Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Blanco100

dsmythy wrote: »
    How many GW31 players do you have?

Some fixtures havn't been officially moved yet.

I've gone ahead and used my free hit this week, feck it.

Still have bench boost and triple captain along with wildcard so should be ok I reckon, plenty of options left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭tailgunner

Blanco100 wrote: »
    Have all my chips left and wildcard aswell

Would it be best to use the Free hit this weekend in order to field a full team?

Also I can only see 2 double gameweeks (32 and 35) but both only consist of 2 teams playing twice.

Can anyone advise on when would be best time to use Free hit, bench boost and TC? And wildcard

It really depends on how your current team is set up. Most people are doing one of the following:

If you can field 8 or 9 players this week, save the FH for 32. There will be more doubles announced. Also if you can field a half-decent team this week, you'll likely be okay for the blanks in 33 as well. WC in 34. BB in 35. TC whenever.

If you're badly stuck this week, play the FH. It probably means you're in much better shape for 32 (could be a good week to TC). Hope for the best in 33. WC/BB as above.

Lots of other options though, so it's worth reading back through the thread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is it just me or is the whole Blanks & DGW scenario very complicated this year compared to recent seasons???

Haven't a clue what I'm doing at all yet.

Possibly going to have 8 or 9 for GW31 due Lascelles (knee) and Anderson(total loss of talent) probably not featuring.

Leaning towards WC then in GW32, followed by FH in 33, then BB for GW35

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Is it just me or is the whole Blanks & DGW scenario very complicated this year compared to recent seasons???

Haven't a clue what I'm doing at all yet.

Possibly going to have 8 or 9 for GW31 due Lascelles (knee) and Anderson(total loss of talent) probably not featuring.

Leaning towards WC then in GW32, followed by FH in 33, then BB for GW35

Lascelles trained yesterday

• Registered Users Posts: 1,353 ✭✭✭MR NINE

When can we expect confirmation of a dgw 32? It seems very soon to be playing fixtures that haven't been scheduled yet, is it due to be announced once the fa cup quarters have been played?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 42,148 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

MR NINE wrote: »
    When can we expect confirmation of a dgw 32? It seems very soon to be playing fixtures that haven't been scheduled yet, is it due to be announced once the fa cup quarters have been played?

Yeah once the quarters are done. Should be announced on Monday or Tuesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

My squad actually all have pretty good fixtures next week but very few doubles .
    I wonder ........

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

km79 wrote: »
    My squad actually all have pretty good fixtures next week but very few doubles .
    I wonder ........

BB?

BB?

Yes .........would need to sign a keeper though
    Im not ruling it out though
    My squad is in rag order for 35 so FH May be better then but pool have Cardiff away......

City not having the DGW next week would make it even more tempting

TC was strongly under consideration too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

Am I right in thinking that Watford will likely now have a DGW of Hud and Fulham in 35 (assuming their Sou game is played in DGW32)? That would be tasty if it came to pass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Pete_Cavan wrote: »
    Am I right in thinking that Watford will likely now have a DGW of Hud and Fulham in 35 (assuming their Sou game is played in DGW32)? That would be tasty if it came to pass.

I'd say Watford will be going gung ho for fa cup particularly if they can avoid man city in the semi final.

Be careful they don't just rest up players

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,010 ✭✭✭Pete_Cavan

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    I'd say Watford will be going gung ho for fa cup particularly if they can avoid man city in the semi final.

Be careful they don't just rest up players
    True but they could be out of the cup by GW35 and playing two teams already relegated at that point. Won't be going near them until GW35 and only under favourable circumstances anyway.

http://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1107324059782647809

Spurs DGW 32 confirmed
    Liverpool away
    Palace home

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,974 ✭✭✭Trimm Trabb

km79 wrote: »
    http://twitter.com/SpursOfficial/status/1107324059782647809

Spurs DGW 32 confirmed
    Liverpool away
    Palace home

Harry Kane is tempting with that Palace game at the new stadium - they will want to get off to a good start there and Arry should be even more desperate than usual to score.

Really looking forward to dropping this FH chip.

Harry Kane is tempting with that Palace game at the new stadium - they will want to get off to a good start there and Arry should be even more desperate than usual to score.

Really looking forward to dropping this FH chip.
    Especially with no salah hogging the funds

Decided on a strategy a few weeks ago (possibly robbed from someone here I think).....

build towards the blanks this week which has been mildly ok I think (40 points), then Wildcard with DGW 32 and 35 in mind, FH in GW 33 then fine tune the squad for BB in GW35.

Is this still a viable option?? Any feedback appreciated...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Decided on a strategy a few weeks ago (possibly robbed from someone here I think).....

build towards the blanks this week which has been mildly ok I think (40 points), then Wildcard with DGW 32 and 35 in mind, FH in GW 33 then fine tune the squad for BB in GW35.

Is this still a viable option?? Any feedback appreciated...

Would a FH in 33 see u change your team alot from what it is?

naughtb4 wrote: »
    Would a FH in 33 see u change your team alot from what it is?

I'm actually not sure tbh....have really taken my eye off the ball in the last few weeks.

Must have a proper flute around with that excel sheet when I get a chance

• Registered Users Posts: 4,683 ✭✭✭sheroman01

I know in the plan we have Man City vs Cardiff for DGW32, is this still likely?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

sheroman01 wrote: »

Impossible to see it be any other time tbh.

If City beat Spurs in CL, that’s the only available spot for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

sheroman01 wrote: »

there's nowhere else for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Need to decide on the WC Vs Free Hit question

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭POKERKING

SlickRic wrote: »
    there's nowhere else for it.

Pretty much, think i read if they get to semis of cl they go a game every three days til season ends.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

In light of the confirmed fixtures, see attached.

Best of luck to anyone without a FH/WC :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Duffy(c) GW34

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,569 ✭✭✭mugsymugsy

Duffy(TC) GW34

edited that for you!

mugsymugsy wrote: »
    edited that for you!

Ha if I wasn't wildcarding then, I'd be tempted!

Hazard will face the #1 (BRI - 9) and #2 (CAR - 7) teams in terms of penalties conceded this year...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Hazard will face the #1 (BRI - 9) and #2 (CAR - 7) teams in terms of penalties conceded this year...

He's definitely tempting as a TC option. Brighton may also not put out a full strength team since their FA cup semi is less than 3 days later

Advertisement