If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55 inch TV

Options
  • 01-11-2018 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi .What TV would u recommend. I'm looking for 55 inch TV for under 600 sterling. Mostly for sports and movies

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Hi HH,

for once an easy query ( if I bend the guidelines a little)  :D - and I can combine it with a Boardie deal :D :D

- If it was me I would look straight at the Panasonic TX55FX700 - its currently £669 / €779 - however if I do a Boardie deal on it at £620 ( slightly bending the budget ;) ) then I really think it's the best 55" around for under £600 ( + £20 :o) in the market:
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203240-panasonic-tx55fx700b-55-ultra-hd-4k-hdr-led-tv.aspx

...seriously though - for £620 that would really be a cracking TV and there is really nothing else under £700 that will touch it.

If you are interested at £620 / €720 just drop us a line and we will either do a Boardie voucher code for you so you can purchase online or we will give you a call to arrange a delivery for you.

Thanks again and keep us posted if we can assist in any way,

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 30 happy hurler

Hi John , 

thanks for your reply, that sounds a great deal .  just to mind at rest 2 questions  I see you lg 6400plb  for 549 is the Panasonic worth the extra.
    also, will u have black Friday sale?
     regards 
    HH

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi John , 

thanks for your reply, that sounds a great deal .  just to mind at rest 2 questions  I see you lg 6400plb  for 549 is the Panasonic worth the extra.
     regards 
    HH
    Hey Happy Hunter.

The Panasonic would be a step up over the 6400 series LG.
    You would need to go into the SK8100 range for a comparable set to the Pana FX750 series.
    The 55SK8100 retails for £699
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

We will be running a Black Friday sale but do not find out the deals until the eve of the event. Not all products are reduced on Black Friday and it will only be selected lines.

We are also offering to honor any Black Friday price drops on products purchased from today up until Black Friday. This will hopefully give our customers the confidence to make a purchase without the fear of losing out if a product drops in price on Black Friday.

Let me know your thoughts.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Billydoc

Hi,
    Sorry for jumping in here but I may be interested in this tv, I wouldn’t really have a foggiest about TVs tbh really but need a tv around 55” just sports, movies and a small bit of gaming when allowed! Need a wall bracket too. What can ya do for me?

Billydoc wrote: »
    Hi,
    Sorry for jumping in here but I may be interested in this tv, I wouldn’t really have a foggiest about TVs tbh really but need a tv around 55” just sports, movies and a small bit of gaming when allowed! Need a wall bracket too. What can ya do for me?
    Hi Billdoc.

I could offer any of the above pricing to yourself on the televisions.
    Was there one in particular that you had been looking at from the one mentioned above?

For the bracket do you require one to hold it flat to the wall, tilt or full motion?

• Advertisement

Hi Billdoc.

Was there one in particular that you had been looking at from the one mentioned above?

For the bracket do you require one to hold it flat to the wall, tilt or full motion?

Hi Kenny,
    Not while fussy altogether as long as it's decent enough, min 55" tv, it's going above the mantle so probably need a tilt. Is that Panasonic a good deal or what else do ye have which is good for around £700 or less.

Hi Billdoc.

Hi Kenny,
    Not while fussy altogether as long as it's decent enough, min 55" tv, it's going above the mantle so probably need a tilt. Is that Panasonic a good deal or what else do ye have which is good for around £700 or less.
    Hi Billydoc.

The Panasonic 55FX700 at the deal price above of £620 or 720 Euro is a cracking deal and the one to go for for value for money.

For the likes of the LG 55SK8100 you would be looking at £699 or 819 Euro
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203297-lg-55sk8100pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

For a tit bracket there would be the Sanus BMT1 priced at £79.00 but I could offer at £50 if purchased along with a television.

Hi Billydoc.

The Panasonic 55FX700 at the deal price above of £620 or 720 Euro is a cracking deal and the one to go for for value for money.

For a tit bracket there would be the Sanus BMT1 priced at £79.00 but I could offer at £50 if purchased along with a television.

Yeah that's grand, I'll get back to ya tomorrow, what's the number to ring to purchase?

Hi Billydoc.

Yeah that's grand, I'll get back to ya tomorrow, what's the number to ring to purchase?
    No problem at all Billydoc.

You can get me on 0044 333 900 0070 or if you drop me your contact number in a PM I can give you a call at a time that suits tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Shelly0

Hi Guy. 

Sorry for jumping in too. any change of boards deal on LG  6400. or Panasonic TX49FX550B 549. limit budget 

thx 

• Advertisement

Shelly0 wrote: »
    Hi Guy. 

Sorry for jumping in too. any change of boards deal on LG  6400. or Panasonic TX49FX550B 549. limit budget 

thx 
    Hi Shelly00.

No really any movement on wither of those two.

The 49FX550 retails at £549.00 and we are currently running a voucher code on this (RSTV50) which drops the price to £499 with £6.99 shipping

On the LG 43UK6400 currently priced at £369.00. I would have no further movement on this one unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 happy hurler

Hi John , 

regards 
    HH
    Hey Happy Hunter.

You would need to go into the SK8100 range for a comparable set to the Pana FX750 series.

We will be running a Black Friday sale but do not find out the deals until the eve of the event. Not all products are reduced on Black Friday and it will only be selected lines.

We are also offering to honor any Black Friday price drops on products purchased from today up until Black Friday. This will hopefully give our customers the confidence to make a purchase without the fear of losing out if a product drops in price on Black Friday.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for getting to me , you might do up a Boardie voucher code for me on  the Panasonic TX55FX700. one more thing is it  saorview compatible tv

Many thanks 
    HH

Hi John , 

regards 
    HH
    Hey Happy Hunter.

Hi Kenny,

Thanks for getting to me , you might do up a Boardie voucher code for me on  the Panasonic TX55FX700. one more thing is it  saorview compatible tv

Many thanks 
    HH
    Hi HH.

Creating the voucher to allow you to purchase at the discounted price on our website needs done by our IT team and may not happen until later this afternoon.

I f you want to drop me over your contact number we can give you a call to place the order or I can let you know once I manage to get the code created for you.

I purchased the LG 55UK6400PLF ((402227)) 11/11 for 549.00 i see it has been reduced to 449.00, is it covered under the black Friday guarantee.?

.. if you purchased it from us, yes.

Just drop us a mail to sales@richersounds.ie with your full details and details of sale and we will refund you no problem.

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

(Please note our responses may not be as quick as we would like in the busy Black Friday / Christmas period – apologies in advance)

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

Hi john,
    Yes it was from yee I bought it.
    Great tv would highly recommend it.
    Thanks again

Pleasure!

Thanks for the biz - its really appreciated!

ATVB,

John Mc & Crew

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,681 ✭✭✭Try_harder

Guys I placed an order there wondering is there an additional boardsie discount on it? Left my number to complete payment

Cant call the number for whatever reason

Try_harder wrote: »
    Cant call the number for whatever reason
    Hi Try_Harder could you PM me with what it was you ordered?

Our Black Friday pricing is really quite tight at the moment so there is not much extra I can do on a lot of products.

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Sent

Try_harder wrote: »
    Sent
    I'll get back to you asap.

Kind regards

David

Hi,
    I bought the Panasonic 55FX700 Here in November. Would like a sound bar for this tv to attach on the bottom of it. Any deals going or recommendation on one? Thinking €100-€150 or cheaper if ye think.

Hi,
    I bought the Panasonic 55FX700 Here in November. Would like a sound bar for this tv to attach on the bottom of it. Any deals going or recommendation on one? Thinking €100-€150 or cheaper if ye think.
    Hi Billdoc.

How about the JBL Bar Studio priced at 119 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203184-jbl-bar-studio-black-soundbar.aspx

Its been a very popular product this Christmas period.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Samsung UE50NU7020. Hi. I am interested in this particular set and would like to avail of a Boardsie voucher offer, if available.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Samsung UE50NU7020. Hi. I am interested in this particular set and would like to avail of a Boardsie voucher offer, if available.
    Hi Chicorytip.

Thanks for the post.

I answered this also over on its own thread.

There is currently no boardie deal or further discount on the 50NU7020 as our Boxing day sale is in full swing.

All current boxing day deals and pricing are listed on www.Richersounds.ie

The 50NU7020 is now listed on our website as an instore only collection and can not be shipped.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203668-samsung-ue50nu7020-50-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-tvplus.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 4,132 ✭✭✭chicorytip

The 50NU7020 is now listed on our website as an instore only collection and can not be shipped.

Can the instore payment be made in Euro?

chicorytip wrote: »
    Originally posted by Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Can the instore payment be made in Euro?
    Hey Chicorytip.

We can indeed take Euro payment here at the Belfast store in both Cash and via card.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

I'm closing this thread as its now almost two months old and has hosted lots of Boardies with different TV queries !!

If you have a query or are looking for a deal, you are very welcome to open a new thread for your query, much easier for everyone to keep track :-)

Cheers,

Ritz.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.