Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek/Blank Gameweek Planning - FPL 2018/2019

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

I've decided to go with FH in 32 and wildcard in 34.

Time to start off loading my Fringe blankers in 31 (Gunarrsson (Cardiff) Bednarek (Southampton) and Button (Brighton) for a start) and then Wolves players before 31.
    Looking at getting in Leicester/Bournemouth/Burnley replacements in the short term.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

I can see the reasoning for a free hit in GW32, but for me GW31 still seems like the most obvious for Free Hitting.

If I build my 'normal team' for GW31 to get as many as possible playing.
    My team will have players I don't want, if I was to free hit in GW 32 I'd be carrying these players (that I don't want from GW31 on through) until GW33 and may lose value on them in this time.

If the games from GW31 are rearranged for GW32
    Chelsea may have a double in 32 and a game in 33
    Arsenal may have a double in 32 and a game in 33
    Southampton may have a double in 32 and will have a game in 33
    Liverpool have a single game in 32 and will have a game in 33

Building for the potential DGW 32 is the way I'm going with week by week transfers.

I'm thinking out loud here:

I currently have 3 players for GW31
    Salah, Diop, Lossl. 4 if I buy McNeil this week
    So for me the Free Hit is worth filling up my squad with 7/8 players for one week only that I won't want again.

As it stands for Blank GW 33
    I can currently field 7 players and I can add in a 2/3 of Chelsea players in the next few weeks,
    Potential GW33 Team:
    Lossl
    Bednarek-Diop-Kolasinac
    Salah-(1 Budget MF spot Selling Richarlison for Maitland-Niles or McNeil this week)
    Auba

In building toward DGW32 : Buying 2 of Alonso, Luiz, Hazard Higuain brings me up to 9 players for GW33
    Then an additional Liverpool or Leicester player would bring me up to 10 or 11

For the potential DGW 32 I currently have:
    11 potential DGWers plus Salah.
    (Without bringing any Chelsea players in which I think I will be doing)

Ederson

Bednarek-Doherty-Kolasinac

Salah-Son- Pogba-Cammarasa-(1 Budget MF spot Selling Richarlison for Maitland-Niles or McNeil this week)

Jiminez-Auba-Aguero

Other consideration: Brighton may have 3 DGWs so the likes of Ryan, Duffy, Gross and Murray could come into my thinking.

For some FH GW32 may be an option but I don't see the point in me ripping my team apart to get players in bit by bit for GW31 only to Free Hit to get some of my current back in for the potential double GW32.

fpl.png

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

shineon23 wrote: »
    I can see the reasoning for a free hit in GW32, but for me GW31 still seems like the most obvious for Free Hitting.

If I build my 'normal team' for GW31 to get as many as possible playing.
    My team will have players I don't want, if I was to free hit in GW 32 I'd be carrying these players (that I don't want from GW31 on through) until GW33 and may lose value on them in this time.

If the games from GW31 are rearranged for GW32
    Chelsea may have a double in 32 and a game in 33
    Arsenal may have a double in 32 and a game in 33
    Southampton may have a double in 32 and will have a game in 33
    Liverpool have a single game in 32 and will have a game in 33

Building for the potential DGW 32 is the way I'm going with week by week transfers.

I'm thinking out loud here:

I currently have 3 players for GW31
    Salah, Diop, Lossl. 4 if I buy McNeil this week
    So for me the Free Hit is worth filling up my squad with 7/8 players for one week only that I won't want again.

As it stands for Blank GW 33
    I can currently field 7 players and I can add in a 2/3 of Chelsea players in the next few weeks,
    Potential GW33 Team:
    Lossl
    Bednarek-Diop-Kolasinac
    Salah-(1 Budget MF spot Selling Richarlison for Maitland-Niles or McNeil this week)
    Auba

In building toward DGW32 : Buying 2 of Alonso, Luiz, Hazard Higuain brings me up to 9 players for GW33
    Then an additional Liverpool or Leicester player would bring me up to 10 or 11

For the potential DGW 32 I currently have:
    11 potential DGWers plus Salah.
    (Without bringing any Chelsea players in which I think I will be doing)

Ederson

Bednarek-Doherty-Kolasinac

Salah-Son- Pogba-Cammarasa-(1 Budget MF spot Selling Richarlison for Maitland-Niles or McNeil this week)

Jiminez-Auba-Aguero

Other consideration: Brighton may have 3 DGWs so the likes of Ryan, Duffy, Gross and Murray could come into my thinking.

For some FH GW32 may be an option but I don't see the point in me ripping my team apart to get players in bit by bit for GW31 only to Free Hit to get some of my current back in for the potential double GW32.

fpl.png

I can see your reasoning but the biggest flaw in that is Chelsea players and the lack of Liverpool. Do you really want Chelsea players from now on & most likely to occupy your premium positions in your squad as they don’t come cheap?

Chesty08 wrote: »
    I can see your reasoning but the biggest flaw in that is Chelsea players and the lack of Liverpool. Do you really want Chelsea players from now on & most likely to occupy your premium positions in your squad as they don’t come cheap?

I can get a second Liverpool player in fairly easily, I'm eying up a defender but I don't to get burned by TAA for a third time. Them not keeping many clean sheets recently is allowing me to get away with Salah only.
    I can't see much value doubling up with Salah and one of Mane or Firmino as opposed to getting attacking cover from other top 6 clubs.

and I don't have any Chelsea players YET, but I think that'll change. Hazard in a double GW is hard to ignore no matter how much of a troll he can be and I'll have a soft spot for the Argentine Andy Carroll (Higuain) :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,254 ✭✭✭✭km79

shineon23 wrote: »
    I can get a second Liverpool player in fairly easily, I'm eying up a defender but I don't to get burned by TAA for a third time. Them not keeping many clean sheets recently is allowing me to get away with Salah only.
    I can't see much value doubling up with Salah and one of Mane or Firmino as opposed to getting attacking cover from other top 6 clubs.

and I don't have any Chelsea players YET, but I think that'll change. Hazard in a double GW is hard to ignore no matter how much of a troll he can be and I'll have a soft spot for the Argentine Andy Carroll (Higuain) :p

Hazard should be nowhere near anyone’s team
    Unless he gets Sarri fired before he gets his move to Madrid

My head is fried now anyway
    I’ve 5 players between wolves and united

• Advertisement

km79 wrote: »
    Hazard should be nowhere near anyone’s team
    Unless he gets Sarri fired before he gets his move to Madrid

My head is fried now anyway
    I’ve 5 players between wolves and united

I dont have Hazard but as well as trolling us indefinitely as he has been for weeks at a time this is season but he is capable of big hauls.

He did score 15 points in GW25, not too long ago at all, if I was chasing rivals going into a Chelsea double gameweek he'd be in my thoughts.

Im sorry i even mentioned Chelsea :P , that was a very small bit of my thinking going forward. I have 11 potential double gameweek without them but i think disregarding Chelsea and Hazard going into a double is a mistake.

As in hindsight, it was a mistake to not consider Aguero going into DGW 25

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,651 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Still think I'm going to get rid of Ricky and Digne, it's not like their 31 and 33 fixtures are any good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,127 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

Shineon I am guessing you don’t have your Wildcard left?
    Your strategy makes sense if so, I personally plan to Wildcard straight after FH in 32.
    I don’t see too much value in a FH in a skinny game week compared to a double. I can get by until 31 by swapping in fringe players and subs with a game in 31 and I’m happy enough to just field 7or 8.
    I have FH, BB, WC and TC all still to play.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Quite like Chelsea going through, gives an extra few options for fh31. Hazard for sure, higuain maybe if he looks in form. Alonso / Digne as outside shouts. Siggy posdibly if Chelsea still look poor.

Posdible team:

Fabianski

Robbo
    Ake
    Cresswell

Fraser
    Hazard
    Mane
    Salah (c)
    Anderson

2 of King/Wood/Higuain/Arnie / Vardy (whoever's in form)

I definitely think with the fixtures there and with the proven assets available (even if they are smaller clubs) there's potential for a decent score there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭galwaylad14

Is it kind of the case that as of right now your team is kind of either set up for either the skinny week 31 or the double week 32?

As in if you don’t have many players right now for 31 (I have 3) then it automatically means you should have close to a full team with doubles in 32.

So surely this should just decide your strategy? If you only have a few players for 31 then use your transfers before then to build for 32 and FH in 31. If right now you have 5/6 for 31 then use next few transfers to build for 31 and FH in 32.

Chelsea being available in 31 makes FH there a lot more attractive I feel as there’s Hazard for sure and possibly Higuain and a defender.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

From Free Hit to Bench Boost for DGW32!

Looking at my current team I have

DGW32:
    10 DGWer's plus 3 Liverpool, Digne (v West Ham) and Puncheon (v Crystal Palace).

Ideally I'll be lookign at moving on Speroni (Ryan) and Llorente (??) to have 10 DGWers I'd be happy with.

BGW31:
    5 players

BGW33
    7 players

I might then keep the Free Hit to DGW35.

Bench boost is gonna be a pain in the hole
    Wish I’d played it already

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

The bit that is moving me towards FH in 32 is 1) I have Hazard, Salah and Robbo and 2) I want Auba for 32 3) I have all the Chips

1) These are probably 3/5 largest potential points scorers in the week, and would be in my team FH or not for 31. Another Chelsea and Liverpool player in and I am happy enough (along with some dross - Barnes/Rondon for Kamara etc.)

2) I am currently rolling with no big hitters up front so Auba would be a two transfer move (and he appears the obvious captain choice of 32) - with the paucity of weeks, this feels like on transfer too many.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Right!
    Had a bit of time on my hands this morning, and was starting to get a headache working through my potential teams for the various blanks/doubles.

I decided to update Cartman's spreadsheet for the current year. All credit goes to him I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, I just find it easier to visualise each week especially when planning a wildcard.

Format remains the same as last year's, the player names don't have to be exact as long as the team codes are as that's how the vlookup works.

Any bugs/issues just let me know, I'll probably do a second update once the fixtures are finalised, this is just a first draft.

ScummyMan wrote: »
    Right!
    Had a bit of time on my hands this morning, and was starting to get a headache working through my potential teams for the various blanks/doubles.

I decided to update Cartman's spreadsheet for the current year. All credit goes to him I don't want to steal anyone's thunder, I just find it easier to visualise each week especially when planning a wildcard.

Format remains the same as last year's, the player names don't have to be exact as long as the team codes are as that's how the vlookup works.

Any bugs/issues just let me know, I'll probably do a second update once the fixtures are finalised, this is just a first draft.

Looks great thank you, it has already maybe changed my strategy :D

It might be worth shading each second gameweek, it makes it easier to identify doubles

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,520 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Remember about BGW31 those rolling out 11 players versus your 7-9 the only difference is they've added some 2 pointing turds to their team.

I can reach 11 no problem but not sure I want to even if I wildcarded after.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Porthallian

Anyone else already used the FH and the wildcard?
    No idea how to attack this upcoming schedule :(

Might just get in a few Newcastle and Leicester players and hope for the best!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,702 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

When are we expecting the re-arranged games to be announced officially?

Right!

God bless ye both
    To the bat cave

When are we expecting the re-arranged games to be announced officially?

I think Thursday or Friday was floating around

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Some serious thinking to be done between now and the GW27 deadline. I (like most others) have a decision to make about building a team for GW31 and using FH in GW32, or building for 32 and FH in 31.

I'm sort of on the cusp, having 6 GW31 players at present. However 2 of these are Digne and Richarlison, one of which I want to sell this week so I can field 11 players. If I keep both I'll have to sell Aguero, which doesn't appeal at all!

An advantage of building towards GW32 is that i could BB (which obviously can't be done if I FH). I'd have 12 DGWers and 3 Liverpool (home to Spurs). Even with a FH I'm not sure I could leave Salah (and maybe Robertson) out.

Benimar wrote: »
    Some serious thinking to be done between now and the GW27 deadline. I (like most others) have a decision to make about building a team for GW31 and using FH in GW32, or building for 32 and FH in 31.

I'm sort of on the cusp, having 6 GW31 players at present. However 2 of these are Digne and Richarlison, one of which I want to sell this week so I can field 11 players. If I keep both I'll have to sell Aguero, which doesn't appeal at all!

An advantage of building towards GW32 is that i could BB (which obviously can't be done if I FH). I'd have 12 DGWers and 3 Liverpool (home to Spurs). Even with a FH I'm not sure I could leave Salah (and maybe Robertson) out.

Similar to me
    2 ft this week
    Digne Ricky and possibly Alisson were to go for Perriera , Anderson and dubravnek

Not sure what I will do now
    Wary of falling into trap of holding out of form players for a game a month away .........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 907 ✭✭✭howareyakid

I think that overall the best strategy is to build a team for BGWs 31 and 33. FH in DGW32 and wildcard in 34 which will enable a TC/BB in DGW35.

I think it is possible to plan ahead for the blanks without greatly weakening your team. Free hitting in DGW32 is more appealing to me than using it during BGW31 to build a team which would be more than likely quite similar to the team that you would be building towards anyway, that's assuming you have 5/6 players who have fixtures in GW31 is your squad already.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

One additional wrinkle is that there is an international break between GW31 and GW32 this year, competitive games too so we will probably see injuries.

Anyone who builds for GW32 and uses their Free Hit in GW31 does so at their own risk :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,703 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Right!

My legal team will be in contact with you shortly ;-)

I think that overall the best strategy is to build a team for BGWs 31 and 33. FH in DGW32 and wildcard in 34 which will enable a TC/BB in DGW35.

I think it is possible to plan ahead for the blanks without greatly weakening your team. Free hitting in DGW32 is more appealing to me than using it during BGW31 to build a team which would be more than likely quite similar to the team that you would be building towards anyway, that's assuming you have 5/6 players who have fixtures in GW31 is your squad already.

The problem with this is having those GW 31 players in your team until then. In an ideal world Richarlison would have been jettisoned weeks ago!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I don't have a wildcard so decided build for the doubles, and FH for the blank. Based on the following:
    - there's a lot of crap in the blanks, whereas most of the players I have/want are in the doubles. No way I'd want to build a team around Digne, Richarlison, Hazard, Alonso, etc
    - Taking the FH in BGW31 allows me BB in DGW32. That currently gives me 25 matches for DGW32 without going to dregs. FH in DGW32 means I can't BB, so when you leave in your Salah and Liverpool defender, you're probably talking 19/20 players. 6 extra matches plus a full compliment for the BGW. Happy days.
    - the risk is what awaits at BGW33. Wolves and United already gone means I'm down 4 players as it is. Hoping with a bit of luck and 2 FT's I might get to 8/9 that week
    - TC then someone in DGW35

If I had a wildcard I may think differently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,420 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Also, in my planning today, it's evident everyone should be making a call on whether you're building for the blanks or doubles as soon as possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

As it stands at the moment I have 7 players for GW31 so I will plan for this GW without using chips. (Fab, Schindler, Robbo, Digne, Mane, Salah Anderson) Will look at adding Perrera from Leicester and probably Haz & Higuain. Will also keep Wan Bicassa as either Palace/Watford will have a game in 33. Will be off-loading Utd & Wolves players over the next few weeks as they are both blanking in GW33. I am planning for 31 but keeping an eye on GW33

I plan to free hit 32 then have my original team for GW33. This is going to be bleak, possibly 6/7 players. Wildcard in GW 34 and bench boost in GW35.

Being in a good position now for GW31 make this plan easier for me. I would see how you are looking and then plan from there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,057 ✭✭✭Brian201888

I've no wildcard or bench boost and have 4 players for 31 as it stands, I take it I'm best off working towards DGW 32 and FHing 31 before just hoping for the best in the other blank. Think the wheels are about to come off majorly 🙈

Advertisement