Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC zone config question

Options
  • 01-11-2018 5:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭

Greetings,

Replacing Aritech system, lock stock and barrel. Have a basic system up and running.

Zone 1: Front door. HKC inertia and contact fitted, with two 4.7K resistors. Multimeter shows {
    All contacts closed: 4.7K

Reed open (ie door open) :9.4K
    Shock sensor causes value to almost imperceptibly change when struck, so I assume it's working, its in series with the contact

tamper: open circuit.

Zone 1 configured as DEOL and Entry/Exit. When the alarm is set, opening the front door triggers the entry time. However, banging the door does not cause the shock to trigger the alarm.

Zone 3 is wired identically (with a bit of jigging to extend the zone across a big double door and a window with two openings). Multimeter readings are identical to Zone 1.

Zone 3 configured as DEOL . When the alarm is set, opening the backdoor or window triggers the alarm. However, banging the door or window does not cause the shock to trigger the alarm.

I have the manual (SW1070 Startup Guide) and its not exactly a " HKC for Dummies" is it??

Given the shocks don't work in either Zone, I presume there's some config I need to do to get them working.

Can anyone give me a pointer for this please?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Hi Folks,,

Progress!

I did a walk test and shocks and contacts worked. However, when I actually set the alarm, it takes quite a thump on the window glass (or front door) to trigger the alarm. So, it seems to me that the walk test is more sensitive than the actual real life alarm condition. Am I right about that?

Is shock sensitivity adjustable differently per zone?

Lastly, I set the front door Zone1 to be Entry/Exit, which works just fine. But I also set it to be 'Chime' but opening the front door when the alarm is not set does nothing. I'm assuming that 'Chime' is a bit like the days of yore, when shops had a little bell over the door, to alert them when a customer entered. Is that what 'Chime' does? What does it sound like? Is there more to activating it than simply adding it to the Zone?

Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I did a walk test and shocks and contacts worked. However, when I actually set the alarm, it takes quite a thump on the window glass (or front door) to trigger the alarm. So, it seems to me that the walk test is more sensitive than the actual real life alarm condition. Am I right about that?
    Thats correct. The walk test will activate on any tap or bang . An alarm will only activate based on the Gross & Shock settings for that zone.
    Is shock sensitivity adjustable differently per zone?
    Yes its in Zone settings Gross & Pulse. 4-4 or 5-5 is the norm.
    Lastly, I set the front door Zone1 to be Entry/Exit, which works just fine. But I also set it to be 'Chime' but opening the front door when the alarm is not set does nothing. I'm assuming that 'Chime' is a bit like the days of yore, when shops had a little bell over the door, to alert them when a customer entered. Is that what 'Chime' does? What does it sound like? Is there more to activating it than simply adding it to the Zone?

Thats correct but you need to turn on chime on the keypad.
    Its in the user menu . Chime on/off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭NickNickleby

Hey KoolKid!

Thanks for taking the trouble to reply, its much appreciated.

I'm getting to grips with the manual now (at last) and can see how to translate the various options into keystrokes at the keypad.

I'll do the chime and adjust the sensitivities tomorrow. No point in spoiling the neighbours' Sunday afternoon naps with my siren going off!

Cheers, and once again thanks for the friendly advice.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Your welcome.
    If you need anything else come back to me.

Advertisement