Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

9 months trying to get Fiber

• 01-11-2018 9:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

I have spent 9 months dealing with different Eir Customer Service Agents, Open Eir and even KN Techs. Fiber cables were eventually ran into our small housing development 4 weeks ago and I was informed to wait one week for the Eir System to update, then Fiber would be available.
    The system still says Fiber is not available
    Is the a number of someone in authority that I can speak to to resolve this issue.
    I have lost track/account of how much time I have spent on this singe 6th Feb 2018

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭eir: Kyle

Lenbri wrote: »
    I have spent 9 months dealing with different Eir Customer Service Agents, Open Eir and even KN Techs. Fiber cables were eventually ran into our small housing development 4 weeks ago and I was informed to wait one week for the Eir System to update, then Fiber would be available.
    Is the a number of someone in authority that I can speak to to resolve this issue.
    I have lost track/account of how much time I have spent on this singe 6th Feb 2018
    Hi there Lenbri

If you need to contact somone regarding an appointment, it will be Open eir at 1800303733 and if you need to place an order to get this service, it will be Sales at 1800503303

-Kyle

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lenbri

Thanks Kyle.

Im still being told no fiber service available according to the system so sales can help.
    I don't need an appointment as I can't get the product.

Brian

quote="eir: Kyle;108517613"]Hi there Lenbri

If you need to contact somone regarding an appointment, it will be Open eir at 1800303733 and if you need to place an order to get this service, it will be Sales at 1800503303

-Kyle[/quote]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

There's more than one company offering ftth on the openEir network.
    OpenEir send the ISPs a list of houses that are live. I think Eir generally update their list every 3 weeks from the main list given to them.
    Airwire update their list every week.

Check here
    https://www.airwire.ie/index.php/avail

If fibre to the home shows up as one of the services available to you, you can order right away from them or you can wait a few weeks for another ISP to get around to updating their list. 

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Lenbri

eir: Kyle wrote: »
    Lenbri wrote: »
    Hi there Lenbri

-Kyle
    Kyle

I have had no satisfaction since last post. 7 phone calls to Eir. After lengthy conversations put on hold & calls dropped.
    One customer agents hung up on me at 16.59hrs.
    3 calls today, transferred to customer services on each occasion, call dropped twice already, on hold now 20mins
    I have a very simple problem.
    Fiber is in the duct outside my house, I paid to put the ducts & manhole access in place. 
    Eir Fiber Rollout Map shows I am covered. I need to speck to someone to get this sorted.

B

Advertisement