Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFC 230 SUN. NOV. 4, 2018 CORMIER VS LEWIS

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Jacaras 3 in 6 (1 in 3) going into this fight and still raneked 5th.
    mailburner wrote: »
    weidman was 1 in 4 and ranked 3rd :pac:

Worst division confirmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,855 ✭✭✭✭mailburner

cormiers tactics here?

I've a hunch he might stand with lewis just to prove he actually can...

I hope lewis lasts more than 6/7 mins and isn't totally disgraced
    be very surprised if this isnt done and dusted within two myself

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭mangobob

Bruce is a bit more shouty tonight than normal.

This is Lewis' 4th fight in 2018.

He beat Tybura, Ngannou, and Volkov before tonight.

Stipe might feel hard done by, but Lewis has more than earned this.

the size difference :eek:

• Advertisement

Not looking good for the Beast. Seems completely out of his depth in there. His only hope is to land a bomb.

DC might be the HW GOAT.

Fair play to DC. Lewis had nothing for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Comfortably uneventful

• Registered Users Posts: 17,339 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

That went as everyone expected. Lewis is fun but his wrestling is nowhere near good enough to compete with Cormier.

• Advertisement

That went as everyone expected. Lewis is fun but his wrestling is nowhere near good enough to compete with Cormier.

No arguing with that assesment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

Only 71 (72 now) posts for the MSG card? Damn I guess i'm not the only one to not bother with it. I just wiki'd the results and watched some highlights on Youtube. This is the first UFC card in probably a decade that I didn't bother watching. It just seemed like a card mostly consisting of fights that didn't really mean anything to anyone except the fighters, their coaches and their immediate families.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,909 ✭✭✭JacksonHeightsOwn

that was an enjoyable card, regardless of the quality, or should i say lack of, particularly in the main event.

That Adesanya kid looks the absolute real deal. He's like a mix of Mcgregor/Silva, really super movement and striking range.

Weidman needs to call it a day. Whether its an age issue, or something more sinister. But ever since the USADA came into the UFC Weidman has been woeful. Thats not even up for the debate. The lad has been cracked far too often for my liking and he really needs to think about hi long term health.

As for the main event.

It went the way we all expected, but i still cant seem to come to terms that the best heavyweight mixed martial artist can be a small fat guy touching 40 years of age.

Surely there's someone in the UFC that can beat a near 40 year old, fat midget wrestler?

Call me naive, but when i look at DC, i just cant get my head around how someone who looks worse than me, is seemingly unbeatable? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

As for the main event.

It went the way we all expected, but i still cant seem to come to terms that the best heavyweight mixed martial artist can be a small fat guy touching 40 years of age.

Surely there's someone in the UFC that can beat a near 40 year old, fat midget wrestler?

Call me naive, but when i look at DC, i just cant get my head around how someone who looks worse than me, is seemingly unbeatable? :confused:

You are naive.

A six pack doesn't mean you can beat someone up. Neither does height.

DC is incredibly strong, an Olympic level wrestler, great cardio and a very underrated kickboxer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

DC made it look so easy. Man handled Black Beast.

He will do the same to Lesnar.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,935 ✭✭✭Tazzimus

DC is as strong as a bear and as tough as an old Volvo.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,124 ✭✭✭Brussels Sprout

Paul Felder, who was great in the booth, when asked about referees, early on in the night, said something like "There is one guy alright....I mean you don't wan't to get killed in there". Based on the co-main it could well have been Dan Miragliotta. Props to Jacare for not wanting to inflict more needless damage to Weidman there. In the heat of the moment a lot of fighters wouldn't have thought twice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,056 ✭✭✭darced

Weidman needs to call it a day. Whether its an age issue, or something more sinister. But ever since the USADA came into the UFC Weidman has been woeful. Thats not even up for the debate. The lad has been cracked far too often for my liking and he really needs to think about hi long term health.

I had the same notion about USADA but looking back at the fights he has lost and he was doing really well in all of them.

He was winning and looking good last night on the cards, He was a round a piece with Romero and winning the wrestling, beating Rockhold until trying that spinning kick and I think he had Moussai hurt in their fight at a point.

It seems Rockhold has cracked his chin and he will always be vulnerable now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,387 ✭✭✭xckjoo

cliggg wrote: »
    Only 71 (72 now) posts for the MSG card? Damn I guess i'm not the only one to not bother with it. I just wiki'd the results and watched some highlights on Youtube. This is the first UFC card in probably a decade that I didn't bother watching. It just seemed like a card mostly consisting of fights that didn't really mean anything to anyone except the fighters, their coaches and their immediate families.

I enjoyed it. There was some great fights in there. Weidman-Souza was a battle to the end. Only 1 fight on the main card went the distance so plenty of action.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,415 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

darced wrote: »

I had the same notion about USADA but looking back at the fights he has lost and he was doing really well in all of them.

He was winning and looking good last night on the cards, He was a round a piece with Romero and winning the wrestling, beating Rockhold until trying that spinning kick and I think he had Moussai hurt in their fight at a point.

It seems Rockhold has cracked his chin and he will always be vulnerable now.

People also forget that he got badly dropped by and should have lost to a fat welterweight, albeit an extremely good one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

And people still say the UFC don't need McGregor and the stuff that comes with him. Was it just me or was there an awful lot of empty seats?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

Lots of empty seats yeah. Even DC said so. Flat atmosphere too. No build for it. Shevchenko/Joanna taken off the card, Diaz/Poirier and Magomedov too. Rockhold out and the main thrown together a couple of weeks ago. A shambles really.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭Richard tea

Everytime DC fought Jon Jones I prayed he would win. That ends now though. I need to see DC getting as ass whooping. I'm just gone right off him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

You watched a card that had Erik Anders in the main event and had Alex Oliviera in the co main a few weeks ago, but didn't bother with this one which has Cormier, Weidman, Jacare, Adesanya and Lando on it?

Yeah it was not on the level of the last few msg cards but there were still some very intriguing rights on paper. Lots of them turned out to be crackers too, notably the Weidman and Lando fights. Plus one of the best performances of the year from Adesanya.

Really good night of fights imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭Autecher

dulux99 wrote: »
    You watched a card that had Erik Anders in the main event and had Alex Oliviera in the co main a few weeks ago, but didn't bother with this one which has Cormier, Weidman, Jacare, Adesanya and Lando on it?

Yeah it was not on the level of the last few msg cards but there were still some very intriguing rights on paper. Lots of them turned out to be crackers too, notably the Weidman and Lando fights. Plus one of the best performances of the year from Adesanya.

Really good night of fights imo.
    Haha! Yeah I watched that Santos - Anders card, for my sins. Maybe I'm a bit burned out on MMA but I just didn't care about this card at all. I have no doubt it was a good card because there are very few actual bad UFC cards despite how they may look on paper but nothing grabbed my interest enough. Apart from a couple of fighters this was just was a Fight Night card presented as a ppv and I've seen plenty of them already.

Only 71 (72 now) posts for the MSG card? Damn I guess i'm not the only one to not bother with it. .

It was me you and sub marc mostly last night

sometimes It's only me posting away to myself :P
    That andros santos card was one of those cases :D

There used to be a lot more posting in the past, surprisingly quiet
    for this card though.

There was a lot to be said about having a lot fewer events years ago, wanted the next one to come around so badly

By the time the dec 15 card is done we will have had 9 events in 8 weeks which is probably a record.
    Even the die hards like myself will have had enough by then :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭RonanP77

I've watched the main card and a few of the prelims. On paper I didn't think it was going to be great but I really enjoyed it. Delighted to see Jacare get the win and despite all the hate he gets, I really like DC so was happy for him too .

Lewis is really likeable but very limited and I think it would be bad for MMA to have a brawler with little more than a big punch as champ. I though DC looked good technically, little things like the ankle pick looked great. He did a lot more than lay there trying to smother Lewis.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,609 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

RonanP77 wrote: »
    I've watched the main card and a few of the prelims. On paper I didn't think it was going to be great but I really enjoyed it. Delighted to see Jacare get the win and despite all the hate he gets, I really like DC so was happy for him too .

DC gets hate????

• Registered Users Posts: 12,732 ✭✭✭✭The Nal

callaway92 wrote: »
    DC gets hate????

From Jones fanboys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement