Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭basillarkin

shineon23 wrote: »
    Possibly, I'm coming around to not free hitting in GW31.

The more I look at my team, I think i can get away with not free hitting in GW31. The delay in DGW32 fixtures being announced is causing me to not jump into any moves on potential DGWers.

If I don't free hit
    I currently have 4, and I can get 7 players for 'no additional hits' with my 3 free transfers prior to GW31

Lossl
    TAA-Luiz*-Diop
    Salah-Mane*
    Higuain*

*upcoming transfers in GW30 and GW31

I could go a -4 for Brooks in GW31 to leave me with 8 players.

In this instance I don't think the free hit is worth wasting on 3 players I have no interest in owning in any other gameweek.

This would allow me to load up on 11 DGWers in 32 with my free hit, which seems to be the preferred tactic for many.
    (I had hoped I'd be able to get near 11 DGWers 'naturally' in GW32 but I'm no longer sure with no firm fixtures yet.)
    Play with whatever I have in GW33.
    WC in GW34.
    BB in GW35.

have you used yout TC

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

have you used yout TC

Yes, Aguero in DGW25.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Rather than the usual complaint of over thinking things I’ve given no thought no the DGW planning and am now having to rush into it.

Tempted by:
    GW 31: 9 players - sell Aguero
    GW 32: FH - load up on City
    GW 33: hope
    GW 34: Wildcard
    GW 35: TC or BB

That leaves me 1 chip left over. Could BB this week with Fraser (hud), AWB (Bri), + maybe Fabianski (car), Yedlin (Eve).

How does that look?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Sorry if this has been answered already but when will game week 32 schedule be finalised or have i missed something and it already has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

GetWithIt wrote: »
    Rather than the usual complaint of over thinking things I’ve given no thought no the DGW planning and am now having to rush into it.

Tempted by:

That leaves me 1 chip left over. Could BB this week with Fraser (hud), AWB (Bri), + maybe Fabianski (car), Yedlin (Eve).

How does that look?

I think you look pretty set. The wildcard will give you a get out clause

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Haven't been on boards in ages due to my awful rank, but now trying to put together a plan last min. Is it just me or is this much more confusing than ever?

Looks like i'll free hit gw31, although I've all chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,886 ✭✭✭stephenl15

GW31 FH
    32 TC - 6 dgws currently plus 1-2 transfers. Still carrying 2 non playing players - Ward and Button which is annoying
    33 Wing it
    34 WC
    35 BB

I think I'm gonna lose a transfer as there's nothing I can do for 30 that will improve both my 30 and 32 teams. For example if I sell Jiminez for Barnes, I lose a dgwer in 32, but good fixture for 30

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

stephenl15 wrote: »
    GW31 FH
    32 TC - 6 dgws currently plus 1-2 transfers. Still carrying 2 non playing players - Ward and Button which is annoying
    33 Wing it
    34 WC
    35 BB

I think I'm gonna lose a transfer as there's nothing I can do for 30 that will improve both my 30 and 32 teams. For example if I sell Jiminez for Barnes, I lose a dgwer in 32, but good fixture for 30

If you've a spare transfer why not move Button or Ward to a starter.

Boruc (4.0)or Guita(4.2) seem slight gambles to me, Gunn (4.3) seems nailed now.

But there are nailed on cheapies available in defence. Assuming its Ward from Palace or Burnley you have.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Tempted by:

How does that look?

I've been taking the head in sand approach. Figured have my chips will jus wait and see what happens. Field a decent team in 31 and then just figure it out from there. Until the fixtures are on the fixture list not going to speculate on when the games will be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

I have 7 starters and 2 FT for next week
    I am getting more and more tempted to get hazard instead of mane.............

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Tempted by:

How does that look?

I still think you'd be better off WC in 32 and FH in 33.

Your WC 32 team should set you up almost perfectly for 35 (and if not you have an extra transfer to use up in 34/35).
    This also means you don't have to 'Hope' in 33 as you can field a perfect FH team.

I'm struggling to see the disadvantage of WC32+ FH 33 over FH32 + WC 34.

I still think you'd be better off WC in 32 and FH in 33.

Your WC 32 team should set you up almost perfectly for 35 (and if not you have an extra transfer to use up in 34/35).
    This also means you don't have to 'Hope' in 33 as you can field a perfect FH team.

I'm struggling to see the disadvantage of WC32+ FH 33 over FH32 + WC 34.

It's probably best to keep both in mind just in case they drop some fixtures surprises on us! I'm going to do one of those things but not sure which yet. Given what we suspect will happen I think 32wc does look good but history has taught us it's best to wait as long as possible to play your WC fpl has that habit of punishing those that try plan too far ahead!

jimmii wrote: »
    It's probably best to keep both in mind just in case they drop some fixtures surprises on us! I'm going to do one of those things but not sure which yet.

Absolutely, I am hoping the DGW 32 and 35 fixtures will become clearer after 31, however another advantage of WC is 32 is the 2 week break. That gives a little chance to gain some value on players. Hopefully by the end of the wildcard window the DGW Fixtures will have been fixed

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

I've been taking the head in sand approach. Figured have my chips will jus wait and see what happens. Field a decent team in 31 and then just figure it out from there. Until the fixtures are on the fixture list not going to speculate on when the games will be!

This is me as well! Zero planning and just taking every week as it comes. Will probably have FH next week though which, tbf, was the only thing that I had kinda settled on anyway initially. :)

Wilberto wrote: »
    This is me as well! Zero planning and just taking every week as it comes. Will probably have FH next week though which, tbf, was the only thing that I had kinda settled on anyway initially. :)

Glad I'm not the only one :pac: I'll worry about it all once the fixtures are official. While we have a good idea of where it's likely to fit together until its actually on the fixture list we don't know for sure! What I'd really like is for a random fixture to slide into an unexpected week so we have an extra skinny dgw that would be handy!

Glad I'm not the only one :pac: I'll worry about it all once the fixtures are official. While we have a good idea of where it's likely to fit together until its actually on the fixture list we don't know for sure! What I'd really like is for a random fixture to slide into an unexpected week so we have an extra skinny dgw that would be handy!

There's usually a sneaky double in 37, I'm hoping so to use my TC effectively.

That's what I'm hoping for too! Be nice if we get treated to a heavy hitter vs two obliging defences!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Problem with a double that late is a lot of teams have nothing to play for and use the games to give squad players games. It can be a minefield.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Are Man City and Chelsea both likely to have a dgw32? And Palace also?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

manual_man wrote: »
    Are Man City and Chelsea both likely to have a dgw32? And Palace also?

City will if they beat Swansea in the cup. Chelsea should do but not confirmed. Palace will only if Brighton beat Millwall in the cup (don’t ask!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,062 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Best week to wildcard lads? Thinking 32?

eh i dunno wrote: »
    Best week to wildcard lads? Thinking 32?

Right now theres a split between those that are planning a 32 and 34 WC. I'm hoping to wait for the fixtures before deciding what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,343 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Absolute panic stations with only my Free Hit left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

Absolute panic stations with only my Free Hit left

I've worked towards dead ending now at GW31, full team available to me, but the problem is in the mean-time I've shifted out players who have since performed and banged points and dropping me outside the top 100k OR now due to hit, hopefully can see a few green arrows again.

I'll be WC'ing for 32 then and winging it literally for the following blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,532 ✭✭✭touts

Right now theres a split between those that are planning a 32 and 34 WC. I'm hoping to wait for the fixtures before deciding what happens.

When will they announce the fixtures. Surely there must be a cutoff coming up soon to get things organised in terms of stadia, stewards, transport, policing etc for week 32.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

touts wrote: »
    When will they announce the fixtures. Surely there must be a cutoff coming up soon to get things organised in terms of stadia, stewards, transport, policing etc for week 32.

They don't have to before GW31 starts. Could be after.

touts wrote: »

Because of the international break means in fpl terms we don't have as much notice as we normally would. Next Monday or Tuesday seems likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

is there a list of the games for GW 33 ? 30 pages is a lot to go through :-)

Edit.... found it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

Have all my chips left and wildcard aswell

Would it be best to use the Free hit this weekend in order to field a full team?

Also I can only see 2 double gameweeks (32 and 35) but both only consist of 2 teams playing twice.

Can anyone advise on when would be best time to use Free hit, bench boost and TC? And wildcard

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Have all my chips left and wildcard aswell

Would it be best to use the Free hit this weekend in order to field a full team?

Also I can only see 2 double gameweeks (32 and 35) but both only consist of 2 teams playing twice.

Can anyone advise on when would be best time to use Free hit, bench boost and TC? And wildcard

How many GW31 players do you have?

Some fixtures havn't been officially moved yet.

Advertisement