Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Taken Down [RTE]

18910111214»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,347 ✭✭✭rogber

The RTE heads must have been reading boards back in 2019 as whaddya know, two years later Kin hits our screens.

For reasons I won't go into here, just watched Taken Down this week. About a month after I watched Kin series 1. Apart from the fact Kin has a bigger budget, neither show was much better or worse than the other. Both pretty poor but watchable. And reading both threads, it strikes me Love/Hate is constantly held up as the holy grail of Irish TV series, you'd think it was Sopranos or The Wire or something.

I thought Taken Down took an interesting topic but was too unsure did it want to be a straight up cop show or a deeper drama and ended up doing neither particularly well (characters like Isaiah were central in episodes 1&2, then disappears completely in 3&4, only to make a comeback in number 5).

And characters generally too much in the good or evil camp to be really interesting. Benjamin and Ger absolutely vile (although well played). Flashbacks a bit pointless at the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 924 ✭✭✭lumphammer2

Kin is worth 1000000 Taken Downs ... there is a reason why Kin has at least 4 seasons and Taken Down only got one ... The former is good and enjoyable ... the same goes for Love/Hate .... I have not watched those 2 shows you mention but know Breaking Bad, Peaky Blinders and Gangs of London .... and yes Kin and Love/Hate do very well as Irish equivalents and can hold their head up as equals to them in their own right .. there I said it ... as Irish based dramas ...

I agree 100% with what you say about Taken Down ... that was watchable but I found it poor ... the middle episodes totally pointless and a lot of the characters esp the Gardai silly .... I think the flashbacks were a kind of Midsomer Murders ripoff ...

Advertisement