Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

chelsea away in Kiev between GW 30 and 31........would assume their priority will soon switch to Europa as well........

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Alternative DGW32 fixtures

There's a hot topic on FFScout from the regular poster Jarvish. He thinks Wolves v Utd will be in DGW32 and has made an educated guess on the re-arranged fixtures.

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2019/02/21/leicesters-fixtures-and-tielemans-arrival-boost-the-appeal-of-maddison/?hc_page=6&hc_sort_by=comment_date#hc_comment_19903539

ElTel wrote: »
    Alternative DGW32 fixtures

There's a hot topic on FFScout from the regular poster Jarvish. He thinks Wolves v Utd will be in DGW32 and has made an educated guess on the re-arranged fixtures.

https://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2019/02/21/leicesters-fixtures-and-tielemans-arrival-boost-the-appeal-of-maddison/?hc_page=6&hc_sort_by=comment_date#hc_comment_19903539

That would mean a Cardiff Fulham DGW for city
    TC
    Bench boost would have to wait
    And obviously FH as well.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

After many headaches I've opted for FH31, build towards DGW32. Building towards 31 was just looking like so much surgery to my team, whereas I was already some way towards a decent enough DGW32 team. It also keeps my options for TC or BB open for that week.

BGW33 isn't looking too bad, and DGW35...well, that's ages away :) Just relieved to have made a decision now and I can start focusing a bit more on those further away problems.

(For context, I don't have a WC left).

i've seen a lot of people online say that the WC won't be that big an advantage. in my case, I wholeheartedly disagree. being able to WC in 34 in prep for 35 is quite central to what I'm doing.

perhaps luckily, I'm very well set for BGW 31, meaning I'm pretty good for GW33. i'm just going to build to 31, but i don't have to ignore form players either, as I'll have 8 or 9 for that week unless I get very unlucky with injuries.

i'll get through 31
    FH 32
    use one transfer for 33
    WC in 34 in prep for 35 and 37.
    TC and BB in 35 and 37, unless I really think Salah in 36 is a better bet for TC.

without that WC it's doable, but a lot trickier, and would involve me having to make definite choices in terms of almost foregoing some GWs and hoping for the best.

unless I'm missing something?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

km79 wrote: »
    TC

Yup and Arsenal don't get a double. Really hoping for some fixture to be arranged today. I'm set up better for FH31 in both cases anyway but "the Jarvish scenario" makes that strategy more likely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

TC

This is why I’m building towards 32. Easy to swap between BB and TC. FH in 32 obviously rules both out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

Benimar wrote: »
    This is why I’m building towards 32. Easy to swap between BB and TC. FH in 32 obviously rules both out.

Why not use both in 32?

elefant wrote: »
    Why not use both in 32?

Can’t use two chips in the same week

Benimar wrote: »

I am contemplating FH 33

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

Fixtures are out

• Advertisement

Wolves v Man Utd confirmed for DGW32.

Surely means City v Cardiff will also be DGW32 if City beat Swansea in the cup.

Man Utd v Man City also confirmed for DGW35

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Massive spanner in the works

Well that has worked out beautifully
    I think !
    LOL I am not sure actually

Thinking about it I will have 5 players missing for 31 now anyway
    And the same for 33 without moving on wolves /united players
    Not much room for manoveur now
    Almost certainly have to FH 31
    I could have a serious Gw 32 squad but taht City DGW is TC material

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

I’m still going FH in DGW32.

I’ll probably want 3 City and the only way I’ll be managing that without destroying my team is via that chip.

No Arsenal double is not the worst thing in the world as it means Aguero/Kane/Rashford forward trio is very achievable without fearing you’re missing a big hitter out.

I’ve just been messing around for a few minutes and could do something like the below on a FH, presuming all will have doubles. Just an example:

Foster/Guaita
    Shaw Doherty Duffy
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Jota
    Kane Aguero Rashford

Then an Aubameyang TC in 35 (likely Palace home and Wolves away) looks nice!

Paully D wrote: »
    I’m still going FH in DGW32.

I’ll probably want 3 City and the only way I’ll be managing that without destroying my team is via that chip.

No Arsenal double is not the worst thing in the world as it means Aguero/Kane/Rashford forward trio is very achievable without fearing you’re missing a big hitter out.

I’ve just been messing around for a few minutes and could do something like the below on a FH, presuming all will have doubles. Just an example:

Foster/Guaita
    Shaw Doherty Duffy
    Sterling Hazard Pogba Jota
    Kane Aguero Rashford

Then an Aubameyang TC in 35 (likely Palace home and Wolves away) looks nice!

I already have 5 of those players and Jiminez instead of Kane who I have zero interest in
    So doubt I’ll be playing a FH

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Ouch.

I'm going to have to wait until 35 or 37 to use my TC. i just have to live with it. there's no point sacrificing a perfect decent, flexible plan just for City games where you could be screwed by Pep roulette anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Lol after 10 days of planning and debating they throw this out a few hours before the deadline...

Don't know what to make of this and if this will change plans.. probably not.

Will be nice to get 3 City players in for 32 so FH still looks like a good option there (because you can't carry too many City players with them likely blanking either side of 32).

That said a TC on Aggy for those fixtures would be sweet.

I’m now convinced FH31, TC 32, WC33/34, BB35 is the way to go.

The only way City can’t have a double in 32 is if they lose to Swansea, in which case I’ll have 3 of their players in BGW33.

A possible (probable) Aguero TC along with fielding 11 in BGW31 is a potential significant advantage.

It was confusing before, now even moreso.

I still think that FH 32 seems the right move as City assets are a must but they don't play 31 and 33.

But then again I have Sane and Aguero right now. Could hold on to them this week, enjoy their decent fixtures 28, 29, 30, add another City in 32 (after FHing in 31) and therefore have 3 players AND TC in 32.

Decisions...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,509 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Is it just Wolves v United confirmed for 32 already?

• Advertisement

CSF wrote: »
    Is it just Wolves v United confirmed for 32 already?

Only games confirmed are the two rearranged Man Utd fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Anyone know how many blanks wolves will have. Will they have double game weeks also given that they’re not playing in gw31?

In essence I’m wondering who to bring in now for 32 onwards as I’m free hitting in 31.

Anyone know how many blanks wolves will have. Will they have double game weeks also given that they’re not playing in gw31?

In essence I’m wondering who to bring in now for 32 onwards as I’m free hitting in 31.

Wolves are confirmed blank in 31 and 33.

I think if you're going FH 31, TC 32 then you have to WC in 33. You'll be screwed in 33 otherwise.

Whether that's worth doing I have no idea.

Going to stick with FH 32 and build towards 31 I think, despite having 2 from City, Wolves and United and only 4 31ers.

TC would be nice with City, but I'd rather pick and choose the City players before with rotation in mind, think I'd really want Sterling for it and defensive coverage and holding onto Sane might stop that. Sane's place in the team is still uncertain.

Also building to 32 means 33 is very tough to navigate and would require a WC in 33 probably.

It's all very hard to know, you'd need hours to come up with the optimal plan I feel and I think it's too late in the day to change my plan.

FH 31, building to 3 City and using TC in 32 is tempting but I'd rather have the luxury of knowing exactly is looking hot at the time, and also where Pep's might lie at that moment in time.

Final thought is that Aguero might even be rested for those two relatively easy games in 32 and thwart those with a TC.

TC in 35 where City have two tough games might be worth considering - yes they are big games (SPU, mun) but I think this makes the team easier to predict and could still see Aggy doing the business there. Possible BB in a single, we'll see when the time comes.

Open to some very last minute swaying though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,377 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

When will the fixtures be updated on fpl ?

Morzadec wrote: »
    Going to stick with FH 32 and build towards 31 I think, despite having 2 from City, Wolves and United and only 4 31ers.

TC would be nice with City, but I'd rather pick and choose the City players before with rotation in mind, think I'd really want Sterling for it and defensive coverage and holding onto Sane might stop that. Sane's place in the team is still uncertain.

Also building to 32 means 33 is very tough to navigate and would require a WC in 33 probably.

It's all very hard to know, you'd need hours to come up with the optimal plan I feel and I think it's too late in the day to change my plan.

FH 31, building to 3 City and using TC in 32 is tempting but I'd rather have the luxury of knowing exactly is looking hot at the time, and also where Pep's might lie at that moment in time.

Final thought is that Aguero might even be rested for those two relatively easy games in 32 and thwart those with a TC.

TC in 35 where City have two tough games might be worth considering - yes they are big games (SPU, mun) but I think this makes the team easier to predict and could still see Aggy doing the business there. Possible BB in a single, we'll see when the time comes.

Open to some very last minute swaying though!
    If you think Aguero is going to be rotated for those 2 "easy "games then the same goes for sterling and pretty much everyone bar Ederson.........I would be fine if I only had to go into it with Aguero

If you think Aguero is going to be rotated for those 2 "easy "games then the same goes for sterling and pretty much everyone bar Ederson.........I would be fine if I only had to go into it with Aguero

I don't necessarily think he will be, just that TCing him in 32 (while definitely a good move) isn't without its risks.

A big reason for tearing up my initial plan of FH32 would have been to enable a TC of Aguero - so was just trying to include all my justifications for not going that route, albeit this one being a very small one.

I will almost certainly regular captain Aguero in 32 for example!

As for the bolded part, I really think 3 City is a must, whether you FH in 32 or build towards it. Whether it's Ederson or the very nailed on Laporte, clean sheet coverage will likely be rewarded nicely as well as the obvious potential for attacking points.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,148 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Morzadec wrote: »
    Wolves are confirmed blank in 31 and 33.

I think if you're going FH 31, TC 32 then you have to WC in 33. You'll be screwed in 33 otherwise.

Whether that's worth doing I have no idea.

I’ve used tc already, worked out quite well on Aguero for gw 25. Also used the wildcard in 24. Jumped about 170k places in the past 2 gameweeks to 26k overall.

I know I’ll be screwed in at least one gw coming up. All I can do is plan ahead. Currently have only 1 player for gw31 so I’m pretty sure I should use the free hit then and plan ahead as much as I can. Not easy to without knowing the fixtures yet. Think I’ll roll my ft this week. I had 11 starters but awb injury means it’ll be 10. Kun, Sterling and Holebas on the bench.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

What's the lowest amount of players people are going with for the BGWs? As it stands I have 5 for BGW31 and 6 for BGW33 (that includes Puncheon who is not a cert).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

sheroman01 wrote: »
    What's the lowest amount of players people are going with for the BGWs? As it stands I have 5 for BGW31 and 6 for BGW33 (that includes Puncheon who is not a cert).

You’re fine with that. You have 4 more transfers before 31 so can get yourself up to 9 which is probably more than most will have.

Get yourself up to 3 Liverpool players and get Hazard if you fancy him and beyond that just transfer out your fringe players for players that have games in 31 and 33.

Advertisement