Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Google WiFi work with F2000 that is set to bridge mode ?

Options
  • 01-11-2018 3:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

From what i have been reading .. if i wanted to use Google Wifi Mesh router that i should set the F2000 to bridge mode.  I believe Google Wifi doesnt have an option to set vlan id :10 .. does this rule it out?  I have Eir VDSL2 / FTTC.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Do you have the google wifi equipment already? If not look into orbi, from what I've read online the orbi will connect to an isp that requires vlan tagging so you wouldn't need the f2000 anymore.(unless you have voip phone with Eir)

• Registered Users Posts: 40 paddybudg

tuxy wrote: »
    Do you have the google wifi equipment already? If not look into orbi, from what I've read online the orbi will connect to an isp that requires vlan tagging so you wouldn't need the f2000 anymore.(unless you have voip phone with Eir)
    Hi Tuxy .. yeah im also looking at the Orbi.  Ive not purchased Google Wifi.  I was about to and came across the requirement for vlan tagging.  I dont think the orbi has a vdsl modem so think i still need to keep the F2000 but put it into bridge mode.  I believe the Orbi supports vlan tagging so all should be good there.  It was just a bit more cost that had planned but seems to tick all boxes and a very good product.  Seems google wifi is missing a trick here and across globe from what i have seen on google own forum for wifi :-(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Ah you're on vdsl I thought you were on ftth.
    I don't think any mesh wifi setup will have a vdsl modem so yes you need to use the f2000 in bridge mode. 

You won't need the mesh wifi equipment to support vlan as this is only done on the outbound connection to your isp and the f2000 will still be doing that for you. 

Advertisement