses a proper protocol.
    I actually wish bluetooth would die so that we could switch to direct wifi or some other technology..I suppose because its a low power requirement its holding its own for what its doing.
    I just use a set of airpods for mine really.
    Bit of a rant there bud. Valid points. But why the hell spend so much money on AirPods if you feel like that?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,440 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Bit of a rant there bud. Valid points. But why the hell spend so much money on AirPods if you feel like that?

small bit I suppose :)
    I got the airpods as I listen to movies late at night and the kids are in bed so I'm not waking anyway.
    And the airpods in fairness to them have no audio lag when watching video files which a lot of bluetooth headsets do unless a firmware update was done by the manufacturers.
    To be honest I wasn't that impressed with them when they came out but once you use them a few times they're invaluable. And I can use them across all my apple devices without having to pair each time etc.

Advertisement