Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Copa Libertadores - River Plate vs Boca

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭RicketyCricket

Game suspended it seems.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

**** sake

Surrounded in junk food and drink ready to watch a war

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,755 ✭✭✭giveitholly

Now's it's men's.

To make things worse, Mrs Mr.crinklewood thinks this is the reason I'm staying up

Now you can get an early night with Mrs Mr.crinklewood....!!😂

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 54,715 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

damn I was really looking forward to it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,691 ✭✭✭s3rtvdbwfj81ch

Has there ever been a major football final that had such a farcical build-up?

WC Final 1998 and the whole Ronaldo situation maybe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,217 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Like something out of Dream Team.

I remember a crazy Italian match Lazio Roma derby talk of a little girl being killed during pre game scuffles 2004 I think got the game called off, bonkers stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭p1akuw47h5r3it

Complete Shambles!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Has there ever been a major football final that had such a farcical build-up?

At least once a season on Dream team.

These South American pansies need a stadium fire and an on field assassination to even register :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,758 ✭✭✭Laois_Man

This is the best footage of the actual bus attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This is why we can't have nice things in football.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Laois_Man wrote: »
    This is the best footage of the actual bus attack

Looks harmless enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,337 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

niallo27 wrote: »
    Looks harmless enough.

Harmless enough apart from the windows of the bus getting smashed in you mean.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,049 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Harmless enough apart from the windows of the bus getting smashed in you mean.

I'm sure there are worse videos of what happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Strapping flares to a young girl to sneak into the stadium. Disgusting.

https://twitter.com/FotMob/status/1066427875518308353?s=19

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

niallo27 wrote: »
    Looks harmless enough.

Really? One of their players had to go into hospital due to glass splinters damaging his eye and you think it's all some harmless piece of fun?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Bret Hart

Boca wanting the match suspended.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,201 ✭✭✭gzoladz

Postponed again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭Kevin Finnerty

gzoladz wrote: »
    Postponed again.

Why so?
    Was looking forward to this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Why so?
    Was looking forward to this.

Boca players not fully recovered form last night, apparently.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Boca players not fully recovered form last night, apparently.

I think they are having people on with that tbh. I can understand them not wanting to play yesterday, but I feel they are holding out for the game to be played at a neutral venue, or better still have Boca thrown out and the cup given to them.

DanDan6592 wrote: »
    I think they are having people on with that tbh. I can understand them not wanting to play yesterday, but I feel they are holding out for the game to be played at a neutral venue, or better still have Boca thrown out and the cup given to them.

veteran of being teargassed are you?

veteran of being teargassed are you?

Yes I've been tear gassed as part of my job actually. Doesn't take more than 24 hours to recover from.

Yes I've been tear gassed as part of my job actually. Doesn't take more than 24 hours to recover from.
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I'm in the military it's part of training.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,630 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Would have loved it to be played tomorrow as there's no great matches on. Guessing it will be put back to next week.

• Advertisement

Would have loved it to be played tomorrow as there's no great matches on. Guessing it will be put back to next week.

I read that there is going to be a meeting to decide when it'll be played on Tuesday (think it was in the Guardian). So it'll be Wednesday very earliest but more likely next Weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,640 ✭✭✭TheCitizen

Their bus was attacked, they're not having anyone on. If River Plate fans lose the opportunity for their team to have a home leg it's entirely their fault.

Did that military training knock any common sense out of your head?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,782 ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Boca were thrown out a few years ago for their fans attacking River players. That was I'm the stadium tunnel however so it's a little different.

Even if it had been similar, CONMEBOL flip flop on the rules constantly and discipline teams differently depending on their mood it seems

TheCitizen wrote: »
    Their bus was attacked, they're not having anyone on. If River Plate fans lose the opportunity for their team to have a home leg it's entirely their fault.

I don't disagree that it's River Plates fans' fault. I'm just saying the excuse that they have not recovered from inhaling CS gas is unlikely. A few years ago when the reverse happened the game was awarded to River Plate, hence why I think they are hoping for the same.

They are not in the military, it's not part of their training.

The effect of it on an elite athlete is probably not insignificant. You might have recovered, but you might not have recovered to be able to constantly sprint for 90 mins etc

• Advertisement

Weepsie wrote: »
    They are not in the military, it's not part of their training.

Did I say it was?

I don't disagree that it's River Plates fans' fault. I'm just saying the excuse that they have not recovered from inhaling CS gas is unlikely. A few years ago when the reverse happened the game was awarded to River Plate, hence why I think they are hoping for the same.

It's not an excuse that they were attacked and that they fear they may be attacked again. It's not an excuse that their preparation has been fúcked up entirely by River fans.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭irelandrover

Ive been tear gassed before. I was probably recovered after 24 hours. I wouldnt have thought i was ready to play a final at that point however.

Did I say it was?

You edited out the other part of that posters point to you. Why do some posters insist on doing that? It's an entirely disingenuous way of interacting on here.

You edited out the other part of that posters point to you. Why do some posters insist on doing that? It's an entirely disingenuous way of interacting on here.

No I didn't that was edited in after I responded.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

In fairness I think the rest was edited in after the reply was quoted. Was definitely originally only the quoted part.

Ive been tear gassed before. I was probably recovered after 24 hours. I wouldnt have thought i was ready to play a final at that point however.

Fair enough. I feel I would, I' probably still hold out for a neutral venue however. Wouldn't sit well with me if I had to play in front of the people who attacked my bus.

In fairness, I added that after, probably as they were replying

No I didn't that was edited in after I responded.
    Right. Address the rest of that post so.

Right. Address the rest of the post so.

Only after you apologize ;)

• Advertisement

Same as the footballers then..

Only after you apologize ;)
    Address 141 so.

Address 141 so.

You obviously can't read, or haven't bothered.

sugarman wrote: »
    Was teargassed in a fairly compact bar in Warsaw before a match a few years ago, now it might have been the alcohol but I sat there wondering why it emptied out so quick as I was supping on a pint almost on my own until it proper hit me!

Was grand but I certainly felt it for a few hours the next day.

Supposedly some people are unaffected by it. The lucky few!

RoboKlopp wrote: »
    Same as the footballers then..

The aim of being tear gassed in training is to give you a first hand account of the affects of it, probably so if you are ever equipped with it you don't just use it willy nilly. It is not to make you more immune to it's affects.

You obviously can't read, or haven't bothered.
    Fair enough. I feel I would, I' probably still hold out for a neutral venue however. Wouldn't sit well with me if I had to play in front of the people who attacked my bus.

Ah yes I see it now. As bot42 said originally;

giphy.gif

Supposedly some people are unaffected by it. The lucky few!

And you're one of them:pac: DanDan the military man

I wasn't unaffected by it. The affects don't last 24 hours is what I am saying. Clearly not only can you not read but you can't interpret simple points. Don't worry though, there is nothing wrong with being special needs.

:pac: Aye ok Officer Mitty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,712 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

I wasn't unaffected by it. The affects don't last 24 hours is what I am saying. Clearly not only can you not read but you can't interpret simple points. Don't worry though, there is nothing wrong with being special needs.

I see the military didn't teach you basic civility.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Advertisement

Right. Address the rest of that post so.
    Address 141 so.
    I see the military didn't teach you basic civility.

All I did was respond in kind to a hostile poster. Others who disagreed with what I said responded in a non-hostile way so I did likewise.

Advertisement