Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Payment Fee

Options
  • 01-11-2018 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭

Hi,

my window to make a credit card payment is the 4th to the 24th of the month. I made a payment on the 4th of October, when my statement was visible on the app, but my account was applied a £12 lay payment fee on the 24th October.

I called your credit card line to have this confirmed and removed but the agent could not discuss this as there was an apparent security issue with my card and would have to transfer me to another team.

Can you please explain 1, why your systems are so behind the times that this error happened and 2, why this could not be amended on the first call.

I would prefer an answer here and not to be directed to a number to call.

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

spodoinkle wrote: »
    Hi,

my window to make a credit card payment is the 4th to the 24th of the month. I made a payment on the 4th of October, when my statement was visible on the app, but my account was applied a £12 lay payment fee on the 24th October.

I called your credit card line to have this confirmed and removed but the agent could not discuss this as there was an apparent security issue with my card and would have to transfer me to another team.

Can you please explain 1, why your systems are so behind the times that this error happened and 2, why this could not be amended on the first call.

I would prefer an answer here and not to be directed to a number to call.

Thanks.

Hi There,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. When you receive your Credit Card statement, the payment due date will be visible on the statement. The payment will need to be made to the Credit Card before this date to avoid any Late payment fees being applied to the Credit Card account.

To have this looked into and investigated, we would ask that you raise your query by logging into your account through a Pc/Laptop, Select Service Desk from the left hand navigation bar and select the option to 'Ask a Question' and one of our advisors will be more than happy to look into this for you.

If any fees were applied to your account in error this will of course be refunded to you.

Thanks, Jen 

Advertisement