Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

Morzadec wrote: »
    Definitely something to keep in mind.

My take is that Digne is a player who can return in any match, has multiple ways of scoring you points and is not tying up funds (presuming you bought him around 5.0?) and so can be left on the bench in the buildup, so is a player that is not really bad to have at any time of the season so I'd consider keeping.

Ricky has been out of form for a while and is mirroring last season's barren 2nd half of the season and is too expensive to bench so I'd probably sell.

If you have 4 31ers after this week that's still not all that bad. I'll have 5 but in reality 4 as I don't expect Schindler to return anything in 31 and he'll be replaced in the buildup to that week.

You can still use 28, 29, 30 and 31 (plus your other FT from this week) to bring in West Ham, Leicester, Liverpool players who all have great fixtures in the build up and inclusive of 31. Maybe a Bournemouth player on that last week. That's 5 transfers.

That would give you 9 players for 31 and should set you up well for 33 too.

Thanks
    This is what I am leaning towards alright
    Good to see it from someone else to reinforce it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Y'know, I fully expect that when this is all over we'll discover every strategy yielded the exact same points, on average.

Or, "strategies don't win fpl. Players win fpl"

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Is there any statistics available on what percentage of players have used each chip? Top 10k and top 100k would be interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Only have 4 players for 31 and 12 for 33 atm so think I'll go with the below.
    FH in 31 
    BB in 32 - only need to get rid of Maddison and Fab before then(will hold Salah and maybe hold Robbo)
    WC in 33 or 34 
    TC in 35

Might swap TC and BB around depending on fixtures being confirmed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Is there any statistics available on what percentage of players have used each chip? Top 10k and top 100k would be interesting.

https://www.livefpl.net/figs

https://fpldiscovery.wordpress.com/2019/02/09/18-19-gw26-team-selection-and-stats/#more-12412

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

FH in 31 
    BB in 32 - only need to get rid of Maddison and Fab before then(will hold Salah and maybe hold Robbo)
    WC in 33 or 34 
    TC in 35

Really interesting thread with the many strategies - above makes sense 100%, only issue I can see with it is having 20m or so tied up in Robertson/Salah who are both on SGW vs Spurs in 32. It all depends on your team.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

naughtb4 wrote: »
    FH in 31 
    WC in 33 or 34 
    TC in 35

Really interesting thread with the many strategies - above makes sense 100%, only issue I can see with it is having 20m or so tied up in Robertson/Salah who are both on SGW vs Spurs in 32. It all depends on your team.
    Yeah I just have a lot of value tied up in them so would be hard to get back in, they've great fixtures in their last 4 games despite not having a dgw in 35.
     Not 100% set on keeping them yet so could all change, especially if they keep progressing in the CL

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Looking at fixtures and with a strategy of FH in 32:
    If Building towards 31, avoid getting Fulham and Newcastle players as they will probably blank in 33 (if watford and Palace go through in the cup).
    Conversely, don't sell Arsenal players as Arsenal blank in 31 but have a guaranteed game in 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

FH in 31 
    WC in 33 or 34 
    TC in 35

That’s a good plan if you have WC. I’m looking at riding out GW31 & GW33 and using chips

FH in DGW32 or DGW35
    BB in DGW32 or DGW35

Not sure when to use TC, probably at end of season on Kane Salah or Aguero all dependants.

I’ve no wildcard but a lot can happen so not nailing my chips to any masts yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Chesty08 wrote: »
    That’s a good plan if you have WC. I’m looking at riding out GW31 & GW33 and using chips

FH in DGW32 or DGW35
    BB in DGW32 or DGW35

Not sure when to use TC, probably at end of season on Kane Salah or Aguero all dependants.

I’ve no wildcard but a lot can happen so not nailing my chips to any masts yet

I've no wildcard either but one thing I'm almost certain on is that I'll be using TC in a DGW. It halves the chance of a triple captain fail.

• Advertisement

It's weds night
    Less than 48 hours till deadline
    I have 2 FT
    AND NOT A CLUE WHAT I WILL DO

Maybe the obvious move of Aguero to auba and captain him whilst sticking head in sand about future gameweeks will turn out to be the right one ............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    It's weds night
    Less than 48 hours till deadline
    I have 2 FT
    AND NOT A CLUE WHAT I WILL DO

Maybe the obvious move of Aguero to auba and captain him whilst sticking head in sand about future gameweeks will turn out to be the right one ............

Leaning towards this move now myself too. I've gone through every strategy today and still don't know what to do.

Leaning towards this move now myself too. I've gone through every strategy today and still don't know what to do.

It might garner enough points to cover a few hits over next few weeks
    It's a blindingly obvious move
    So maybe it's the right one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,324 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Anyone want to critique a FH team for me. Have had 2 great GWs and trying to crank up the pressure.

FABINASKI
    CHER, KOLASINAC, MONREAL, trippier
    POGBA, SON, ANDERSON, salah
    LACA, VARDY

Not shouting my team ;) Caps are playing at home.

I fancy a gunners gamble at home to Sou, some attacking returns and a CS would be nice.
    Schar, do you believe?
    Salah... first time in my team, purely as a blocker for my FH week, sorry Mr. P.
    Vardy is Punty but hoping there's kickback after being dropped and a missed peno.
    Laca can/will be Auba after tomorrow night.
    Rondon on the bench. I should ease off on the gunner gamble really.

Anyone I'm missing?
    Sensible recommendations will be ignored.

(I had a triple NEW defence at one stage... I do fancy a gamble with this chip)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Decision made its a build to 31 and 33 with a FH in between. If only because it's the simplest strategy to get my head around! With FT and a hit to get Kamara out this week I can field 10 for 31.

Now watch the PL change the expected fixtures up just to screw with me 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

PARlance wrote: »
    Anyone want to critique a FH team for me. Have had 2 great GWs and trying to crank up the pressure.

FABINASKI
    CHER, KOLASINAC, MONREAL, trippier
    POGBA, SON, ANDERSON, salah
    LACA, VARDY

Not shouting my team ;) Caps are playing at home.

I fancy a gunners gamble at home to Sou, some attacking returns and a CS would be nice.
    Schar, do you believe?
    Salah... first time in my team, purely as a blocker for my FH week, sorry Mr. P.
    Vardy is Punty but hoping there's kickback after being dropped and a missed peno.
    Laca can/will be Auba after tomorrow night.
    Rondon on the bench. I should ease off on the gunner gamble really.

Anyone I'm missing?
    Sensible recommendations will be ignored.

(I had a triple NEW defence at one stage... I do fancy a gamble with this chip)

Are you all set on using FH this GW? It seems unwise with the big blanks and doubles coming up - the FH is gold dust to navigate those efficiently.

In general it doesn't seem like a great week to use it with City not in action, Liverpool and United playing against each other in what I imagine will be a tight affair, Spurs away to a resurgent Burnley and still likely without Kane.

If you are all set on playing it then I'd keep an eye on Auba tonight, he's the one premium player playing this week and I'd still wager he probably starts against Soton even if he starts tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Transfers made for GW27: FH, BB, WC. Chips remaining

GW31 (Normal Squad) 3 players, will be down to 2 soon enough when I move Lossl and Diop on (2 being Salah and pool defender i'll bring in for Diop before).
    So I'm free hitting here.

GW32: Bench Boost
    currently have 12 Potential DGWers (plus Salah, Lossl, Diop)
    Lossl will become Ryan or Leno will bring me to 13, will hold off on this move until Blanks/Non Blanks for GW33 are confirmed.
    Diop will have become TAA probably, who I can then turn into Luiz for GW32

That would leave me with 14 DGWers plus Salah

GW33:
    Slight unknown. My aim will be to get players in with Doubles in 32 and a Single game in 33, I haven't fully planned this out

I'm looking at about 6 players at the moment depending previous transfers, I might take a minus 4 to get me up to 8 players and hope for the best.

GW35
    I will try have 11 DGWers or more likely 10 plus Salah in GW35.
    I think I have 8 potential DGWers for this currently but I'm not planning properly this far ahead

I think my plans are fairly set in stone, unless I decide to hold the Bench boost to GW35, in which case I'd be wildcarding in GW34.

I've made my transfers and basically left myself the option of FH in 32 or 31
    Need more clarity on dgw fixtures
    Could end up with a few surprises like last season

I am not holding players with stink form for 4 more weeks either
    Especially when they have a tough fixture

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

I was all set to FH in 31 and just build towards 32 but if I do that I'll be in big trouble for 33 so I think I'll build towards 31 (and by default 33) and FH in 32 and then wildcard in 34 with BB 35.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Still no idea what I’ll do this week (Aubameyang playing 90 didn’t help), but now strongly leaning towards building for GW32 and FH in 31.

I think there might be a surprise or two in the rearranging of the fixtures, so a TC option may present itself in 32. If not I’ll have at least 11 DGWers, Salah, Robertson and one other. Even though he only has one game, and it’s against Spurs, I think it could backfire leaving Salah out of a GW32 team.

I still have my WC, so if the worst comes to the worst I can WC in GW33 with a view to setting up for DGW35.

Also, to dead end my team will involve losing value on players I’d want in DGWs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Ive had a look and im pretty confident building towards 31 will make it easier to field a strong team in 33. I already have 5 players for 31 which helps of course, and i think i could get to 10 players that id be happy to have in my team and have a game in 31 & 33.

Unless you only have 2 or 3 gw31 players in your team right now, i think building for 31 is the optimal strategy.

Benimar wrote: »
    I think there might be a surprise or two in the rearranging of the fixtures, so a TC option may present itself in 32..

I was thinking this too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

The thoughts of a FH in a DGW with the big hitters is ideal, but not practical, long term, for me anyway. It means dropping big name players week by week and possibly not being able to bring them back in due to price rises. Unless of course you have a WC, or just go ahead and play a handful of players and risk it. GW31 isn't the greatest for fixtures but could certainly be worse; Liverpool and Chelsea play, with West Ham and Bournemouth at home to Huddersfield and Newcastle.

sheroman01 wrote: »
    The thoughts of a FH in a DGW with the big hitters is ideal, but not practical, long term, for me anyway. It means dropping big name players week by week and possibly not being able to bring them back in due to price rises. Unless of course you have a WC, or just go ahead and play a handful of players and risk it. GW31 isn't the greatest for fixtures but could certainly be worse; Liverpool and Chelsea play, with West Ham and Bournemouth at home to Huddersfield and Newcastle.

That’s one thing that put me off putting all my eggs in FH32 basket
    Getting all 31 players back for 33 is all very well but there is another double after that and obviously you could be missing a lot of big hitters

Added to that a few of the 31 teams have poor 33 games
    I’m now considering FH 33 as I will certainly be down a few united and wolves players at least
    And some of my 31 players have a poor fixture

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,589 ✭✭✭✭Necronomicon

After many headaches I've opted for FH31, build towards DGW32. Building towards 31 was just looking like so much surgery to my team, whereas I was already some way towards a decent enough DGW32 team. It also keeps my options for TC or BB open for that week.

BGW33 isn't looking too bad, and DGW35...well, that's ages away :) Just relieved to have made a decision now and I can start focusing a bit more on those further away problems.

(For context, I don't have a WC left).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭patmac

Spent some time at this last night head is wrecked.
    Team is poor this week but great next week.
    Currently
    Fab (Hamer)
    Lindelhof,VVD,AWB(Bennett,Valery)
    (Hazard)Pogba, Salah, Snodgrass, Moutinho
    Rashford, Jimenez,(Aguero)
    Think I’ll do Hazard to Eriksen or Son, or possibly Anderson would love to ride it out though.
    Next week bank
    29: 2 gw 31 in.
    30: 2 more giving me 9 for 31, FH in 32 11 in 33, wc 34, Bb 35. TC after.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

I've decided (I think) to build towards DGW32. I'll FH in 31. This means I can get rid of Digne and Richarlison as soon as I like. With just FT's I can get to 15DGW players for 32, so bench boost there and then WC in blank 33. I'll wildcard in 9 or 10 players with a match in the blank, and then with FT's I'll get up to 7 or 8 DGW35 players by the time that comes around. I feel this allows me to get a good mix for the run in as I won't be focussing entirely on DGW35 players which would be the temptation with a GW34 WC. I'll probably use TC in DGW35.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭carnie

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    I've decided (I think) to build towards DGW32. I'll FH in 31. This means I can get rid of Digne and Richarlison as soon as I like. With just FT's I can get to 15DGW players for 32, so bench boost there and then WC in blank 33. I'll wildcard in 9 or 10 players with a match in the blank, and then with FT's I'll get up to 7 or 8 DGW35 players by the time that comes around. I feel this allows me to get a good mix for the run in as I won't be focussing entirely on DGW35 players which would be the temptation with a GW34 WC. I'll probably use TC in DGW35.

This is pretty much my plan of action.

Are the fixtures for DGW32 more or less set?

carnie wrote: »
    This is pretty much my plan of action.

Are the fixtures for DGW32 more or less set?

No

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

My head is well and truly wrecked...

I currently have 8 for GW 31 if Brooks is fit by then ... so can field 11 there with just making free transfers between now and then

I also have 8 DGWers for 32 ...

However my team this week is a bit of a mess with a bench of Aguero, Alonso, Luiz and Richarlison :eek: and Brooks out injured.

Still have all my chips intact and had originally planned on building to GW31, Free hit 32, WC 34 and BB 35 with TC in either 33 or 36 depending bit now looking at the permutations and second guessing myself at every turn!

Advertisement