Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

It is beginning to take shape in my head now
    If palace go out of cup I am sound for 33 and will most certainly FH in 31 and TC/BB in 32

I will prob have to target teams with DGW 32 and a game in 33 and ideally another DGW
    Sadly that looks like Chelsea players ........and Arsenal which is tricky as Auba is the main one and I will have aguero......Kolasinic a possibility but I wonder how long he will keep his place........it is a pity there is such a dearth of FF options between the 2 games. And then of course there is the probability they start targeting Europa League and I am left with expensive duds foe remainder of season. I am VERY WARY of bringing in players from teams with little to play for. I am already worried my triple Wolves are looking ahead to FA Cup quarter.
    Leicster and West ham players nearly on the beach

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭clever user name

I’ve used tc already, worked out quite well on Aguero for gw 25. Also used the wildcard in 24. Jumped about 170k places in the past 2 gameweeks to 26k overall.

I know I’ll be screwed in at least one gw coming up. All I can do is plan ahead. Currently have only 1 player for gw31 so I’m pretty sure I should use the free hit then and plan ahead as much as I can. Not easy to without knowing the fixtures yet. Think I’ll roll my ft this week. I had 11 starters but awb injury means it’ll be 10. Kun, Sterling and Holebas on the bench.

I'm in the same boat as you having already used wildcard. For me right now, I don't see any other alternative than to build a decent team for 32 (probably BB too), FH31 and just try to field as many as I can in 33. Could also just try to just field as many as I can in 31, FH33. Either way, one of those weeks is gonna be bad.

Alternative would be to to build a team for 31/33 and FH in 32, but I can't see how that would work without leaving my team looking less than ideal for the rest of the season (including DGW 35). I dunno, I'm probably missing something but that is my train of thought at the moment.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

No wildcard. No FH. But i think i can make it work(kind of). Current plan is to field 8 in 31. Then a -8 should hopefully get me 11 doublers for a bumper 32(including TC). Then a few weeks after to prepare for BB in 35

Would anyone be able to update spreadsheet with DGW FIXTURES.........I did it on the one I have downloaded but it does't work properly when I manually change the entries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

km79 wrote: »
    Would anyone be able to update spreadsheet with DGW FIXTURES.........I did it on the one I have downloaded but it does't work properly when I manually change the entries

Ask and ye shall receive ;)

I do plan to keep this updated for myself as often as possible so I may aswell throw it up here too, God knows I've gained enough help from this forum over the years

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,825 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

As someone with just Free Hit and Bench Boost left, would you advise going with 8/9 max players and using the chips on the Double Gameweeks, or would you Free Hit on one of the big Blank Gameweeks?

Cartman78 wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:P

You're more than welcome to take the reigns, I just had it done for myself anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

ScummyMan wrote: »
    :P

You're more than welcome to take the reigns, I just had it done for myself anyway

I'm glad you stepped into the breach actually - I'm currently in an extended phase of FPL disillusionment to be honest....haven't a clue yet what I'm doing for the blanks and DGW.

I still have a half-arsed idea in my head to build a web scraper/crawler that would update daily prices, fixtures, form etc from the FPL website for your own individual squad....might be one for next season at this stage :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

callaway92 wrote: »
    As someone with just Free Hit and Bench Boost left, would you advise going with 8/9 max players and using the chips on the Double Gameweeks, or would you Free Hit on one of the big Blank Gameweeks?

I've no wc either. I plan on getting 8or9 going into 31 free hit 32, make sure some of your 31s have game 33. Then see how you ride out 34 and maybe BB around 35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

I should know this really, but if I'm carrying 2 FTs into gw 31 but then use my FH, do I lose a FT for 32 i.e. only have the one for 32?

I should know this really, but if I'm carrying 2 FTs into gw 31 but then use my FH, do I lose a FT for 32 i.e. only have the one for 32?

yes you lose it

@km79 will confirm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Oh i do love a good vlookup.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

Is there only 1 confirmed extra game in gw32 and if there are others when will they be confirmed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

madmax72 wrote: »
    Is there only 1 confirmed extra game in gw32 and if there are others when will they be confirmed

Only 1 confirmed. There should be more, but we won’t hear anything until after the GW31 deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Benimar wrote: »
    Only 1 confirmed. There should be more, but we won’t hear anything until after the GW31 deadline.

That seems very unfair on fans

naughtb4 wrote: »

by fans you mean FF managers

km79 wrote: »
    by fans you mean FF managers

I do!

I have a wildcard and free hit over my rival and the league seem set on making them as useless as possible !!!

naughtb4 wrote: »

There is an international break between GWs 31 and 32. Fans get 16-17 days notice of rearranged games.

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Eddie Ere

What's the optimal strategy for someone with WC and all chips left? This is the most confusing run in in years!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

My Build to 31 is taking shape:

Fab

Pereira -- Robbo -- Digne

Salah -- Mane -- Anderson --

-- Vardy -- Higuain

Schindler, Hudson Odoi

Plan from here is to get Hazard and either Arnie/Rondon in before GW31. Will Free Hit in GW32 then wing it for GW 33. Then Wildcard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Eddie Ere wrote: »
    What's the optimal strategy for someone with WC and all chips left? This is the most confusing run in in years!

there is no optimum. every team is different.

if your team is in a jock, WC now may be best.
    if it's ok, you can hold it.
    if you're set up for GW 31, you shouldn't need to FH then, and save it.
    if you're set up for GW 32, FHing then might be best.
    BB and TC are probably just depending on how you feel in GWs 32, 35 and 37.

there's a million different reasons why any given strategy might work or not for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Willl be taking another look at this at the weekend with potential doubles i was aimed for being switched about between gw32-35.

Im still free hitting in GW31 but I'm not so sure when I'm bench Boosting until the doubles are confirmed.

At worst I'll try get near 11 DGWers in GW32 using no chips.
    Then wildcard prior to a GW35 BB which is eaiser than my initial plan to build with week by week transfers towards a gw32 BB

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭madmax72

shineon23 wrote: »
    Willl be taking another look at this at the weekend with potential doubles i was aimed for being switched about between gw32-35.

Im still free hitting in GW31 but I'm not so sure when I'm bench Boosting until the doubles are confirmed.

At worst I'll try get near 11 DGWers in GW32 using no chips.
    Then wildcard prior to a GW35 BB which is eaiser than my initial plan to build with week by week transfers towards a gw32 BB

How do you know what teams are guaranteed a dgw in gw32

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

madmax72 wrote: »
    How do you know what teams are guaranteed a dgw in gw32

I don't, thats my problem. 😔

Clear plan has emerged for me now anyway
    Will prob end up bench boosting in a sgw
    Wish i had gone ahead and played it in first few gameweeks as planned

100% happening next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How many players will people have for GW31? Those that aren’t using a chip that is.

9 for me consisting of:

Fabianksi
    Robertson Clyne
    Salah Hazard Mane Maddison
    Vardy Barnes

I think I’m happy enough with that. I could take a -4 to get 10 players but don’t think it’d be worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Paully D wrote: »
    How many players will people have for GW31? Those that aren’t using a chip that is.

9 for me consisting of:

Fabianksi
    Robertson Clyne
    Salah Hazard Mane Maddison
    Vardy Barnes

I think I’m happy enough with that. I could take a -4 to get 10 players but don’t think it’d be worth it.

The hit might be worth it if the player will play in GW33 too. That's the way I'm approaching it anyway.

Still have 3 subs to make but hoping to have:

Alisson
    Robertson
    Salah, Hazard* Richarlison, Anderson, Fraser*
    Vardy, Higuain*

* potential transfers in.

The old reliable 1-5-2 formation:)

• Advertisement

Looking like Fabianski*

Robbo Pereira TAA*

Salah Hazard Richy McNeil

Barnes AN Other (for Aguero)

Happy enough though would love to dump Richy or McNeil for Mane but think Liverpool defence is steadier

Advertisement