Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thinking of doing a bike build

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

under 'product features' there's a link to a suggested compatible fork.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭Icyseanfitz

Unfortunately it's not available, I suppose I could get in a Chinese fork but I'd rather get something known

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,589 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

ah, i didn't spot that.

no wonder the frame is so cheap, if you can't get a matching fork...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

Possibly worth giving PlanetX a buzz, they have this on the website https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FOPXLORO/planet-x-london-road-fork#reviewstab - no indication of the full spec but the Cube seems to take a fairly standard fork so it might possibly fit. At £99, in black, its not going to be super-light, but then it is a disc bike :) and you will inevitably face the cost v weight compromise and you could easily pay more than you will for the Frame. Pl-X have a nice Selcof fork too, but its £275 - not sure if it would work.

• Advertisement

Yeah that planetx looks the job alright, to be honest I'd nearly be as well off to get a full planet X frame and fork as the cube can only be got in 60cm whereas the Cannondale Caad 10 I had previously was a 56cm and felt big even though I'm 6 foot.

How are planet X bikes regarded these days?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭TheBlaaMan

What are the steerers on those planet X forks? Cube frame take a Tapered 1 1/8" - 1 1/4"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,217 ✭✭✭moonshadow

Just seen Clarke’s of Cavan have these frame sets , decent value here and disc ready.
    {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1252
    {\fonttbl\f0\fnil\fcharset0 .SFUIText;}
    {\colortbl;\red255\green255\blue255;\red0\green0\blue0;}
    {\*\expandedcolortbl;;\cssrgb\c0\c0\c0;}
    \deftab720
    \pard\pardeftab720\partightenfactor0

\f0\fs28 \cf0 \expnd0\expndtw0\kerning0
    \outl0\strokewidth0 \strokec2 \
    }

Can't use the link, what frames are they?

• Advertisement

Right got myself a frame :) BB standard is bb386, what kind off BB do I need to get if I want to run a sram force or red crankset?

Advertisement