Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I’ll have 10 without injuries etc
    A hit to get 11 if I want a third defender

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,252 ✭✭✭COH

Will have 11 without hits

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,594 ✭✭✭caviardreams

I will have 8 - will probably take 2 hits for a -8 to get two players in who will play in both 31 and 33.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Today has ruled Pogba out for TC anyways!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Not sure if this has been mentioned(and i'm kind of half reluctant to share it), but the WAT-CRY cup match kicks off @12:15 on the day of gw31. First gw31 match itself isn't 'til 15:00(fpl deadline 14:00) so it may be a very good idea(especially to those of us without a WC or FH or both) to wait right up until the last moment to make our gw31 transfers as the cup result will relate to gameweeks thereafter(including skinny gw33).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

manual_man wrote: »
    Not sure if this has been mentioned(and i'm kind of half reluctant to share it), but the WAT-CRY cup match kicks off @12:15 on the day of gw31. First gw31 match itself isn't 'til 15:00(fpl deadline 14:00) so it may be a very good idea(especially to those of us without a WC or FH or both) to wait right up until the last moment to make our gw31 transfers as the cup result will relate to gameweeks thereafter(including skinny gw33).

I will be waiting back up until the deadline for any moves that week.

We could have got a double whammy as Brighton FA cup game looked to be getting fixed for the Friday night which would have helped us out big time and a pure grace for FPL Managers and chips strategies if so but not to be.

The Planet FPL podcast go into it in detail and worth a listen, EP46 is about chips and the blanks but mentioned in all their podcasts. Grand for a drive to work to make one even more confused! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

A lot of people are building towards GW31 and 33 with the plan to FH in 32 and WC in 34.
    I’m just wondering if there is an argument to WC in 32 to build a team for the future doubles and then FH in 33 to cover the skinny GW?

This would give an extra week to have transfers ahead of DGW 35. It also means that you can field a full team in the skinny GW33.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Wildcard in week 32 for me. Have no free hit though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Am I right in saying that the only games which might not be played in GW33 are City v Car, Spurs v Brighton and either Newcastle v Palace or Watford v Ful? Any others?

If that's it, I won't need to prepare for that GW as I have very few players from those teams and my bench can cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Am I right in saying that the only games which might not be played in GW33 are City v Car, Spurs v Brighton and either Newcastle v Palace or Watford v Ful? Any others?

If that's it, I won't need to prepare for that GW as I have very few players from those teams and my bench can cover.

United & Wolves definitely won’t be on

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

That's correct along with with Wolves vs Man U which is definitely a blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

A lot of people are building towards GW31 and 33 with the plan to FH in 32 and WC in 34.
    I’m just wondering if there is an argument to WC in 32 to build a team for the future doubles and then FH in 33 to cover the skinny GW?

This would give an extra week to have transfers ahead of DGW 35. It also means that you can field a full team in the skinny GW33.

I was the same but if you prepare for 31 there's a good chance you're going to have plenty in 33 too. I think I've 8 for 31 right now pre transfers and 7 for 33. Check your team out.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Whose definitely blanking in GW 33

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

dsmythy wrote: »
    I was the same but if you prepare for 31 there's a good chance you're going to have plenty in 33 too. I think I've 8 for 31 right now pre transfers and 7 for 33. Check your team out.

Yeah, it's a question of balance now with planning for the nine GWs left especially with nothing fixed until the IB.

It may suit some squads to only have 6 (say) for GW31 and FH in GW33.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Looking for bit of help- I've my FH and triple captain left.

I'm building towards GW31, FH 32, okay for GW33 after Gw31.

The big issue I see is how am I then fixed for GW34.

With no WC and by the end of GW 32 I'll have no city or spurs and possibly only 1 United player (Pogba, tho I currently own Shaw but was gonna transfer in Luiz or Azpil but now reconsidering).

With all the focus on gw 31-33 I feel like I'm gonna get screwed GW34 with

Spurs home to Hudd

Man u home to West ham

City away to palace (to lesser extent).

I'll have a Gw 33 and GW 34 transfer - so maybe get Rashford back and a spurs player or sterling/aguero back for example.

But still feel very light for that week?

What are others with no WC doing?

Losing Shaw doesn't seem worthwhile now as need to keep a few United players for that gw34? Or is holding him for 4 weeks nuts?

Having one player from united/city/spurs coming out of Gw 32 after free hit reverts seems scary - can get 3 max combined with no hits.

Thoughts/help appreciated.

Concerned I'm being too blinkered by gw 31 and gw 33 and teams for those weeks.

dsmythy wrote: »

Possibly so, but the FH in 32 means your 'Real team' comes back in 33 and by the time you WC in 34 the players for the rest of the season could be more expensive.

You should be able to get City and United players on wildcard at their cheapest price in 32 and set you up for DGW 32 and 35, then FH them all out and get the 'perfect team' for 33.

Just a thought for me at the moment, doesn't change my strategy of building to 31. Will decide in 32 if it's a FH or a WC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

Word of warning for any Shaw owners.
    And i think he should be off limits to buy now.

This is probably be common knowledge but he's sitting on 9 yellows. One more yellow and that'll be a 2 game suspension that'll have to be served in the league.

If he gets booked in GW30.

With United blanking in GW31, Shaw would miss both games in DGW32.

With United also blanking in GW33
    If he gets booked in one of the DGW 32 fixtueres, depending on which game, he could miss the second GW32 fixture through suspension.
    Gw33 blanking
    GW 34 suspension.

If he survives until GW 34 without getting booked but gets booked in GW34 he'd then miss the DGW35 fixtures.

Possibly so, but the FH in 32 means your 'Real team' comes back in 33 and by the time you WC in 34 the players for the rest of the season could be more expensive.

You should be able to get City and United players on wildcard at their cheapest price in 32 and set you up for DGW 32 and 35, then FH them all out and get the 'perfect team' for 33.

Just a thought for me at the moment, doesn't change my strategy of building to 31. Will decide in 32 if it's a FH or a WC.

The more I think about it this is what I am going to do.

I have been building a team towards GW 31 so:

GW31: Field 8-9 players
    GW32: WC:Put out a full team of DGW'ers and 3 subs who will have DGW35
    GW33: FH- put out a 'perfect' starting 11
    GW34: Roll the transfer
    DGW35: Use 2 FTs to correct any mistakes/Injuries from 32 and play BB. Field close to 15 DGw'ers

I'll use the TC in 36-38

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

shineon23 wrote: »
    Word of warning for any Shaw owners.
    And i think he should be off limits to buy now.

This is probably be common knowledge but he's sitting on 9 yellows. One more yellow and that'll be a 2 game suspension that'll have to be served in the league.

If he gets booked in GW30.

With United blanking in GW31, Shaw would miss both games in DGW32.

With United also blanking in GW33
    If he gets booked in one of the DGW 32 fixtueres, depending on which game, he could miss the second GW32 fixture through suspension.
    Gw33 blanking
    GW 34 suspension.

If he survives until GW 34 without getting booked but gets booked in GW34 he'd then miss the DGW35 fixtures.

What about when he doesn't get booked and scores a goal and cleanie in each game? :pac:

But he had crossed my mind to be honest!

• Advertisement

Is there any reason for the delay in refixing games? I mean, surely Brighton v Chelsea is being played midweek of GW32 regardless of the FA Cup results? It's the obvious time if Brighton lose in the Cup but if they win they would be left with two unfixed games to be played between the last five already fixed league games which isn't a good situation. Same goes for Palace v Spurs and Watford v Sou. GW35 seems to be earmarked for rescheduled games from 33.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Is there any reason for the delay in refixing games? I mean, surely Brighton v Chelsea is being played midweek of GW32 regardless of the FA Cup results? It's the obvious time if Brighton lose in the Cup but if they win they would be left with two unfixed games to be played between the last five already fixed league games which isn't a good situation. Same goes for Palace v Spurs and Watford v Sou. GW35 seems to be earmarked for rescheduled games from 33.

One of the GW33 games has already been scheduled in for GW32, so it doesnt hold true that all GW33 games will go to 35.

There are many factors at play. TV will want their pick of games, so at the time Spurs were involved in the title race so TV may have wanted to have the Spurs v Palace game late in the season.

There is also the issue of when Spurs stadium will be ready. The 'delay' to GW35 might mean they can play it in their new stadium, as opposed to Wembley.

Brighton v Cardiff could actually end up in GW33 if Brighton lose in the cup, Man City win and Spurs stadium isn't ready!

Benimar wrote: »
    One of the GW33 games has already been scheduled in for GW32, so it doesnt hold true that all GW33 games will go to 35
    That is under different circumstances though. It was already known that Man Utd games in GW31 and 33 had to be rescheduled regardless of Cup results so they put them in GW32 and 35. Which game was played first didn't matter, obviously TV decided.

I seriously doubt Spurs new stadium is a consideration, the bloody thing mightnt be ready before the end of the season. Waiting until GW35 for the Spurs Palace game could backfire, if Spurs lose to City that weekend they won't be in a title race and that game could be a bit of a turkey. Spurs are probably pushing for that game to be played as early as possible as they have a CL qf to prepare for and won't want a backlog of PL fixtures around that time (they play Brighton in GW33 which may also have to be rescheduled).

Even if Brighton v Cardiff did get played in GW33, it doesn't prevent them from fixing Chelsea v Brighton. Anyway, I was just wondering what was preventing certain games from being fixed and the answer seems to be TV keeping their options open.

That is under different circumstances though. It was already known that Man Utd games in GW31 and 33 had to be rescheduled regardless of Cup results so they put them in GW32 and 35. Which game was played first didn't matter, obviously TV decided.

I seriously doubt Spurs new stadium is a consideration, the bloody thing mightnt be ready before the end of the season. Waiting until GW35 for the Spurs Palace game could backfire, if Spurs lose to City that weekend they won't be in a title race and that game could be a bit of a turkey. Spurs are probably pushing for that game to be played as early as possible as they have a CL qf to prepare for and won't want a backlog of PL fixtures around that time (they play Brighton in GW33 which may also have to be rescheduled).

Even if Brighton v Cardiff did get played in GW33, it doesn't prevent them from fixing Chelsea v Brighton. Anyway, I was just wondering what was preventing certain games from being fixed and the answer seems to be TV keeping their options open.

Its a massive consideration. They cannot have their first game as a night game, it HAS to be a day game. Therefore Spurs v Palace would have to be played at Wembley if in GW32. If Spurs think they can have their ground open by the start of April (the latest is that they expect it to be ready) they may want to wait and play the game at their (real) home ground.

Its a massive consideration. They cannot have their first game as a night game, it HAS to be a day game. Therefore Spurs v Palace would have to be played at Wembley if in GW32. If Spurs think they can have their ground open by the start of April (the latest is that they expect it to be ready) they may want to wait and play the game at their (real) home ground.
    Spurs thought the stadium would be ready six months ago! I doubt the Premier League will be hanging around with fixtures just to allow Spurs play a game in a stadium which should have been finished months ago. What if they miss another deadline and there is a fixture backlog? The PL and more importantly, the TV companies need clarity on these things well in advance. Where Spurs actually play the game will be well down their list of concerns.

If Spurs can't play the game in WHL, it is their problem, not the leagues. As I said, they already have two midweek European fixtures next month and will be hoping for more, it is in their interests to to get games played rather than having to play two extra games in the last four weeks of the season.

Spurs thought the stadium would be ready six months ago! I doubt the Premier League will be hanging around with fixtures just to allow Spurs play a game in a stadium which should have been finished months ago. What if they miss another deadline and there is a fixture backlog? The PL and more importantly, the TV companies need clarity on these things well in advance. Where Spurs actually play the game will be well down their list of concerns.

If Spurs can't play the game in WHL, it is their problem, not the leagues. As I said, they already have two midweek European fixtures next month and will be hoping for more, it is in their interests to to get games played rather than having to play two extra games in the last four weeks of the season.

The FA are breaching their own rules by allowing Spurs to play at two stadia, so I can't see how allowing them a bit of extra time to decide where the Palace game is the be played should surprise anyone! It appears from comments today that the ground will be open in early April anyway.

Spurs will have a double in GW32 IF Brighton lose in the cup. If not they only have one game that needs rescheduling, so could easily go into GW35.

With the break between GW31 and 32, clubs/fans/tv companies etc will still have over 2 weeks notice of any fixture change.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Looking like 8 for GW 31 and 9/10 for GW33. I'm not including Puncheon as I doubt he'll see minutes. I could bring in another player for GW33 to make 10/11 but think I'll bank so I can bring back City assets.

Boruc
    Roberston Pereira (AWB - if Palace lose) (Bednerak)
    Salah Hazard Maddison
    Vardy King

Anyone going with less than 8?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

sheroman01 wrote: »
    Looking like 8 for GW 31 and 9/10 for GW33. I'm not including Puncheon as I doubt he'll see minutes. I could bring in another player for GW33 to make 10/11 but think I'll bank so I can bring back City assets.

Boruc
    Roberston Pereira (AWB - if Palace lose) (Bednerak)
    Salah Hazard Maddison
    Vardy King

Anyone going with less than 8?

Possibly, I'm coming around to not free hitting in GW31.

The more I look at my team, I think i can get away with not free hitting in GW31. The delay in DGW32 fixtures being announced is causing me to not jump into any moves on potential DGWers.

If I don't free hit
    I currently have 4, and I can get 7 players for 'no additional hits' with my 3 free transfers prior to GW31

Lossl
    TAA-Luiz*-Diop
    Salah-Mane*
    Higuain*

*upcoming transfers in GW30 and GW31

I could go a -4 for Brooks in GW31 to leave me with 8 players.

In this instance I don't think the free hit is worth wasting on 3 players I have no interest in owning in any other gameweek.

This would allow me to load up on 11 DGWers in 32 with my free hit, which seems to be the preferred tactic for many.
    (I had hoped I'd be able to get near 11 DGWers 'naturally' in GW32 but I'm no longer sure with no firm fixtures yet.)
    Play with whatever I have in GW33.
    WC in GW34.
    BB in GW35.

Spurs v Palace will be played in GW32 at their new stadium IF Brighton reach the cup semi final. If not the Spurs v Palace game will be in GW35.

Spurs want a game at home before the CL QF, so Palace appears to have agreed to help out, but only if the Spurs v Brighton game in GW33 has to be postponed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Spurs v Palace will be played in GW32 at their new stadium IF Brighton reach the cup semi final. If not the Spurs v Palace game will be in GW35.

Spurs want a game at home before the CL QF, so Palace appears to have agreed to help out, but only if the Spurs v Brighton game in GW33 has to be postponed.

So Palace could have a DGW involving Huddersfield at home?

Fetch the glue!

Muahahahahahahahahahahahha :cool:

Advertisement