Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭Dearg81

32 definitely makes more sense to free hit in assuming the majority of doubles are played then. Everyone is going to have a similar 6 or 7 players in 31 if it's just 4 fixtures with Salah as captain so the free hit will be for a couple of players from the likes of Leicester, Bournemouth West Ham which seems like a bit of a waste to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

I’ve burned my free hit and wildcard. The sensible thing to do I think is just field 7-8 players in 31 and hope I don’t suffer too much in the rankings that week. Then hopefully make good ground in subsequent weeks with BB and TC still to use

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

km79 wrote: »
    But when do we BB and TC then ......

TC most likely in DGW35 for me. No matter the strategy there is a sacrifice to be made somewhere.

Most strategies from here will require either BB or TC to be used in a DGW. The most valuable chip after wildcard is the free hit IMO, and the most over rated in Bench Boost. I'm planning to bench boost sometime between 28 and 30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

This is actually one of the most interesting strategies I've seen outside of the pretty template FH32, WC34, BB35 plan actually.

If I hadn't already activate my wildcard this week I'd be giving this serious consideration.

https://twitter.com/DavidMunday815/status/1096858809451102208?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I agree it's better to use in a DGW that a BGW, but any logic to why you're picking to use it in DGW32 over DGW35?

Well it looks like it this year wrt GW31 but maybe BGW33 will be free-hittable?
    FHing between the blanks minimizes planning and allows for a late WC but maybe a plan WCing into DGW32 say and FHing GW33 could be better.

I'm beaten to it.

I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

• Advertisement

Guys, how early or late will the DGW32 fixtures be confirmed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

ElTel wrote: »
    Well it looks like it this year wrt GW31 but maybe BGW33 will be free-hittable?
    FHing between the blanks minimizes planning and allows for a late WC but maybe a plan WCing into DGW32 say and FHing GW33 could be better.

I'm beaten to it.

I'm not sure what I'll do yet.

I'm sure what I'll do. I'll become paralysed by indecision and not make another transfer until GW 31

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Ya I think after seeing some comments it’d be a waste to use the FH on GW31. Will probably just stick with the template idea of get to 7/8 lads for GW31 and then FH the following week and then wildcard in 34 with BB in 35.

Ya I think after seeing some comments it’d be a waste to use the FH on GW31. Will probably just stick with the template idea of get to 7/8 lads for GW31 and then FH the following week and then wildcard in 34 with BB in 35.

It's unfair to say it's wasteful to FH31. The "tide" is telling many of us this because WHU, Leic, New assets are desirable given their fixtures before their game in the blank but we'd be removing players who DGW32. Many current squads could be close to what's needed in 32.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,127 ✭✭✭The real mccoy 91

FHFC wrote: »
    This is actually one of the most interesting strategies I've seen outside of the pretty template FH32, WC34, BB35 plan actually.

If I hadn't already activate my wildcard this week I'd be giving this serious consideration.

https://twitter.com/DavidMunday815/status/1096858809451102208?s=19

I really like the idea of this think I could be on board could get to 11 starters for 31 if going with this plan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

A cartman spreadsheet would be much appreciated before the next deadline !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

I'm pretty set on riding the tide of GW31.

It's only whether I FH or WC in 32. Leaning towards FH.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

So the way I see it for us with all chips left are 2 options below. Or is there a better option?
    Option 1
    BGW31 - build to 7-9 players
    DGW32 - WC
    BGW33 - FH
    DGW35 - BB
    TC on single GW then

Option 2
    BGW31 - FH
    DGW32 - TC
    GW34 - WC
    DGW35 - BB

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

SlickRic wrote: »
    I'm pretty set on riding the tide of GW31.

It's only whether I FH or WC in 32. Leaning towards FH.

GW31 is going to be the same team for the majority of players and gaining huge points that week by fielding 11 isn't even nailed on with the teams that are playing.

I'm dead ending to GW31 then WCing in DGW32.

BB will be used in DGW35.

I have no FH or TC left but both worked out nicely in first half of season when used so not too disappointing. Main rivals in ML in the same boat.

And just try my best for BGW33! :rolleyes:

Let the fun begin!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

The thing is that by using FH in 31 you can still build towards a good team of DGWers in 32.

So the argument that FH in 31 won't make ground on those not using it (due to those not using it having Salah captain and 7 or 8 of the same players) could stand for GW32 - those using FH in GW 32 may not make much on me if I've loaded my team full of DGWers in advacnce (knowing that I don't have to worry about 31).

This means I can mostly play my game as I want to in 27-30 as I'm not going to be stuck bringing in players from GW31 who won't be desirable.

I definitely appreciate the alternate perspective however.

I do think it depends a lot on what your team looks like right now.

If you have Salah, Mane, Robbo and a couple of WH then I definitely see how FH31 doesn't look very desirable.

If you have very few 31ers (for example I only have Salah, Fab, Diop, Schindler), then building towards a decent 31 looks tough and means definitely sacrificing the next few GW transfers.

So for me and my team I'm still fairly set on FH 31.

What I'm a bit more worried about now is GW33, which I initially thought I could "ride out" but could easily be another big blank now. I suppose the FA Cup draw might inform this a bit, but this might cause me to reassess my current plan.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,885 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Gonna take a few -8 or even -12 over the next few weeks and get 16 gw31 players, then BB. Catch all you MF's out cold. Booom!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,317 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

shmeee wrote: »
    GW31 is going to be the same team for the majority of players and gaining huge points that week by fielding 11 isn't even nailed on with the teams that are playing.

I'm dead ending to GW31 then WCing in DGW32.

BB will be used in DGW35.

I have no FH or TC left but both worked out nicely in first half of season when used so not too disappointing. Main rivals in ML in the same boat.

And just try my best for BGW33! :rolleyes:

Let the fun begin!

I might even save the FH until GW38. How I've always wanted to be in a position to do that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My team is very well setup for the DGW but awful for BGW

Doing nothing, I'll have 5 for the BGW31 : Fabianski, TAA, Salah, Nasri, Firmino

But then for DGW32 I'll have (bold for DGW)
    Fabianski Guyata
    Lindelof
    TAA Kolasinac Doherty AWB
    Salah Pogba Son Sterling Nasri
    Firmino Rashford Niasse

Hopefully then BGW33 can't be as bad, seeing as half the teams would be out of the cup. So, kinda tempted to use the Free Hit on the BGW31

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Doing nothing, I'll have 5 for the BGW31 : Fabianski, TAA, Salah, Nasri, Firmino

Fabianski Guyata
    Lindelof
    Firmino Rashford Niasse

Hopefully then BGW33 can't be as bad, seeing as half the teams would be out of the cup. So, kinda tempted to use the Free Hit on the BGW31

I think the game tonight and the draw should have a massive role in determining what way people go

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Fabianski Guyata
    Lindelof
    Firmino Rashford Niasse

Similar situation to me - I really don't think there's any one correct answer.

If your team looks bad for GW31 and good for GW32, use FH in 31.

If your team looks good for GW31, then use FH in 32.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,931 ✭✭✭shmeee

naughtb4 wrote: »
    I think the game tonight and the draw should have a massive role in determining what way people go

Correct, impossible to nail in on a strategy until later tonight.

And least we will have a few definite answers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

naughtb4 wrote: »

To an extent. There are only 2 teams from other leagues left. They'll either be drawn against each other or not. You could almost consider your two strategies now. Even big teams drawn together or not uncertainty for gw33 remains.

A united win tonight would leave open the possibility of gw 32 FH
    It would also make bgw 33 easier to navigate
    I’d be moving ahead with west ham players this week
    Which is ideal given their fixture

A Chelsea win and my head is wrecked

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,820 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Be no Chelsea win tonight....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I think ***** Richarlison is going to be in my team till the end of the year at this rate

So now we all keep digne and Ricky LOL

That’s still ****s up my transfer plans as both were going for diff players with games in 31

Aaaagghhh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭skippy15

Going have look at this draw, but looks like a FH in 31 with and allow me to build up to BB in 32, mmm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,760 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Wolves v Man Utd will be a blank in GW33.
    Either Watford v Fulham or Newcastle v Palace will also blank.
    City v Cardiff and Spurs v Brighton also possibilities for a blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Mr. Guappa wrote: »
    Wolves v Man Utd will be a blank in GW33.
    Either Watford v Fulham or Newcastle v Palace will also blank.
    City v Cardiff and Spurs v Brighton also possibilities for a blank.

Fair chance of 4 blanks in Gw33 so.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »
    Fair chance of 4 blanks in Gw33 so.

FH in BGW33 could appeal to squads full of Wolves/Utd assests who have risen in price.

Advertisement